It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gettysburg, PA Ghost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Me too. I'll wager there are a lot of other people who have experiences, but do not post anything because they don't want the flack. Now I'm not saying 100% that my image is beyond a doubt a ghost. However, I BELIEVE that's what it is because I can find no other explanation for it. If there is, then I'll accept it, but it has to be proven to be the case, not conjecture. I'm hoping to get to go back and do a ghost hunt and see if I can come up with anything else. For anyone who is an image expert, you can tell from the image info that it was not modified, so that rules out any manipulation.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
While I'm not trying to question your sincerity the fact that your first picture has been rotated & resized means that whichever software you used has stripped some of the exif info, this makes it impossible to compare the time difference between them. Can you please upload an unedited version of the first picture direct from your phone?
Not only will this put the time difference beyond doubt it should also keep the 'obvious Photoshop job' speculation down to a minimum.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Microwaved

Sorry, forgot that the first image was one I uploaded from my phone to FB and I downloaded it. Here is the link to the original from my phone.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

No worries, it was just such an obvious flaw in your process I had to point it out. As for the exif info itself, here you go:

Image URL: www.pixelbliss.com...

EXIF — this group of metadata is encoded in 43,142 bytes (42.1k)
Make Motorola
Camera Model Name DROID2 GLOBAL 22f40021ffd800000a3aa36c1201d016
Orientation Rotate 90 CW
Software 2.2
Modify Date 2011:09:17 02:26:48
2 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes, 43 seconds ago
Y Cb Cr Positioning Centered
Exposure Time 1/15
F Number 2.8
Exposure Program Program AE
ISO 794
Exif Version 0220
Date/Time Original 2011:09:17 02:26:48
Create Date 2011:09:17 02:26:48
Components Configuration Cb, Y, Cr, Y
Compressed Bits Per Pixel 4
Shutter Speed Value 1/15
Aperture Value 2.8
Brightness Value -3.91796875
Exif Image Size 2,592 × 1,456
Exposure Compensation 0
Max Aperture Value 2.8
Subject Distance 0 m
Metering Mode Center-weighted average
Light Source Other
Flash Auto, Fired, Return detected
Focal Length 4.0 mm
User Comment
Flashpix Version 0100
Color Space sRGB
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
Flash Energy 100
Exposure Index 794
Sensing Method One-chip color area
File Source Digital Camera
Scene Type Directly photographed
Custom Rendered Custom
Exposure Mode Auto
White Balance Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio 0
Focal Length In 35mm Format 30 mm
Scene Capture Type Standard
Gain Control High gain up
Contrast Normal
Saturation Normal
Sharpness Normal
Subject Distance Range Unknown
Image Unique ID
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Resolution 300 pixels/inch
Thumbnail Length 40,996

Image URL: www.pixelbliss.com...

EXIF — this group of metadata is encoded in 40,621 bytes (39.7k)
Make Motorola
Camera Model Name DROID2 GLOBAL 22f40021ffd800000a3aa36c1201d016
Orientation Rotate 90 CW
Software 2.2
Modify Date 2011:09:17 02:28:07
2 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes, 18 seconds ago
Y Cb Cr Positioning Centered
Exposure Time 1/15
F Number 2.8
Exposure Program Program AE
ISO 794
Exif Version 0220
Date/Time Original 2011:09:17 02:28:07
Create Date 2011:09:17 02:28:07
Components Configuration Cb, Y, Cr, Y
Compressed Bits Per Pixel 4
Shutter Speed Value 1/15
Aperture Value 2.8
Brightness Value -3.6484375
Exif Image Size 2,592 × 1,456
Exposure Compensation 0
Max Aperture Value 2.8
Subject Distance 0 m
Metering Mode Center-weighted average
Light Source Other
Flash Auto, Fired, Return detected
Focal Length 4.0 mm
User Comment
Flashpix Version 0100
Color Space sRGB
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
Flash Energy 100
Exposure Index 794
Sensing Method One-chip color area
File Source Digital Camera
Scene Type Directly photographed
Custom Rendered Custom
Exposure Mode Auto
White Balance Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio 0
Focal Length In 35mm Format 30 mm
Scene Capture Type Standard
Gain Control High gain up
Contrast Normal
Saturation Normal
Sharpness Normal
Subject Distance Range Unknown
Image Unique ID
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Resolution 300 pixels/inch
Thumbnail Length 38,475

