It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War between Russia and Georgia!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
They were not ignored. In the first war great care was taken to let them escape, opening up corridors, etc. Finally Grozny was simply flattened. 50.000 dead. Or about 15.000 per day for 3 days

I shouldn't smile because they were poor people but I have to...

there were 200-300 K russians before the war!!! (aleksander solzenicyn).all help from russian government was stopped in 1997.

so you just forgot about 200 K russians!!!They lost everything.Their homes,their jobs and they "life".You just forgot about them.congratulations.!!!!
:up

40K stayed in republic.they weren't liked by chechens.you know what does it mean..???

The losses for chechnya are 10.000

no-it's official number."mothers of soldiers" organization counted it carefully and stated that 25 K russians were killed.

>>>>500 in 15 BMP-2's was enough to scare away 5.000 gorillas from south ossetia. About 100 tanks in abkhazia also keeps the georgians away. Maybe a couple divisions and theyll all just run away into Turkey.

EMPTY WORDS.JUST TRY AS YOU TRIED IN CHECHENYA.

Then we just gas them? I mean a chemical truck can fall off a bridge or something. But Id let the abkhaz and ossetians deal with the insurgents in traditional style: genocide. The Abkhaz got rid of 250.000 georgians and killed 1800

you can't do it.all what you are saying is totaly stupid.Are you crazy???gas them???if you are crazy you can belive it.I'm not...You can also say that you call for UFO from Mars to destroy georgians.it wouldn't be more stupid..

>>>pseudo state like the baltics

no,just check where vistula river is.this is my location.baltic states also wiped you out

>>>watch us withdraw from every single arms treaty. Its already been threatened

what will you build????paper tanks??you haven't got money to modernize your army
))) you are poor mr Bizon.without money you can only shout

>>>Unfortunately we have a lost a lot due to a fully retarded leadership, but Putin might turn out to be ok if he destroys georgia and gets nato out of serbia

in serbia there is US and EU.Near these two you are nothing.
)))

>>>So america is supporting chechen terrorists? Well we can send FSB instructors to Najaf

I suppose that you slept for many years
)) you have your people in this region for many years.You were just wiped out by US in I and II Guld wars.Don't you see that??

>> Afghanistan is not a threat at all

it's not a problem.I mean that you lost near your borders.And now US - country from another side of earth build there their bases.Isn't funny??

We can kill every single georgian. Then there is no enemy. No person no problem.

???????are you crazy????everybody knows that it's just impossible.???You need a doc???

NATO and Russia are heading for world war 3?

no,russia was for some time in I league.You fighted for world dominacy.You and US.Where are you now??There is only one in I->US.In the second league there are:japan,germany,UK etc.and where are you with your silly GDP etc??

in third one??

it's all beacuse this kind of thinking.Don't you see that??You fighted for easten europe for 300 years.Now you lost everything.US didn't fight at all.Now Poles are the most proamerican nation in Europe.

US even don't move a finger.They didn't do antything!!!!It's strategy!!!It's perfect policy!!!You tried it for so many years and you were just wiped out.They didn't do anything and we invited their soldiers and their power.

Think russian!!!Think!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I shouldn't smile because they were poor people but I have to...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
use tos-m1 flamethrower thermobaric MLRS on georgian gorillas, it worked in chechnya, deep fried chechens/gorillas

Edit:

also you polish gorilla, russian military budget is second to the usa

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Hocico]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I shouldn't smile because they were poor people but I have to... >>send weapons and money to serbia. train a partisan force

what are you talking about??????
you are insane

partisan force??tanks???what you are talking about???

money!!!This is the weapon!!! you can't use tanks in such situations.you have to use money!!!but you hasn't got any money
)))

>>>russia had nothing to do with the gulf wars at all. are you illiterate, retarded, or just a typical pole?

your political influence in all region!!!you were powerful "player".now US cut all your links off.Don't you remeber 1973 when you were playing with US??But now US wiped you out from all gulf.

>>we can wipe out poland and the baltics in about 2 hours and the rest of europe in a couple weeks.

most of your army will ask for asylum only when they cross our border
))))
you can't do anything
ANYTHING
and this is why I'm so happy

Id say theyll get invaded in a couple decades

you couldn't even protect belarus
)) so don't talk about baltic
D

you will invede them when your president will be yellow and your capital will be Pekin (Beijng)

[edit on 26-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
listen up you dumb gorilla
, all of your post is made up from smilies, bullcrap and "what you are talking about??? ", if you cannot comprehend simple words you should shut the hell up as you dont know anything but suck a big american johnson and think your nation is important
, i would give you a normal response but your simple gorillian brain would again shut down

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Poland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Germany, Italy
added together EQUALS 1/3rd of the Russian Arsenal

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
NO.You are lying!!!!All forms of help were stopped in 1997.They had only 1- 3 years (after all this help was rather symbolic) to do anyting after their lost everyting.After all your government said that THEY WOULD BETTER GO BACK TO CHECHENYA

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bisonn

I dont feel like puttint up with this gorillas bull# anymore. He doesnt know anything literally. Fortunately there is 'ignore' button.

yes, what this gorilla doesnt know is that russia go the most natural resources in the world, but enough of that, let him go back and get anally probed by american drunk soldiers in his nation

also After three months of bombing NATO couldn't defeat Serbia's air defence network
, and moscow is the most defended city in the world

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Personal attacks and profanity are not going to be tolerated in this or any other forum. It stops now or those responsible will no longer be allowed to post or will be banned.

Feel free to debate but do so in a mature manner. If you feel insulted or wrongedfile a complaint or u2u a mod.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I hope it wasn't about my words
.Maybe I'm too sarcastic even if we talked about human deaths but I tried to not insult anybody

[edit on 9-9-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Guys, I've had many a chuckle reading the posts on this thread.

