It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Proposes Partnership With Egypt...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Nothing turned up in a search, so I surmise that this is fairly new. Also, the thread title is from Drudge, as I'm sure many of you will notice a "misleading" title.. I am aware of the discrepancy, but left it for you all to make your own minds.

Also...Those who wish to spout anti-Israel rhetoric should just hit your back button and not comment, I already know where you stand, this thread is for those who support Israel.

ANKARA, Turkey — A newly assertive Turkey offered on Sunday a vision of a starkly realigned Middle East, where the country’s former allies in Syria and Israel fall into deeper isolation, and a burgeoning alliance with Egypt underpins a new order in a region roiled by revolt and revolution.

Source[ed itby]edit on 19-9-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I would seem the the middle east is already starting to grow cold. I'm not keen on the details of the dispute in question.. but from what I have heard turkey was well aware of the Israeli blockade, and tried to go through anyway. and also that most of what was found on the ship was armed men and weapons, not aid..

Aside from that, my only concern would be what kind of firepower Egypt brings to the table, and what the "interim Leaders" intents are.

With the nuclear deterrent and the Iron domes, ME countries would be crazy to try and destroy Israel. unless they are waiting on Iran's bomb

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
but from what I have heard turkey was well aware of the Israeli blockade, and tried to go through anyway. and also that most of what was found on the ship was armed men and weapons, not aid..

Source?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Is there a possibility that Pakistan's nukes get to ME theatre via Saudis.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

but from what I have heard turkey was well aware of the Israeli blockade, and tried to go through anyway. and also that most of what was found on the ship was armed men and weapons, not aid..

Source?

His uncle's friend's brother-in-law's cousin is a janitor at the Jerusalem Post and he overheard a conversation with a journalist and Sorcha Fail.

Moar power to Turkey. Go you crazy Turks.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Nothing turned up in a search, so I surmise that this is fairly new. Also, the thread title is from Drudge, as I'm sure many of you will notice a "misleading" title.. I am aware of the discrepancy, but left it for you all to make your own minds.

Also...Those who wish to spout anti-Israel rhetoric should just hit your back button and not comment, I already know where you stand, this thread is for those who support Israel.

ANKARA, Turkey — A newly assertive Turkey offered on Sunday a vision of a starkly realigned Middle East, where the country’s former allies in Syria and Israel fall into deeper isolation, and a burgeoning alliance with Egypt underpins a new order in a region roiled by revolt and revolution.

Source[ed itby]edit on 19-9-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

First of all a debate is related to more views than 1. Also this is a public Forum where people have the right to express their belifs wheter or not you agree with them.

Now to the point, it was not a Turkish fleet it was an International fleet. And when you have a nobel peace prize winner on the ships it's kind of funny that you state they found only armed persons. Are you trying to bring back the Mossad FAKE disinformation and propaganda? ANd by the way Egypt is down on it's knees at the moment, there is not much that they can do if a conflict breaks out. We'd all better hope a conflict between Israel and Turkey doesn't start since, it's fairly easy to deduce, that would spark WW3, the dizolvment of NATO and so on. The last thing we need is instigative threads.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is it within ATS T&C's to restrict threads to only those of a certain mindset ?

Talk about burying your head in the sand

Good luck

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

I feel this Turkey's alliance with Egypt is fiction unless a country like Saudi comes in. Egypt has no oil, and a fairly large population. Unless Turkey is looking for millions of soldiers, the alliance makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Or a strategic staging area, or perhaps both.

2nd

new topics

top topics

active topics

join