It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Straw Poll Canceled due to "Lack of Interest" Conspiracy against Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Maybe you can help me out then. There is something about this that kind of confuses me but I am sure a real Ron Paul fan can answer it. Why is he playing their games? Why is he in the GOP ticket, again? If you know and Ron knows that the establishment will do anything to keep him down, why the hells does he stay in their camp? Why doesn't he go independant? Democrat? Wig? Anything but Republican.
Seems to me that he is as guilty as anyone else since he has had more than enough time to realize this. All you RP fans on ATS seem pretty sure the establishment GOP is never going to give him a chance so why does he play their games?
The only person I can fault for letting the GOP silence Paul is Paul.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

You don't know much about Ron Paul do you?
He is on the GOP ticket because that is his only chance to make it. When is the last time you saw anyone but a Democrat or Republican elected? Exactly. He isn't really a Republican, he is a Libertarian and that is exactly what he ran as when he first ran for President in 1988. Also, he has said if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, he will continue as an Independent.

It's not the GOP in general, it's certain rich and powerful members. You have rich people that own the news, their associates and themselves invest in candidates that will help their other businesses if they get in office. That candidate isn't Paul of course so he's made fun of and ignored because they don't want him to even be considered. It's pretty obvious really.
edit on 20-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wow, there needs to be some additional investigation into who exactly has a lack of interest, and why. It will all come down to speculation of biased opinions. I am a Ron Paul supporter, and plan to attend the Orlando presidential debates on the 22nd and the national republican convention in Tampa as well, and I am sure there are a lot more like me. The way I see it, the politicians work for the people, and it should be up to us to decide if we are interested enough or not, not them.

In spite of what the MSM says, Perry and Romney are not leading the pack, by any means. So to write anyone else off is completely foolish. It just shows what they are attempting to do which is discredit RP because he will not play by their rules WHEN he wins and becomes the POTUS.

Ron Paul 2012! Our country needs him, and can not afford another shill. If people are sick of the way things are, they need to vote for this man otherwise they are only perpetuating the problem through their own self inflicted ignorance.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Actually it was well known that Romney would not participate in straw polls to concentrate in other areas of his campaign, he was trying to learn from mistakes from his 08 campaign, Perry has both the money and the polls to participate in Texas and Perry's California GOP convention support was paid for but you can't buy passion and grassroots organization.

Now, we don't know exactly why Texas GOP canceled the straw poll but I do know the California GOP party leaders were doing some shady things to kick out liberty loving servicemen a few years ago, the GOP party feels threatened and will stop at nothing to deny Ron Paul the nomination but did Ron Paul have something to do with the cancellation? that we don't know but I'll try to dig around and find something.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Paul running an independent campaign would destroy him, he is running republican because he believes traditional republican values have been lost and forgotten, he is trying to restore it. It is a valiant effort in my opinion.

His beliefs have nothing to do with the democratic party, why would he run in it?

I think you're just looking for any reason to discredit him so you bring up points like that.

Now...I don't think there is 100% conspiracy against Ron Paul for this Texas straw poll canceling but I do suspect he might be a factor in some of this. Ron Paul is more popular than Perry in the state of Texas, that is a fact. All Texans know about Perry's dirty laundry it is just that the rest of the nation does not.

Fallen, from your post(s) I can tell you are very misinformed about Ron Paul, now whether you're a troll or not, I don't even know but if you would like to learn more about him I'd be happy to indulge but if you're just going to keep attacking him from all angles and never responding to arguments (like others) then I'm just gonna have to bow out and ignore you from now on.
edit on 20-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This gives Ron Paul more money to influence the next straw poll.

Money well spent?

Doubtful.

Is that you Perry?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
In the last Texas GOP Straw Poll it appears Ron Paul delegates were not let into the convention. This wasn't the only scenario of foul play against Ron Paul in the last GOP elections.

not to mention Nevada caucus foul play
last minute rule change by senator shut down the entire convention and stopped Ron Paul delegates from electing national delegates

I remember a scandal in Louisiana as well where Ron was expected to win first but group delegations ganged up to prevent a Ron Paul win.

