It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Palestine This September (It's Only fair)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We know that America will veto at the United Nations next week, and we know the rest of the world
Will hate her for it.

Can we open this thread up to the public and see just who supports the Israeli's. I for one do not.
The present position is nothing short of Nazi politics dressed up to look gentlemanly.

It's about time The world had a voice, so add yours to this thread.

Yes I am in favour of the Palestinians and (your country of origin).
No I am in favour of Israel. (your country of origin).

Let’s get started.

I am in favour of the Palestinian state to be recognised. (UK)

edit on 19-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Thing I don't understand is how beeing for a palestinian state equals beeing anti-israel.

For decades, the aim of these negociations were supposedly to go towards the creation of a palestinian state.
Obviously they have failed, and what i see coming from Israel is threats instead of propositions.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

i support it
anyone find it funny that one single nation can stop it from happening?
its a joke really
keep on veto'n america your time will come
edit on 19-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Meh what happen to the world police (USA) dont they give freedom to people who need it? or is that aslong as they have something to gain they will free a country.

and didnt obama say hes was for a 2 state bid? :X

I support a 2 state bid, i mean your not free if another country controlls your airspace,water and country

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I find it pretty damn hypocritical that Israel doesn't want the UN to vote Palistine into statehood.

How did the Israeli's get their statehood? Oh yeah, they were awarded it by none other than the UN who stole the land from the palistinians in the first place and awarded it to the Jews because the Germans had tried to exterminate them. [sarcasm]makes perfect sense to steal land from someone who had nothing to do with the holocaust in order to right that wrong, at least to the UN it does, I guess.[/sarcasm]

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I hope the UN gives them their statehood and awards them most of Israel's land in the bargain in order to balance the scales of justice.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Im confused didnt Obama want Palestine to become "state"?? Thats why he was urging Israel to sign the peace treaty... by this month. It will be 7yrs of false peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Palestine should be recognized. Unfortunately, that one veto from my country will not allow that to happen. No doubt they will be awarded permanent observer status in the general assembly. And the US and Israel will be the pariahs of the world.

Friday will be a bloody day I'm afraid and there is no amount of public outcry that can change the minds of the powers that be. Let all that angst and bloodshed be on their hands.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am a sephardic jew, born and raised in Toronto, and I support a Palestinian state. BTW, so do the overwhelming majority of Israelis, and members of the Knesset.

The problem is, if Palestine is granted statehood, then what?

There are divided factions within the Palestinian camp regarding proposed borders. Hamas is the elected governing body of Gaza, and it has openly opposed the PLO bid to the UN because it recognizes the right of Israel to exist based on 1967 borders. The Hamas charter states that Israel does not have the right to exist, period.

Hypothetically, if Palestine is granted statehood by the UN, and the PLO and Israel subsequently came to terms on a peace agreement based on 1967 borders, there would still be significant factions within Gaza and the West Bank that would be opposed, and violence would inevitably ensue as a result.

Unless the Palestinians are predominantly unified, and represented by a legitimate governing body that is willing to negotiate in good faith and respresents the voice of the people, there will never be everlasting peace in the region.

Remember, the last time Israel was represented by a left wing government and conceded occupied land by forcefully removing thousands of Israeli settlers, Palestinian militants used the land that was given back to them as a launching pad for rockets against innocent Israeli citizens.

The situation is far more complex than many people care to recognize.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
the palestinians symbolize resistance in all it's forms.

if anyone ever needed a clear view of the intentions of the American/Israeli cabal, this is it.

on one hand, they are willing and able to lend a hand to say...LIBYA, because it is in their interests.
it's not lending a hand, it's taking what you want, when you want it.

the creation of the state of Israel was a strategic placement of human resources for conquest.

hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
I am a sephardic jew, born and raised in Toronto, and I support a Palestinian state. BTW, so do the overwhelming majority of Israelis, and members of the Knesset.

The problem is, if Palestine is granted statehood, then what?

There are divided factions within the Palestinian camp regarding proposed borders. Hamas is the elected governing body of Gaza, and it has openly opposed the PLO bid to the UN because it recognizes the right of Israel to exist based on 1967 borders. The Hamas charter states that Israel does not have the right to exist, period.

