It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all. Professional Visual FX supervisor and Artist Here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I've been lurking on this site for many years. I don't really think there's one category on this site I haven't had an interest in. I've always been open minded and not blinded by the false light the PTB have been shining as long as they've had batteries.

Anyway, as I said in the title, I'm a professional Visual FX supervisor and artist. Yes, that means that if I wanted to create ANY type of UFO sighting vid/pic I could do it realistically. With that comes my opinion that video and image "evidence" is no longer or should no longer be considered valid. That sounds crazy right? Well, if people like me can easily create a CG sighting or photo with no visible traces of CG, then any video or picture, no matter how detailed could easily be a fake. I know it's fun to look at and post vids and pics but if we're really trying to gather and observe hard evidence on the existence of ETL then I'm sorry but videos and pictures no longer hold weight.

This is proven by the fact that people are constantly demanding HD footage and clear photos. When HD video and clear photos are submitted, people don't believe it's real, saying it's CG because it's TOO clear or unbelieveable. Hell, if the Gov came out and told people THEY had a damn alien living in the white house, he came out and gave and address to the nation, and levitated...a large majority of people around the world would still think it wasn't real or trickery.

At this point in time, the sad truth is... The only real belief is going to come from a personal encounter whether it's a sighting or abduction. NOTHING else will do. I wanted to believe forever but it wasn't until I had my own sightings that I really started observing and trying to understand the evidence rather than looking for CG and tricks. The thing is, once you've experienced something personally, you'll look at evidence a lot differently.

Now that's out of the way...

I'm 31, married, and have a 10yo girl. As well as an artist I'm also a writer, currently in talks with a certain network about a Scifi Tv series I've created. I'm smart, determined and prefer to have fewer close friends than a ton of acquaintances. I'd be considered a geek because of all my interests. I love life but hate the game of it.

Thanks to all who read all this. heh
edit on 19-9-2011 by conjurefx because: improper wording

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by conjurefx

Welcome, and yea you!

Is it too much to ask you to create a sample UFO vid?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Welcome to the site, enjoy the boards.
I will tell you this; take it for what it's worth. . .
When you come here as an expert in ANYTHING be prepared to prove/defend your assertions.

Just thought I'd warn ya'

Cheers,
beez

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Is it too much to ask you to create a sample UFO vid?

Welcome... and I second that. A few of us would like to see what you're capable of. I do agree with you that video and photographic evidence is becoming less and less reliable. There isn't anything that can't be duplicated with CG and a little time up your sleeve.

IRM

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
welcome aboard, good to have your expertise around here

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Welcome

We have a lot of people come with big claims....so the proof is in the pudding really.
Im quietly pessimistic

Your not IanScientist by any chance lol??

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Okay your in....
now get to work photoshopping photos of me with Megan Fox sitting on my lap...

welcome aboard and yeah we had to add a new no biting policy, just so you know

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Welcome to our world.
Any chance you could give us an idea of what your tv show is about without giving the game away compleatly.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for the welcome. As far as my expertise go, proving what I do for a living doesn't really have any bearing on anything. I didn't say I was a high level General working on black projects. I'm just a professional VFX artist as there are many.

I will never create a fake ET or UFO event. Never. It goes against everything I believe about the subject. There are plenty of fakers out there.

Another reason is this is what I do for a living. Time is money and I'm not going to spend a few weeks designing, shooting, creating and rendering a fake video to prove I can. VFX in entertainment prove it all.

I'm not here to knock down others videos or create fake ones. I'm just like everyone else out there wanting more answers.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Hiya conjurefx

Welcome aboard ATS!
As others have said, it would be nice to see you put something together for us. Not that I doubt you can, it's just nice to see what our many talented users here are capable of doing.

oh, and thanks for the laugh

I'm 31, married with a 10yo girl.

Yes, I know what you meant, but it made me chuckle. And yes, I'm of those members who likes to lighten the mood.

BTW - You related to SaturnFX by any chance?? LOL!!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Well, I might do a personal project someday for ATS but honestly I work probably 60 hrs a week so the time factor is the main problem. It might be fun to do a joint project with someone people on ATS with similar skills.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is the nature of priori vs posteriori knowledge when dealing with a reality that everything that exists within it experiences reality subjectively. For the subjective observer who experiences something like a first-encounter then they have posteriori knowledge (experience) that Aliens exist, and probably don't need to "believe" where as a skeptic who never had the encounter would be doubtful.

I am very open minded about the reality of extraterrestrial life based on archeological evidence that suggests humans have been aware of such phenomena since the written record. Suffice to say lots of modern day events also seem to suggest this is so, but this is all priori knowledge since I have not had a first-encounter, or see a craft that really convinced me of otherworldy origins.

My other interests are also art, animation, lucid dreaming, precognitive dreaming and shared dreaming as I have lots of personal experience with these areas.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Welcome, conjurefx! I am sure You will find the community here interesting and mostly supportive.

Also... If You know of any job openings... (See My thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

Glad to have You on board!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ok.

Have fun on the site.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey welcome to the madness. I have a friend in the business too several movies and beer comercials strange mix but making a living and has good connections. He works in stop motion and CGI among his favorites

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

True. If you know, you don't have to believe. And yes, our history seems full of evidence regarding ETs.

I guess I was trying to say that even someone who really really wants to believe but hasn't had their own experience can't help but subconsciously try to debunk what other people share or see. Idk why but it just happens. I know because I was that way unintentionally.

I think as a species our minds have evolved in a way that makes us prone to negative thoughts and distrust. It's not surprising being that we live in a world where none of our top scientists can seem to agree on facts anymore. one side says this the other says that. The general population is so confused now, FACTS seem to be relative now which is...scary. That's why politicians can say whatever they want and people don't really seem to care what's real and whats not.

top topics

join