It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATS'ers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I have been a lurker of this forum for about 2 years and finally decided last year to join. I continued to lurk the forum as the only thing I had on my side was "opinions" and no real facts to contribute to the forum. Hence the low post count for me. I enjoyed many a thread over these last months and some have been great entertainment for me(reading other members bash other members about their opinions/facts).

I guess you can say what started me on my conspiracy journey was receiving a paper at my door about 20 years ago. I cannot remember off hand who published it but its main purpose was to question the whole monetary system and the backing of the currency by gold. It asked that old age question that most people don't really know the answer to: "Where does money come from?". It certainly made me question if what this paper was saying was true or not. There was no internet at that time for me to just "google" it, so my only source at the time was to speak to a bank branch manager I knew really well and get his side of the story. What he told me at the time all made sense. Money is created out of thin air. Literally. It's like a giant monopoly game.

I would have to say this was my "wake up" call to question everything, as we are lied to most of our lives about many things. I guess you can say we are brainwashed to believe this is the "right" way to live.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. The energy is there for change, it's just unfortunate that there are still too many people sleeping.

Thanks for reading!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Welcome To ATS !

Remember to follow T&C's, ATS etiquette...

& last but not least, stay away & don't feed the trolls

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hey welcome to ATS hope you enjoy your stay

new topics

join