However the biggest laugh I got was when that idiot from the White House
gave a press conference and said something along the lines of:

'The use of force is not the best way to resolve political situation in the modern world!'

This from a man who wants to wage war against Iran for not kow-towing to the mighty USA.

And what do the hawks in America want to do next? Invade the Rodina because if it comes to that, and by that I mean giving military aid to Georgia, then boy!

You'd better start piling up the body bags and get a heap load of steel coffins in because if you do step in to this conflict, you'll need them.

As far as I can see, Russia is only doing what America is doing - protecting its democratic rights to have a monopoly of the worlds oil and gas resources

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Don't all you people who doubted Russia's ability to get Georgia out of those Independant States feel REAL stupid NOW??!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Russia seems to have lost over 100 troops in the Georgian invasion..
Heard/Read of numbers that were round about that much..

A tad bit too much for such overwhelming military superiority?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Russia seems to have lost over 100 troops in the Georgian invasion..
Heard/Read of numbers that were round about that much..

A tad bit too much for such overwhelming military superiority?

Until we get real reports confirming this is just a dream of Russian bashers like YOU and 100 deaths ina war like that was not a tad bit to much, your just saying that just to make Rus look bad, U.S. would have had the same death toll.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lambo Rider
Until we get real reports confirming this is just a dream of Russian bashers like YOU and 100 deaths in a war like that was not a tad bit to much, your just saying that just to make Rus look bad, U.S. would have had the same death toll.

1) So these reports are guaranteed fake ones?
2) I do not see myself as a Russian basher.. though I chuckle at the fact that I have been labeled as an anti-American and now a Russian basher as well.. which perhaps is precisely what I am..neutral.
3) I never intended to make anyone look 'bad'.. the truth is what it is.. one can interpret it as 'good' or 'bad'.

Lastly you seem to be confused: first you deny the death toll figure by saying that they may not be real. Then you apparently tacitly agree with that figure but go on the defensive by saying that the 'US' would have had the same death toll.
Where does the US even figure in what I am talking about?
I think you are confused and are banding me with the rest of the basher parties that have ridiculed this thread for a few pages.

The simple fact of the matter is that the Russians have overwhelming armored and infantry superiority in the region. It is surprising to see such death toll figures for the Russians(if they are true), just as it was surprising to see the Israeli performance in the Lebanese war of 06.. or for that matter the American occupation of post 2003 Iraq.

I would want to determine if the deaths were due to infantry hand held weapon fire or artillery/rocket attack fire or hand to hand combat.
Unfortunately such figures will never really be available to the common public.

Piece of advice, Lambo Rider: you maybe Russian or not.. and I don't know where your sense of attachment for the Russians comes from, but know this.. please try to look at every post with unbiased objectivity and see it for what its worth, and not more.. It will help you analyze things much better.. irrespective of whether you are pro-Russian or pro-American or whatever..

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
HA HA HA, I NEVER said that I agreed with the DEATH-TOLL reports, so STOP assuming things, trying to make me look like I don't know how to alalyse, (you know very well what I'm saying AND IMPLYING.)
the Isreali's TOTALY exaggerated that war to make it "LOOK" like they are ina deep struggle with Islamists, they out right defeated Hezbollah, if they didn't they would be attacking Isreali till this day with more advanced weaponry from Iran, scince thats the "official" story from Isreal.
Anyways where's the reports you where talking about??

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Lambo Rider]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lambo Rider
HA HA HA, I NEVER said that I agreed with the DEATH-TOLL reports, so STOP assuming things, trying to make me look like I don't know how to alalyse, (you know very well what I'm saying AND IMPLYING.)
the Isreali's TOTALY exaggerated that war to make it "LOOK" like they are ina deep struggle with Islamists, they out right defeated Hezbollah, if they didn't they would be attacking Isreali till this day with more advanced weaponry from Iran, scince thats the "official" story from Isreal.
Anyways where's the reports you where talking about??

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Lambo Rider]

1) I sure you know how to analyze just as well as you can spell the word.

2) I know you never agreed, but then why say that the Americans would have lost just as many(100) when the number itself is not something you wholly agree with? So for example if the 'true' number is say '1' casualty, then the Americans would have lost just as many according to you?Or are you trying to say that the Americans would have lost just as many only if the casualty figure was high and more than the casualty figure if it was low?
So are you saying that the Americans are just as 'good' as the Russians?

3) And as for your opinions on Hezbollah and the Israeli war.. clearly there seems to be some lacking in the knowledge of asymmetric urban warfare.
Hezbollah, as of today, has more advanced weapons than it did pre 2006 from Syria/Iran The Israeli campagin in the war of Lebanon 06 had the primary objective of de-fanging Hezbollah and retrieving 2 captured soldiers by force. Neither have resulted in success. Not to mention the current rumblings in the IDF to resume the campaign to finally achieve what was left undone in that war.

And as for the casualties, here's a Russian report for the figure at 74 confirmed on the 13th of Aug 2008:
en.rian.ru...
I will try to get the latest figures that tag it at 100.

Honestly, are you even Russian?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Daedalus, nice posts. I agree if the death toll is around 100, then it probably does seem to atributable to underperformance of the Russian Army. Considering of course as you've stated overwhelming advantages in Air, Sea and Land forces. If the Georgians had entrenched themselves in the SO towns and cities it would very much have resembled the 2 Russian Chechan campaigns and a large loss of life on both sides. Thankfully saner heads prevailed this time.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rogue1

Well, I'm not willing to relate the number to pure under performance per say. Not with the info we have at the time.
And that is why I was keen to find out the causes .. artillery, hand held weapons fire, armored weapons fire (rockets, mounted guns etc )

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join