Confirmation that both pictures were taken with the same camera, from very close to the same angle two minutes apart. I'm undecided as to what to conclude from that but it does rule out a number of rational explanations...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Microwaved

yeah the pictures would have been a lot closer in time, but the guide wanted to see it. After he looked at it I decided it would be a good idea to take the second one. Figured either I would get another, or if nothing else to show the camera had no flaws with it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I love going on the ghost tours in Gettysburg when relatives visit. (We're in Fairfield, about 9 miles up the road.) Took my sister to the tour of the old orphanage in Gettysburg. I'm a most skeptical person, but my sister and I both heard footsteps above our head when we were in the basement - and no one around upstairs at the time.

I'll have to dig up a photo I took in the Jenny Wade house. I'm still trying to explain what went on with that one.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hopefully I'm doing this correctly from Photobucket.

The first picture is the unedited photo I took in the Jenny Wade house. When we went in, I just wanted to take pictures of the mirrors for some reason - so I photographed every mirror & window I saw. First thing my sister and I checked was to make sure that no one on the tour was wearing a color anything like that orange-yellow that reflects in the second mirror.

i8.photobucket.com...

This is zoomed in and notated as I sent it to the tour company - never heard a response though.

i8.photobucket.com...

Still trying to explain it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Hi there neighbor, there sure are a lot of us south central PA people on here.

That was interesting about hearing the footsteps above your head, you're sure no one else was there? I'm generally the sceptical one on these kinds of outings too. I still like to go sometimes, I don't know why, I just think its fun. I went to a supposedly haunted house recently with my son and a friend of his and there were people in the group we were with claiming to see and hear all kinds of things. I think most people just get psyched up and make themselves see/hear stuff. Of course, a pic is a different story.

The photos above are interesting also. I don't know what that could be.
edit on 9/19/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

The group had been on the ground floor first. When everyone went downstairs, we were the last to follow since I was herding kids. When I took a last sweep around, we were the last ones down. We were near the stairs, so we should have heard the bells on the door if anyone came in after. Sister headed back up the stairs and saw no one. It was pretty strange, but it didn't sound like settling building noise. Both of us heard it and each turned to the other to ask "did you hear that?", so not feeding off each other - it was simultaneous. I'm still curious.

Photos? No one wearing that color - we checked. No wall hangings, curtains, wallpaper in that weird color either. I thought maybe a flash from a camera, but the colors don't seem to support that.

Ah, anyway, I love living near Gettysburg. So historical, and sometimes hysterical.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Mountainmeg because: ETA

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I started a new thread trying to get some people together to do a ghost hunt. For those interested, here's the link:

Gettysburg Ghost Hunt

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Yeah, I know what footsteps overhead sound like. I grew up in a haunted house and every night I'd sit in the TV room watching old episodes of 'Rockford Files' and listening to the footsteps walking around and around in my bedroom overhead until I would have to leave and drive to the shopping center in town and wait for the sun to come up so I could go home. There was no one living who could have been up there walking around, my brother who slept upstairs with me, was away at college, and my mom and dad slept downstairs. I know the difference between footsteps and rats too. I heard footsteps walk right up to my bed while I was in it and no one was there. Lots of other creepy stuff happened while I was actually up there, but I've discussed that before on here and won't get into it again.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

My wife and I took the Jenny Wade house tour. While on the second floor, we were directed to a small white chair which mediums say is always occupied by a gentlemen. When the tour started to clear that area, I smelled old tobacco. My wife and another guy standing there smelled it too (my wife is a COMPLETE sceptic). She said it was coming off the curtains but no one has lived in the house for like 130 years... I smelled the curtain and it was clean. No smell. We were fascinated by the occurrence and as quick as it came, the smell was gone. Pretty cool really. No other events that evening.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join