It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK should have a Stolen Valour Act - We've just been had by a lowlife impersonating a Military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Not fricken me! Lol.. I think it was one of the Marines (they were even crazier.. Any excuse to get naked)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yes 90% - 10%. I remember once, during the good old cold war days, I was at an unamed airfield in some part of the UK. Suddenly, over the Tannoy came the words "Op Primate", "Op Primate" "Op Primate" for those in the know. It is not until nearly 10 minutes later that the revised message was made, with eth word Excercise before it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by paperface

What? No, really? Jeez, some people. I hope that she got bounced for that. PLease, what happened to her?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I saw the look on the man's face who had to eat the biscuit. LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Not fricken me! Lol.. I think it was one of the Marines (they were even crazier.. Any excuse to get naked)

Tell me about it - partner is ex-marine...cant keep his clothes on.

"NAKED BAR!"

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

I have to agree with you both on that matter. I took my AESDOC course at HMS Thunderer and visited Stonehouse quite often, normally looking for some gash kit. Those guys are nutters.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sorry OP for derailing

Ex squaddies swinging the lamp hey?

Back on topic.

There should be a law to cover this type of thing. I also do not think it is right that other folks can get copies of your medals through the MOD either..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

What? Really? Do they not have to give your serivce number rank and name with proof of ID?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Aww, shut yer gob and pull up a sandbag. LOL

Wear your HM Armed Forces Veteran badge with pride.

Or as Richie Richie (Bottom) said. "A veteran? How dare you. I was in the think of it. Someone else looked after the ponies."
edit on 19/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

edit on 19/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: must be spelt wrong

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the copies and replicas do not have the name and service number engraved on them.

Normally, medals handed out during service to individuals are engraved around the rim.

The replicas are not and the copies are notated with a C.

You've got to get up close to see if medals are kosher.

This guy has a replica set of medals, but only put them on when everyone was too pished to really notice.

It was a para who pinged that the medal placement/positioning/sequence was wrong.

I want this guy dealt with. He's a parasite.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Yes, the order that they are displayed. I have never seen a replica to be honest, so I could not tell you.
Never got that many medals, I was always at the back of the NAFFI wagon queue.
edit on 19/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by EvanB

What? Really? Do they not have to give your serivce number rank and name with proof of ID?

Yeah people can.. They have to pay for them obviously but I dont think its right..

To be honest I could pull up a sandbag and swing the lamp all day lol.. Talking to civvies (yes i will NEVER be one lol), they just dont "get it". I love having a beer with ex servicemen.. Its the only time i feel semi "normal" lol

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You can take a man out of the Service, but you can never take the Serivce out of a man.

U2U me when you have time. There is always a spare room down in the South of France if a brother needs a short break with his family.
edit on 19/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Terrible spelling. Sorry folks.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellify

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the copies and replicas do not have the name and service number engraved on them.

Normally, medals handed out during service to individuals are engraved around the rim.

The replicas are not and the copies are notated with a C.

You've got to get up close to see if medals are kosher.

This guy has a replica set of medals, but only put them on when everyone was too pished to really notice.

It was a para who pinged that the medal placement/positioning/sequence was wrong.

I want this guy dealt with. He's a parasite.

My uncle by marriage was able to get my grandads medals which had service number etc around the edge like normal medals. He wears them on British legion things (he is a volunteer) but he had never served.. As the only grandchild who has served (me) they should be mine.. It pisses me off no end.. Especially as they would make an excellent addition to my own few medals lol

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yes, but if memory serves, you must wear those medals on the right and not the left.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by EvanB

Yes, but if memory serves, you must wear those medals on the right and not the left.

Next of kin must wear them on the right breast..

I will U2U You indeed.. You may live to regret that offer!

Much appreciated mate

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

What about families of marines...or are you afraid a game of 'freckles' might get played?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

If you visit, be sure to play that game in the garden by the well. LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What about families of marines...or are you afraid a game of 'freckles' might get played?

Freckles is an army game lol..

Marines just like to steal our RLG's and go blow up a cow lol (warrenpoint northern ireland, crazy buggers haha)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Freckles is an army game lol..

Marines just like to steal our RLG's and go blow up a cow lol (warrenpoint northern ireland, crazy buggers haha)

I had to look up urban dictionary on that game...

Oh my god! That's all I can say - asked him indoors what it was...he didnt know.

I am not telling him either. If he finds out, no doubt it'll get rolled out for the next barbecue.

Mind you, the wildest we get these days is how many maltesers can you fit in your mouth while drunk.

Been a long time since I saw a 'dance of the flaming a&&&holes"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join