It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Farm eviction: live

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

england gives homeless/jobless people a free place to stay.

the rent and housing tax is paid and they're given $100 a week

they are choosing to live like this!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by TheDemonUK

Originally posted by Flyer
The funny thing is they bought this land and tried to improve their conditions. Its just that they didnt have building permission for the housing.

The council want to turf them out but allow the pikeys to illegally camp and destroy other peoples land and dont do a thing.

Ive no doubt once they move on, they will set up camp on some poor farmers land and we will have an even worse situation.

Should be OK as there are no Bank Holidays coming up, as that is when they move into places. 4.01pm on a Friday before a bank holiday. The whole thing is summed up by the fact that their spokesman has had two spells inside for avoidance of duty that ran into the millions I think. If an activist/tree hugger gets hurt...tough.
I feel the same about bailifs, and the police. Tough crap if you get a slug to the face. You shouldn't be against people who actually want to try and make something of themselves. How can we as a society live with ourslves with this crap going on. And yes, I've lived near traveller sites before, and I'm about 3 miles way from 1 right now. Guess what?.....we have had NO trouble from them, and nor do the "normal" communities around them. It is peoples preconceived media manipulated notions of them, which sway cases like this. And that is nothing but inhumane.

You must be living true to your monicker...on drugs. I've got a couple around near me and yes there is the usual trouble with them and yes I have a normal life...you know get up go to work pay bills, pay tax, don't expect anything for free, but hey that must just be me...hang on no it's not it's the majority... T"#T

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
On the one hand they're illegally situated on greenbelt land. Local natives are sick of them and claim crime has gone up in the area. The other side of the story is they're living on a scrapyard and if they're removed from here with nowhere else to go, they'll have to illegally set up a camp somewhere else.

They are “travellers” who have decided to settle down permanently by building houses which have flouted the planning rules. They should be evicted and their houses bulldozed. If they want to live in a house then they should do what the rest of us do... Buy a house. If they want to self-build then they have to get planning permission.

These people are hiding behind “human rights” and citing “ethnic cleansing”, when in fact they are having a laugh. The laugh is on the UK tax payer and those who play by the rules.

Oh, and yes. We get travellers passing by along with the crime wave.

Regards

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The funny thing is they bought this land and tried to improve their conditions. Its just that they didnt have building permission for the housing.

The council want to turf them out but allow the pikeys to illegally camp and destroy other peoples land and dont do a thing.

Ive no doubt once they move on, they will set up camp on some poor farmers land and we will have an even worse situation.

Should be OK as there are no Bank Holidays coming up, as that is when they move into places. 4.01pm on a Friday before a bank holiday. The whole thing is summed up by the fact that their spokesman has had two spells inside for avoidance of duty that ran into the millions I think. If an activist/tree hugger gets hurt...tough.
I feel the same about bailifs, and the police. Tough crap if you get a slug to the face. You shouldn't be against people who actually want to try and make something of themselves. How can we as a society live with ourslves with this crap going on. And yes, I've lived near traveller sites before, and I'm about 3 miles way from 1 right now. Guess what?.....we have had NO trouble from them, and nor do the "normal" communities around them. It is peoples preconceived media manipulated notions of them, which sway cases like this. And that is nothing but inhumane.

Making something of yourself through dishonesty, deception and a general disrespect of anything non-traveller, is actually not making anything of yourself other than hated by those affected.
When you are shunned by every aaspect of the normal society, what else do you have left than the dregs? They've still got to live in todays world, which is run by greedy democrats who want your soul upon your death. If you don't fit in with the demographic, then you can just be moved on to.....somewhere else where you're not wanted, to be moved on to somewhere else where you're not wanted...and so on and so forth. Try, for 1 moment, to put yourself in their shoes. How do you think that'd make you feel? What, you're just going to go and get a respectable job in a bank? I don't think so. Get real, these people actuall want to live along side "normal" people. But they can't, becasue "normal" people are utter arseholes.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000

You must be living true to your monicker...on drugs. I've got a couple around near me and yes there is the usual trouble with them and yes I have a normal life...you know get up go to work pay bills, pay tax, don't expect anything for free, but hey that must just be me...hang on no it's not it's the majority... T"#T
Actually, I've not taken drugs in many years, my name is a music thing. But thank you for judging me on that, and that alone. Let's not bother with people who actually live alongside travellers, have friends who are travellrers and who think that they're just people who have a rough time of it, becasue of preconceived beliefs on them, by people who have never had anything to do with them. Mention travlellers, and arseholes come crawling out of the woodwork to demonise them, so why do you think they act the way they do?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by Thundersmurf

england gives homeless/jobless people a free place to stay.

the rent and housing tax is paid and they're given $100 a week

they are choosing to live like this!
How about they don;t want to live on handouts from a society that doesn't want them. How about they want the dignity of being self suficciant? Oh no, helping yourself to a lifestyle that everyone deserves MUSt be illegal if you don;t have some paperwork.People need to step out of the comfortable bubble they live in, and walk a mile in someone elses shoes before being so judgemental.
edit on 19/9/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

It is their land, they own it, apart from that, i agree with you. It seems that the EU are unhappy also with the uk government in this instance.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I have read through all those links and i still have no clue what is going on or why. Very bad reporting from all those sources. News agencies around my parts preface the story with the past history so a new timer can understand what is happening. I don't see that in any of those sources.

