It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War between Russia and Georgia!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
ATSNN Link to Story

ekk.... war between Russia and Georgia is it?
Sounds like it could turn nasty, i wonder if we're about to see a new Chechnya

Anyone got any information about the Georgian Military?

Can Georgia put up a good fight against the Russia War Machine?

Any opinions on whether the west will interfer

[edit on 25-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 25-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
got some info on the Georgian Military:

Airforce - Plane Type/Number - You might have to scroll down to find it

Georgia Train and Equip program (GTEP)

General Info on Georgian Military - Number of Troops etc

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Georgian military is like many other CIS nations that inherited their share of the Soviet Unions military equipment after the collapse of the USSR. Their military has access to some really nice Soviet gear but the problem of course is due to a lack of funding and/or maintenance this stuff isn't going to be as effective as it should.

It really depends on what type of conflict it will be against Russia. If its a full, open military conflict against the Russian Federation they haven't got a chance in hell.

Will the west interfere? well as we all know Georgia has had increasing cooperation with the west in the past decade but she is still well within Russia's sphere of influence. If there is a war between Georgia and Russia they aren't going to do a damn thing about it, it will be considered Russia's business and sure are not going to risk a war over it.

The US under the current administration won't interfere either as it can be argued that Russia is an important ally in the war against terrorism as seen by their actions in Chechnya and also by the recent hijackings that have taken place will only make US-Russian relations closer.

Finally i would just like to say that the West, particularly Europe hasn't got the means at the moment to fight a conventional war against a nation like Russia. The Russians have a lot of planes, tanks and a lot of nukes. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
europe has a lot of good tanks too,well trained troops and an OK airforce but not many nukes.

The EU would probably get crushed tough lol,and no one would save us this time

I can't seriously imagine a war in between the EU and russia,tough

[edit on 25-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, you're talking about the EU? The EU will never go to war. If there would be conflict it would be NATO vs. Russia and that is highly unlikely. At least i hope so.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerb
Well, you're talking about the EU? The EU will never go to war. If there would be conflict it would be NATO vs. Russia and that is highly unlikely. At least i hope so.

Since Gergia is not in NATO, it would be really damn hard to get NATO invloved, after the bad taste in the mouth the US adventure in Iraq left.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think Georgia could put up a good fight for its size but if Russia wanted it they would get it. I dont think Georgia would ever use nukes in this conflict it seems some of the people of Georgia would welcome a return to Russia.

''The Georgian president compared relations between Russia and Georgia to a married couple in a divorce''

I wonder who got the wedding china

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
georgia? against russia? CHANCE? ahahahahahaha
, they already got their asses handed to them once, now they are being screwed over again

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think Georgia could put up a good fight for its size

ahaha their soldiers are morons, they already lost how many? 30+? compared to "few" ossetian civilians
, they have 0% chance, as they will be crushed by abkhazia etc...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hocico

ahaha their soldiers are morons, they already lost how many? 30+? compared to "few" ossetian civilians

The could put up a real good fight and nuke Moscow off the map in like 10 minutes thats a pretty good fight. You dont have to be too smart to push a button.

I dont think they will do it but who knows when your back is too the wall and you have nukes.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The could put up a real good fight and nuke Moscow off the map in like 10 minutes thats a pretty good fight. You dont have to be too smart to push a button.

I dont think they will do it but who knows when your back is too the wall and you have nukes.

gerorgia.. nukes..
, what drugs are you using good sir?, georgians are untrained idiots, they already got screwed, they got no tech nothing, russia cut off their electricity they even have to steal oil from captured trucks and cars to get their pathetic little pseudo army going

Edit: do not talk about things you dont know anything about, here is a picture of a kitten for you:

www.libo.ru...

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Hocico]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
even if these gorillas have any "nukes" they would be long time ago unusable and part of gorillia would of been radiated
, they dont have any means of launching it too
, just few crappy outdated tanks, few helis and apcs.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

gerorgia.. nukes..
, what drugs are you using good sir?, georgians are untrained idiots, they already got screwed, they got no tech nothing, russia cut off their electricity they even have to steal oil from captured trucks and cars to get their pathetic little pseudo army going

Edit: do not talk about things you dont know anything about, here is a picture of a kitten for you:

www.libo.ru...

''The department's Cooperative Threat Reduction "Nunn-Lugar" program is a key component of our nuclear arms control and nonproliferation strategy. Through the CTR program, the U.S. is providing assistance in the form of equipment, services and technical advice to Russia, Belarus,Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.''

I guess they want them to dismantle candy making machines over in Georgia as part of the nuclear arms control.

You should stop talking about things you dont know about. They got stockpiles after the fall of the USSR

www.dod.gov...

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Hocico]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You should stop talking about things you dont know about. They got stockpiles after the fall of the USSR

they dotn have #, your article is outdated even ukraine destroyed all of their nuclear weapons years ago, the article : Senate Armed Services Committee, March 31, 1998

even if they have nuclear material its useless, they cannot do anything with it but contaminate themselves
, they dont have anything but goats

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You dont think they keep more then a few nukes? Lets dismantle the only weapon that protects us from larger and much stronger countries. And happens to be worth about 200 million on the black market

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You dont think they keep more then a few nukes? Lets dismantle the only weapon that protects us from larger and much stronger countries. And happens to be worth about 200 million on the black market

even if they have some leftovers which they dont since it can be detected by satellite, they would already be deteriorated and useless, they dont even have enough electricity to power their cities now for f sake
, bunch of goat herders

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Im just saying never under estimate anyone even so called goat herders. You might be surprised what they have keep in working order.

Heres a article from 2003 that still considers Georgia as a Proliferation Threat. Its hard to be a Proliferation Threat if you dont have any nuclear weapons

Making the bomb is not the hard part if you have the nuclear material

www.nti.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think Hocico seems to forget Chechnya, the mighty russian army got it's ass kicked there

And Hocico you seem to think the Georgian soldiers will fight on Russia's terms, I think not. They'll fight a guarilla war, which neither America or Russia is any good at fighting

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I think Hocico seems to forget Chechnya, the mighty russian army got it's ass kicked there

And Hocico you seem to think the Georgian soldiers will fight on Russia's terms, I think not. They'll fight a guarilla war, which neither America or Russia is any good at fighting

georgia is surrounded by escaped regions.. abkhazia ossetia.. they also know how to fight guerilla war, and threatened to attack gorillia and help ossetians

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

if you don't know anything about this country and this conflict just ask somebody and don't say so stupid things because the only thing we can laugh at is you.

georgian troops defeated ossetian militia and took all hills over the ossetian capital.

the numbers that you heard were georgian casualties - because ossetian side didn't say anything about their casualties.but if geogian troops wiped them out from the hills their had to lost many defenders.

next time read and learn something about things you want to talk about.

russian defense minister Ivanov officialy stated that russia now is not prepared to get in any second conventional war (chechenya is enough for them).These are words of russian defense minister!!!!if russian troops invade georgia georgia would fall but all the region will be on fire.russians lost about 25000 soldiers in chechenya (numbers from "mothers of soldiers" organization).another 50 K were wounded.Russians are not idiots to put fire in all region.They will be in serious troubles if they do that.Thousands more troops,hundreds od tanks..And many,many killed..

and to rest of you: this is the best source about this conflict.much more better then short articles from CNN and world press
)

www.civil.ge...

and here we have some info about georgian military forces

www.cdi.org...

[edit on 25-8-2004 by gattaca]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join