It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK should have a Stolen Valour Act - We've just been had by a lowlife impersonating a Military

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on Mon Sep 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That's pretty awful - I see why you made her an ex-wife!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This kind of behaviour seems to be on the increase too. A friend of mine me a guy in a bar a couple of years ago. Now, one of his opening chat-up lines to her was to do with him being SAS, or ex-SAS.He told her that he always sat with his back to the walls so he could keep a look out on all exits as he was often followed.

This man was a rather small framed guy. My friend said, I thought all SAS Trooper wer hulking giants, or somthing to that effect. No, he said, we have to be small to get out of risky situations. Now, I have NEVER been in the SAS or The Paras. To my understanding, the majority of SAS recruits are Paras and the ones I came in contact with at Brize Norton, during their basic parachute training were a damn sight bigger than me. LOL

So, I approached this individual. He knew all the buzz words and camps that a Trooper would have expected to visit during his training. Belize anyone? So, I engaged him conversation and dropped few lesser known slang words for him to mull over.

Baring in mind this was a while ago, before the boil in the bag crap the British Army have for Compo these days. In my time it was all tinned and most of the dishes had their own slang word. As he cuold not recite a single one of them, I outright called him an Fing liar, threatened me with his deadly SAS hand to hand training and did a runner.

God I hate these Walter Mittys. Hang um high I say. No, there should be some legal comeback in the UK.

edit on 19/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Can't spell Mitty. So much for a university education. LOL

edit on 19/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Baring in mind this was a while ago, before the boil in the bag crap the British Army have for Compo these days. In my time it was all tinned and most of the dishes had their own slang word. As he cuold not recite a single one of them, I outright called him an Fing liar, threatened me with his deadly SAS hand to hand training and did a runner
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Haha.. Anyone for babies heads? Lol

Its amazing how many ex SAS there are out there, but really they were logistics corps for two months lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Babies heads? Yes, but I hate kidney. LOL
Loved the oatmeal biscuits mixed with the chocolate powder. Great breakfast when you were in the field.

I remember once, I was training at Blandford. Went to the mess for breakfast and asked the "chef" what flavour jams he had.
"Oh" he said. "we have red and black".

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Ooooooooo, don't say that to my son. He is an Ammo Tech in the Logistics Corps.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by EvanB

Babies heads? Yes, but I hate kidney. LOL
Loved the oatmeal biscuits mixed with the chocolate powder. Great breakfast when you were in the field.

I remember once, I was training at Blandford. Went to the mess for breakfast and asked the "chef" what flavour jams he had.
"Oh" he said. "we have red and black".

Haha

I used to love the garriboldi bickies (hated the anal blockage ones, but they did provide themselves to being a most excellent cheese bicky) and dont think i have ever found a nicer hot chocolate drink anywhere.. But that probably because when you are piss wet through and gibbering your balls off anything is good lol..
The chefs with my unit were gobby twunts.. Actually, they were gobby everywhere I went lol.. Hence them being jawed quite frequently...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I think my all time favourite was the skinless compo sausages. Although, I do remember the 10 man ration pack that had podwered mockturtle soup and the can of ciggies and spangles.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Ooooooooo, don't say that to my son. He is an Ammo Tech in the Logistics Corps.

When I was based at Bulford, over the road was the log support battalion with whom we had many fights with outside the Saxon warrior pub lol..

Memories hey?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

If you want gobby chef twunts, you should have gone to Hereford. It used to be the catering training school for the RAF. God, they came out thinking they were the Galloping Gourmet or something.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

I think my all time favourite was the skinless compo sausages. Although, I do remember the 10 man ration pack that had podwered mockturtle soup and the can of ciggies and spangles.

Can of ciggies??

Dont remember that, though i came in as the boil in the bag compo was being phased in.. I remember the "sausages" though

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You see, these paper soldiers can recall all the buzz, but they do not have the memories of being on Jankers or the two weeks of Fing boredem of being on sentry duty. It is the bits inbetween the blood and crap that really define your service memories. The short fat guy with the freckle and glasses or the little monkey who could circumnavigate the mess bar without stepping on the floor. Or the bicycle jousting sessions in the Wardroom corridors with those crazy submariners.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

If I remember, didn't the garriboldi bickies come in a white packet? I used to swap mine for chocolate.. Always seemed to have an excess of Biscuits AB at the end of excercise though. Never understood why. Oh yes I do, they tasted like *(/&)(&$=$%.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

You see, these paper soldiers can recall all the buzz, but they do not have the memories of being on Jankers or the two weeks of Fing boredem of being on sentry duty. It is the bits inbetween the blood and crap that really define your service memories. The short fat guy with the freckle and glasses or the little monkey who could circumnavigate the mess bar without stepping on the floor. Or the bicycle jousting sessions in the Wardroom corridors with those crazy submariners.

Yes, those endless games of "dam-busters" "freckles""toss the midget""dance of the flaming assholes" are what I remember... Operations were 90% boring, in my case tabbing over Northern Ireland, stopping cars, searches, cr trawls, eagle vcps (loved them lol), the occassional ied (more boredom on a cordon)... Then the rare explosion or shooting.. The rest was just stagging on in a sanger writing poems (yes we had a poetry group lol) trying to stay awake, getting wet, and dealing with pranks from bored troops lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I always thought that the game Freckles was a myth, until I actually saw it being played in Cyprus. Goodness, I nearly spilt my drink. Soggy biscuit was even worse. LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I used to love playing Dambusters, although, I got carried away one evening and saved the aircraft with a a water/gas extingusher. That did not go down too well the next morning. I was the section OC. LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
An on topic note though. The OP is right. This kind of behaviour takes away the meaning of serving. There should be a law passed in the UK and your associate should be answerable.

If, God forbid, something does happen and lives are lost? He needs to be stopped.

Edit: BTW, is it true that the Americans can wear their Nijmegen medals on thier uniform?
edit on 19/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

I always thought that the game Freckles was a myth, until I actually saw it being played in Cyprus. Goodness, I nearly spilt my drink. Soggy biscuit was even worse. LOL

Definetly not a myth! We played it in Norway (eewww), my platoon commander (a colour sergeant) took the dump.. His face was a picture doing it too the dirty scutter lol.. He was a Falklands vet too.. I remember in Ireland him diving through glass window of someones house after a dog had biten him.. He shot it in front of the owners whilst they had their tea lol..

There is no one like that in civvy street lol

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Who bought the drinks?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me of the woman who for years claimed to have saved dozens from the towers.She was called the 911 faker.

She became a spokesperson and met with the major and everything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join