So.. someone please.. From the Beginning.. How did this start? What are the issues involved? How long has it been going on?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It's there in the OP, ten years.

10.50 A little bit of context about the goings on at Dale Farm: The planned evictions are the culmination of a decade long battle between the travellers and Basildon Council. The row centres on 51 illegal pitches that were built without planning permission and are home to 400 people. The Dale Farm controversy dates back to the 1970s when 40 English Romany families were granted permission to live on land next to a scrapyard. In 1996 a group if Irish travellers bought the land for £122,000 and the site began to expand dramatically. Basildon Council initially ignored planning breaches, but in 2005 voted to take action. After a series of legal challenges by the travellers Basildon Council were granted permission to begin the evictions. The travellers have argued they have nowhere to go but it has since emerged that many of those living at Dale Farm own substantial properties in the west of Ireland.

edit on 19-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ATSers are continuously are claiming all over this thread:

"Get a job, pay your taxes"

First of all, these "travelers" OWN their land! This means that they can do anything they damn well please as they have OWNERSHIP of said land!!!

How would you like some .gov A**hole going to YOUR house and telling you what to do or how to live?

Oh! I forgot, UK, NANNY STATE which runs your life & household thanks to the TAXES that you gladly pay to be bent over repeatedly...

I take it that you guys are just upset because these people are FREE (as most as they can be) and you are NOT...

PS. The bit about "get a job, pay your taxes" is nothing more than being accustomed to SLAVERY / being ROBBED by people who make it "legal" via legislation to do so. Remember, just because something is "legal" does not mean that it is LAWFUL!

Please wake up and understand that you too can be free from your tyrannical .gov but only if you have the balls

edit on 19-9-2011 by greenovni because: Learned new posting codes

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sad fact is, is that if these were "White Working Class" taxpayers they would of been kick of much sooner and faced more extreme punishment and fines from the council and goverment

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

They are not FREE they are work shy and want to live outside the law, without planning permission people could build what they want, wherever they want. There is a law for a reason. These people choose to live outside of the law and will pay for it.

You sound like a fool to me and probably unemployed, try paying taxes and working hard and see if your views of these leeches change.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

No they cant do whatever they want with the land, you have to apply for planning permission.

Seeing as the land is in a green belt, they wouldnt get it so they ignored the law and built anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level

They are not FREE they are work shy and want to live outside the law, without planning permission people could build what they want, wherever they want. There is a law for a reason. These people choose to live outside of the law and will pay for it.

You sound like a fool to me and probably unemployed, try paying taxes and working hard and see if your views of these leeches change.
Are they building what they like, or are they building what the NEED? Have you seen the site, it's bungalows and small buildings to give people shelter fro mthe elements.

Oh, and I do work, I do pay my taxes, always have done. That doesn't automatically make me a heartless wanker who think he has the right to say that everyoone should live to the rules that the goverment say that we should live by.

I won;'t say what you sound like, it goes against the T.Cs.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

So how would you feel if hundreds of pikeys turned up next door to you, crime goes up massively (because they wont support themselves legitimately) and it generally makes your life hell?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
When you buy a water bottle in a camera pouch I will laugh

and laugh HARD

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The people situated on this land were told before they bought it where they could build and where they could not. They chose to build where they could not so therefore it is to be removed. The area which they could legally build on is to be left as it is and residents allowed to stay. Fairs fair i say.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Its a joke, simple as

I know a fair few travelers my self and dont live far from a travelers site neither - Cottingly Springs. There land is also bought and owned by a traveling family, same as Dale Farm. The families that live near me have lived there so long now that they are part of the community and are settled & 'accepted' in society around here, no doubt this is the same with the residents at Dale Farm. Pushing them out will have a pretty big ripple effect, resources the tax payer will have to use on moving them on every other month, cleaning their temporary sites ect.

I honestly just think TPTB are just fkin us all over good n proppa now.

This is wrong, some people havent lived in a house for 5 years and would absolutely die if they got kicked out of a home they built their future round

Id also like to add too that, wouldnt you have thought that these families at Dale Farm, and other around the country who have been settled for so long, would be a very good example for the government to do something to reach out to the other travelers and show them that staying in one place benefits everybody. But no, they are not, they are booting them out and adding to the 'problem' they are arguing..it really does baffle me, TPTB are keeping us in some mad black comedy paradox

edit on 19-9-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't believe that Man should have to pay someone to build on the land he already paid for. Building permits are just an excuse for local governments to make money.

We rationalize this and say If I want to live in this place then I have to obey their rules - but that's what they want you to do - lie down like sheep and just take all the crap they can dish out. It makes them money and gives them control/power over you. Every city does this.. doesn't make it right. If they want to inspect the building for safety later then that may be another matter but that's all they should do.

I don't know how these people got the name travelers or how they raised 122.000 pounds to buy the land.. seems like a lot of money for "traveling" people. Now they claim some of these people have investments elsewhere.. I say that's BS propaganda. If i had property elsewhere I would not be living on a makeshift plot of land for 10 years.,

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If you extend your hoouse without permission it gets knocked down, why should they get treated better than us normal tax payers? Because they are a minority? Its not legal to build almost all permenant structures without permission so don't act like it should suddenly be changed because of the Dale Farm situation. That would then allow anyone to build anything they wanted.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join