I do believe this year the campaign will be ready for all of the 'surprises' and know how to deal with them when they encounter each obstacle thrown at them, make no mistake about it, the republican party is the way to victory, America is not ready for an independent run, it has to be set up or needs mass momentum from a drop out from a democrat or republican race.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Regardless of what happens, this time around there will be more eyes watching, as this will not be the first time for many. Hopefully the publicity of such attempts to sabotage will be enough to deter any further attempts. That is very wishful thinking.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Definitely, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul's campaign or grassroots bring their own officials to witness and record the incidences for proof of foul play.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

If you think people are sheep then put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. If enough of us do it the sheep will follow, like well, sheep.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
let me guess... maybe it was canelled becuase THERE WAS A LACK OF INTEREST?

Sorry to shout but some may need the wakeup.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This happened in June. Check out the date on the article here.

Rick Perry didn't even announce his candidacy until August. Regardless, Paul would slaughter him in any real debate and I wouldn't doubt that he'd also win a hypothetical Texas straw poll.

I don't think this cancellation was ever an intentional conspiracy against Ron Paul, though. The "lack of interest" being reported at that time was likely lack of interest from the media themselves. Now that Perry is truly in the mix, I imagine that "interest" in a Texas straw poll would be quite high among the media. They would find some other way to spin Perry's #2 showing in such a poll as a victory for Perry, so I don't see why thy would conspire to cancel the poll and risk a bunch of people calling them out on such a naked ploy.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
i too believe it will happen at the delegate level.that is the best chance for tptb to corrupt the system.i live in texas and perry is the local media darling of the ten rural broadcast stations i get.it makes me sick to see the propaganda that they preach.thank god our churches are dying or it would be worse.i know some hard core republicans and they dont have a clew about rp.they bet their info from fox because it fair and balanced.lmao.the media is a traitor.i sometimes want to chop their towers down but i hold my temper because i know karma will get them.i believe we need to do whatever we can to become delegates.thats where the corruption will be for us to stop.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
let me guess... maybe it was canelled becuase THERE WAS A LACK OF INTEREST?

Sorry to shout but some may need the wakeup.

The media didn't lie, they have a lack of interest in the Texas straw poll.

They covered bases, made a statement. Just because the media refuses to air it doesn't mean it cant still happen and use youtube to showcase it. Oh the people at youtube should be getting paid for this type of coverage. User based.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Wow,
I was getting excited for the Texas Straw (being a resident myself), I wanted to see how Ron Paul would fare here after his big win in the California Straw. "Lack of Interest" they say, HA. There's definitely something going on, whether it be a conspiracy against RP or not.
Go Ron Paul!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Maybe you can help me out then. There is something about this that kind of confuses me but I am sure a real Ron Paul fan can answer it. Why is he playing their games? Why is he in the GOP ticket, again?

Because the system is stacked against anybody outside the two parties. Thats the first sign of corruption.
R.P. said in an interview that one would have to be a billionaire to run as a third party ticket.
He's not a billionaire. So he has to run within the system and hopes that his message, regardless of a win, can wake people up. Its not about winning, its about getting your message across.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
www.prisonplanet.com...

Ron Paul is riding high again after his California Straw Poll victory yesterday, but some Paul supporters are questioning why the Texas Straw Poll was cancelled for “lack of interest,” and whether it was actually killed because the Congressman would have inflicted an embarrassing defeat on Governor Rick Perry in his own state.

Was this straw poll canceled because Ron Paul would have beat Perry in his own state? How dumb do they think people are saying lack of interest? Ron Paul's popularity is exploding, the media is obsessed with the Perry/Romney feud, Bachman and the other candidates are still fighting strong. 'No interest'? Yeah right!

I think you hit the nail on the head

top topics

<< 1   >>

join