Hypothetically, if Palestine is granted statehood by the UN, and the PLO and Israel subsequently came to terms on a peace agreement based on 1967 borders, there would still be significant factions within Gaza and the West Bank that would be opposed, and violence would inevitably ensue as a result.

Unless the Palestinians are predominantly unified, and represented by a legitimate governing body that is willing to negotiate in good faith and respresents the voice of the people, there will never be everlasting peace in the region.

Remember, the last time Israel was represented by a left wing government and conceded occupied land by forcefully removing thousands of Israeli settlers, Palestinian militants used the land that was given back to them as a launching pad for rockets against innocent Israeli citizens.

The situation is far more complex than many people care to recognize.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

I hear what your saying , but regardless of the outcome The Palestinian State should be recognized.
If violence erupts within it's borders then so be it.
They can always call the United Nations peacekeeping in.

It is not up to Israel to prejudge the outcome.
edit on 19-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Neither the US, nor Israel can stop it from happening, as long as there are enough members in the UN general assembly voting for it.

The US is putting immense pressure on states who decided to vote for it. IMO this is criminal and disrespectful, but it is nothing that we haven't seen before. I hope both the US and Israel as well as Germany and others will fail miserably.
edit on 19-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

The Hamas charter states that Israel does not have the right to exist, period.

Israel is saying this right now : "Palestinians don't have the right to exist"

You said that you support a Palestinian state. But you claim that it is for no good if there will be a Palestinian state ?

Unless the Palestinians are predominantly unified

Is there any proof that they are not unified against Israel ?

I don't think so.
I think that we should give them the time to unite.

I know that Israel citizens are innocent and they haven't forced Palestinians out of their homes.

Respectfully ,there is no way that you want an independent Palestine. You just want there for Zionists.

reply to post by rigel4

I think that Palestine should be Independent as soon as possible.
edit on 19/9/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There already *is* a Palestinean State.

It's called "Jordan".
Read your history! :p

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Weh...what?

You want the Palestinian portion of the pre-1967 borders to be merged with Jordan?
....weird. Why?

Also, for those of you who follow the BBC, Globescan did a poll to find the percentages backing the recognition of a Palestinian state
www.globescan.com...

And the information in an easy-to-read image:

It is unfortunate they didn't include Israel in the poll as well, but I get the feeling that most of the Israeli population would also back recognition for a Palestinian state, as do the populations of most other countries- i.e. more people support it than are against it.
edit on 20-9-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Not giving them a statehood status will only serve to prolong this ancient Middle East problem, and obviously the Palestinians know this and are fed up waiting for a peace that they will never achieve by talking to Israel. I think a state recognition is way overdue.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
be careful of what you wish for, comes to mind.

no way in hell are they ready to run a state.

good luck, pali!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
as well as good luck world...giving them a state will allow israel to officially declare war on them and..well world war three wont be far behind...the palestinians have not shown they are responsible to be GIVEN a state and they dont have enough organization or integrity to WIN A STATE MILITARILY this is why this will never work...it not they should never have their own state its that under these conditions it could only lead to bad things
ive said it many times and ill keep saying it...they are throwing a temper tantrum and the world is taking it as freedome fighting..this is not fighting...this is whining

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is honestly nauseating.

Lies told over and over again can actually make someone feel physically sick; as i feel that way right now.

What the # do you mean "this time"???

Do you know anything abut history?? Were the Arabs not offerred a state in 48?? Did they accept it or reject it!!!! THey ATTACKED, PREMPTIVELY, the nascent Jewish state.

And now people 65 years later are saying its "only fair"

this is pure and total evil.

Ad BTW - the "palestinians" are BOTH JEWS and Arabs. Palestine was just a region. NOT A PEOPLE!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned, back in the day when Israel started the 6-day war they were completely justified and everyone got what they deserved.

Where the problem is they did not finish the job, had they done what they should have done this would not be an issue now. This is what happens when one starts something but does not finish it. Now, time has become the enemy in that most people do not recall the true details and media over the years have rewritten history to support others end game.

I support Israel 100%.

Palestine does not get my vote.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join