It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Object Changing Shape and Separating into Two Objects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
you have made a very good thread.. very informative and well presented, i applaud you for that.. but im a little confused why it is in the ufo forum? you have also answered the question yourself with good research and solid sources to back it up.. it also seems you are quite a rational person and i get the impression you never considered it to be ufo in the first place, this element of thread confused me slightly.. (maybe i missed something)

as i said before good thread.. well done..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Golden Knights maybe?

Peace
edit on 19-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

well the post took place over 3-4 hours.. and at first it was truly unidentified. and at the end, I was still wrong with what I thought it was. it seemed unusual in that I have never witnessed a balloon pop and then another object apparently float away from it. it was strange - if you want it moved, then move it. it might not even have a place on this site... but it seemed unworldly to me

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Weather balloon. The "separation" is the sun shining off the instrument package dangling underneath.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
First of all I would like to say good job on the presentation of your evidence and information. It was impeccable, especially considering your videos were concise and to the point. Also, the zoomed views were great, and much better than they would have been with traditional camera zoom, so despite your "rig" it turned out really well.

I think you are spot-on with the balloon conclusion, as that was my first guess. I watched the videos before I read your entire post, and what I assumed was the part of the experiment that continued to float upward did so because it was designed to operate at a higher altitude...My initial thought was also that it was just another balloon attached to the main balloon.

I also congratulate you on your analysis, and the fact that you cross-referenced the balloon launches. I wish all threads on this site were as comprehensive as this one you have created. So basically I just wanted to say that your guess was the same as mine, and I believe that you have answered your own question regarding the second stage of the experiment, but we both could be wrong. So thanks for posting, and again, good job.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I saw something that looked just like that , when i was at band practice it looked Crazy Awesome and spooky ... At first it thought it was just glare cause it was heading straight towards sundown ... It was So bright and stunning in the sky almost like what people would call an "angel" ...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i have been seeing ufos all over vegas lately ive seen around 3 or 4 in the past month

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

Looks like a planet but it isnt venus, the video looks very interesting thanks for posting it.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Your cat looks like an owl.

second line.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

ok question. Is the UFO stationary? If I understand the process correctly the hand is wiggling and the UFO could be wiggling but the back ground is stationary. Does the stabilized UFO thing reverse the wiggling and stationary roles? Is the UFO actually stationary?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
This thread is a model for the proper way to post about a personal UFO sighting. You provided date, time, location and an explanation as to how you took the videos. You also did a great deal of background research yourself, rather than just post a shaky video of a light in the sky and ask "what is this?" Bravo! I suspect that your hunch that it was a balloon from the Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility is correct. Here is a link to the most probable candidate, COFE LUBIN Flight # 623N:

The time appears to be in UT.

Again, great post!

I have to emphasize this because this thread IS a model of how reports or threads in general should be made. No hocus pocus, no guessing, just mere presentation and a well made presentation indeed. It doesn't matter if it turns out to be a NASA project, it's the idea of taking ones time and staying objective during the write out.

Thank you for a long awaited lift of standards in the ufo section...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yawn... it's the Golden Knights guys not an extraterrestrial.

edit on 20-9-2011 by hardee2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
They come for other erasons but they all go UFOy in the end. get out while you can, it will drive you mad.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The reason balloons pop (as i'm sure you know, but others might not) is the gas inside it is expanded the higher it goes into the atmosphere, the more rarefied or dense the air and pressure is, and basically the gas expands beyond the stretch limit of the balloon and it pops.

There IS a way around the problem...to put LESS gas into the balloon, so when it expands, there will be less gas = less expansion = higher altitude before the balloon pops...right? But the problem is then one of if there is so little gas in the balloon to begin with, it will not have the lifting capacity to actually rise....the solution is quite elegant in it's simplicity really...have TWO balloons.

The initial lift off, carrying balloon, filled to maximum lifting capacity, have the second, (deflated) balloon and gas stowed as cargo.

Once the lifting balloon nears or reaches it's maximum ceiling height, the second balloon is jettisoned or released, either by remote command, or by automated altimeter means, and gassed only minimally.

The low pressure at it's altitude (~ 20 miles) will expand a small amount of gas, but not so much that it will explode the second balloon like the first one, since the second would be only need to be filled (from a small canister) to a much lesser degree, and so can travel much higher than the first.

This might be what we're seeing in your videos.

I recall there were / are plans that involve using high altitude balloons (BIG / multiple balloons) as a first stage lift in space craft designs, this may be a method being tested of delivering a payload, such as a micro satellite into low Earth orbit.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It could have been something similar to this...

The Register (a UK online newspaper for geeks) is building LOHAN (Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator) otherwise known as Vulture 2, following their successful PARIS (Paper Aircraft Released Into Space) or Vulture 1 project, so it could be someone mucking around with a similar idea. Yup, the craft are always named after female celebrities of dubious merit.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
FAKE !!!

Anyone can see that this is no owl. It is quite obviously swamp gas.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
what is the point of light that moves from behind the light the owl is sat on in the first clip.
It is moving into frame from behind the lamp.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is the BEST presentation on a personal UFO story I have seen on here!

GREAT post!!!

No idea what you saw, but I have seen similar things where I live in FL. I am located close to airports, military base and the space center so who knows but a couple things I have seen were not easily explained and were very late at night.

S&F!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
okay, op this may be a little weird but this all looks really familiar to me. I know it may sound a little out of the box for you, but here goes. About a week ago, I had a dream about a " Star. " In this dream I was woken up by someone else who I associated as a family member, I then went outside for a cigarette, but when I pulled out my smokes the were players light and I smoke Du Maurie. So I was confused, anyways I left the building accompanied by someone else, and looked up to see a star. Which then separated into two pieces. Okay, so my questions to you are do you smoke ? Players light ? Did you leave your residence from a sliding glass door ? Bedroom first door on the left, hallway leads into living room, you pass through dining room to sliding glass door exiting, outside to go observe the object ? If no, it was just a dream with no significance. If yes, holy man tin foil hat time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join