It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary dreams of escalators, roller coasters, and cult followers who happen to be my friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why is it that whenever I dream of a mall (3 floors up), I have a fear of height when I use the escalator. What does this mean? When I go up on the escalator to the third floor, sometimes I have to jump up forward, to land on the ground safely. I have this fear of falling backward. Going up seems easier than coming down, though. I feels as fast as a roller coaster when going down! It's scary! I wouldn't walk on the stairs because I'm scared of heights, so I would just hold on to the railing of an escalator. In real life, I have a fear of heights, but I am in NO WAY scared of escalators, only in dreams!
It seems even scarier because when I'm on the 3rd floor, the escalators are huge and long and brings me all the way to the bottom, instead of to the 2nd floor, and then from the second I can find another escalator to bring me to the bottom. But, no, it's always a fast moving escalator from the third floor to the bottom.
In the dream that I just woke up from, I told me friend that I had a fear of heights, and he said, "I know" and threw me off of the third floor to the first one, and as I was falling I wasn't even scared, I felt like a spirit floating. Then I woke up before I landed, though...
Also, I made a lot of new friends in the dream, but one of my main friends was a cult leader and we were all of his followers. I don't know what that means...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
hmmm, i don't know what that means, but i can relate to the roller coaster part. i have plenty of dreams where i'm on a huge roller coaster in the middle of an ocean, and sometimes the track is invisible. other times there are no saftey harnesses or belts or anything, its just a train with rows of seats. while i don't mind the adventure, i usually end up thrown off the track or hanging upside down mid-air for a moment.

i interpret these dreams as a kind of wake up call, to plan my future and look ahead, not get stuck in the moment. but hey they're just dreams right? who knows if they mean anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Maybe spiritually at the present time you are on the wrong path or not ready for the next phase of your spritual journey.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Oh wow, I had a very similar dream last night.

It involved me holding on to the sides of an long escalator, while it zoomed higher and higher in a shopping mall. I could see all these people around, going up and down on the other huge escalators all around me.

Then a strange thing happened, the dream switched to all of us (new friends) sitting in a room. There was an earthquake, and we automatically focused all our energy to our hearts, and the earth stop shaking.

It was a really strange dream... thought i'd share. So in a way, hello new dream friend

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I googled fear of escalators and found this post and I'm so glad I'm not the only one! For some reason I rarely remember my dreams at all but sometimes I'll remember bits and pieces. I remembered being in a mall but not wanting to leave the top floor because looking down the fall looked huge and steep from the escalator. And going down was terrible and gave me the sensation of falling. So weird I have a small fear of heights but I was terrified in my dream world. I to wonder what it means

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tabi61

Wow. Thank you for responding! It's been about 3 years since then. I recently had another dream which I wasn't sure if I wanted to share, but now that I saw this old thread, I think I will

new topics

top topics

join