It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being haunted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi, new member here and I need some advice or explanations for some weird occurrences that have happened to me.

We moved into my current house about 5 years ago and I have experienced some strange things while living here.

My title may be a little misleading as I wouldn't go as far as to say that I am being haunted per se, but still some stuff occurs here that isn't really explainable. These incidents don't happen daily, but happen enough for me to have taken notice. Here are some of the weird things I can think of:

Certain objects have a habit of being moving or falling down for no apparent reason. For example, the bathroom is located down the hall from my bedroom. So I can easily hear if anyone is in there or what they are doing... But sometimes shampoo bottles etc will suddenly crash to the floor for no reason in the middle of the night. Every time this occurs I check if someone is in the bathroom but no one ever is!

Another example would be that the speakers of my computer just fall off the table when no one is even on it (the computer) or near it! Now if this just happened once or twice I could attribute it to maybe the vibrations of people moving around the house? But this has happened often enough and at strange enough times for that theory to be pretty much ruled out. What the heck is going on here?

Also, certain area's of the house can become VERY cold, most notably my bedroom. There are certain 'cold spots' in the house (one right by the computer). But, my bedroom is the most serious one. We are talking really cold here folks! Like I have to put extra blankets and even wear a beanie sometimes because it is so cold. There is no problem with the house; it's totally insulated... So I am utterly confused here. I have read that the cold is associated with ghost's etc?

Another would be that outside there are sometimes certain 'noises'. Like loud bangs (similar to someone jumping on a wooden deck or planks). Which are totally random and only really occur when I am up watching TV at night when the other members of the house are asleep.

But the most serious incidents have happened in my bedroom. When I have been lying in bed trying to get to sleep (or listen to the radio) I have felt someone stroking or touching the top of my head. Now this isn't violent or anything. It's gentle... Like a mother would touch a child or when my girlfriend and I err... 'cuddle'
. I have also heard on a couple of occasions my name being said in a low whisper.

This isn't the first time weird stuff has happened in my bedroom. When I was a young child I was in the first level of my house by myself. When I would go to sleep there would be a loud ticking (like a clock) which I could hear. No matter where I looked I couldn�t find where it was coming from. Weird...

Anyway, I have rambled on way too much. I am just wondering if anyone here could give me some advice or explanations on what�s happening here? Or solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
just close your windows ,but it can happen to those who have done the wrong thing or wronghing been done to them.

Skeptisism is only a part of the mind

Regards Mr reality

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I also have ghosts in my house the best way to see them is to purchase a digital camera and try taking pictures when these strange things happen. They appear in my pics as orbs or a mist. Try taking pics in the rooms that are cold. it is very interesting to see them when they appear in your photos.My ghosts are friendly and watch over my kids and they have followed me when I moved into my new home.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Sounds like there is something going on there!

What I suggest is that you start to write down every event that happens, So you can see if there is any pattern to the events,

Also what kind of feeling do you get from the house i.e. good or bad?

Also you may want to try and look up the history of the house and the land where its based upon, there may be some clues within that info,
Start at your local library

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
my advice. if your really concerned about a certain room like your bedroom then get rid of all mirrors in your room. ive heard somewhere that mirrors act as portals from our world to... well... some other world. i dunno. i wouldnt go as far as excorcism cuz thats only if the spirit is evil. yours seems to be kinda nice.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys.
I will try the idea's you guys suggested.

Asala,

It's kinda hard to judge what feeling I get from the house since it is my home. But there is two areas that make me feel a lttle un-easy... And that is the backyard and under my bed (lol I sound like a 5yr old with the 'monster' under my bed deal).

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Intresting

It could just be things falling off ect

But

If it is a ghost maby it is tryng to contact you or get you to know its existance

It dosnt seem to be trying to scare you or spook you out but it does seem "if it is a ghost" that its making you reconise that all might not be what it seems

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Redz, how old are you?

Do you share the room with a younger sibling?

Is there a younger sibling in the house?

Do these things tend to happen when you (or a sibling) deep in thought, or emotional about something?

Sounds more like poltergeist activity, than a ghost...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
well from reading all these replys i would consider you to be lucky. as for whether its a ghost/polter/or maybe even a guardian angel(who knows)
have you tried to talk to it ???? sounds stupid i know but hey how many times have we all tried to communicate to someone and they just dont get what we are saying.. maybe this is there way of trying to get you to communicate to them.. anyways just a thought. i think i shut up now before you all whisk me away in a straight jacket....

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Gazrok,

I am 19 years old and have a younger brother who is 16. I don't share a room with him though.

I'm pretty sure that these things don't occur when I'm in deep thought (at least to the best of my recollection). The incidents seem pretty random except for the fact that they only seem to occur when I'm by myself at night.

I haven't talked to my brother about any of this stuff, so I really don't know if his actions have any link to what I have experienced.

What is the difference between a poltergiest and a ghost?

Crash and firstclassbabe,

You thoughts on communication with me could have some merit. Next time something strange happens I will try to talk to 'it'.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A poltergeist isn't actually an entity. It's the manifestation of latent telekinetic ability....usually from preteens, but it has been seen in teens as well. Your description of events has all the earmarks of a classic poltergeist case. I'd suggest a google on "poltergeist" for some perspective on it.

A ghost is an actual entity that has passed, but can somewhat manifest itself on this physical plane (usually just a manipulation of light and temperature, sometimes sound). Most ghosts cannot physically manipulate objects, but some more powerful entities have been known to do this... It is EXTREMELY rare though, and in most cases of this, there is a combo effect of the latent telekinetic ability of a child, AND an actual ghost, who is tapping into that power in order to affect the physical world. As I said, this is EXTREMELY rare, and is where you get the stories of malicious ghosts who harm others.

Granted, I don't know the full details of your case, but I'm pretty confident you'll find your answers in poltergeist research....

top topics

join