It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical; You just invented a revolutionary device, what do you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Okay, I was recently looking into the whole “water” powered car and noticed one Stan Meyer who claimed to have invented one died under strange circumstances.

Stanley Meyer died suddenly on March 21, 1998 after dining at a restaurant. An autopsy report by the Franklin County, Ohio coroner concluded that Meyer had died of a cerebral aneurysm, but conspiracy theorists insist that he was poisoned to suppress the technology, and that oil companies and the United States government were involved in his death.[1][2] Meyer's patents are still available online,[15] although there has been no independent verification of his claims.

Also the Car company Genepax in japan that said they had one too also folded with little fan fare.

Well, the naysayers must be happy now, that the company has closed its gates. I don’t know for sure this wasn’t a hoax, but with so many public appearances and demonstrations, I don’t see many possibilities that it was.

also seem to remember another case of someone just disappearing after a similar discovery, but thats not what this thread is about, not the individual cases at least.

What I want to ponder is this, say you just discovered a device, that say not only seems to provide propulsion, but also outputs power while doing it, while lets say requiring either A. No external power, or B. very little that the out put is more than what is put in, all while generating propulsion. For the sake of argument lets put aside the physics impossibilities, lets just say your the one miracle that broke the laws of physics.

Now having this invention, and lets say being aware of the current energy companies and the threat you would provide to them (and you believe all the Energy Invention Suppression conspiracies), you still want to release your invention but you also want to stay alive.

My question is this; What do you do?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Now having this invention, and lets say being aware of the current energy companies and the threat you would provide to them (and you believe all the Energy Invention Suppression conspiracies), you still want to release your invention but you also want to stay alive. My question is this; What do you do?

Post it on the internet and wait for a knock on your door within the hour.

Or, you could sell the patent and let them shelf it forever while you retire in Hawaii.
If you made it and wanted to get it out there, you'll either end up wealthy, or dead.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
“Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” - Napoleon Hill

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I was thinking about it and to me it look like a choice of trying to make a profit or releasing it free, the free option would seem to be the safest if you want to survive. seems like trying to make a profit is the quick way to thugs at your door or being discredited or to a "heart attack"

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Post it on the internet and wait on the black helicopters to take me away screaming "Let me go! Let me go!" Whether it be in English, Welsh or French, I'm probably going to be killed either way.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

So than would you suggest forgetting it from the start?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Heartisblack

So than would you suggest forgetting it from the start?

Yep, I can't be poor forever though, I can't take it. I'll lose it, I might as well just give it to the feds peacefully and fade off into the black. Government always wins, unless I join a secret underground group of inventors. Wealthy or dead is a gamble, a serious one.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Start by getting your local community in on the invention and getting them to then spread it further as fast as possible.
If it's as good as we can imagine viral marketing will do the trick...Maybe

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
Start by getting your local community in on the invention and getting them to then spread it further as fast as possible.
If it's as good as we can imagine viral marketing will do the trick...Maybe

Somebody can still sell you out, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Make them and get people to buy them locally, hush-hush, until there's so many of them out there that they can't get rid of it. Those who get the most done are not the "tooters" of invention, but getting them in every household before people really catch on that it's something different and new.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

That was my first thought, try and make a video of it in action, maybe send prototypes to several colleges or something as well?

The thought that we live in a society that could think to suppress ideas that could help mankind for the sake of profits is increasingly depressing to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sell it to big oil or whoever plans to bury it for economic reasons, and then 'accidentally' lose a prototype somewhere it will be picked up and produced en masse. You might have to wait a few years so that it looks like someone else independently invented it, or you'll get bumped off. That way, you'd be both rich and the masses would have your invention, and hopefully you wouldn't be dead, either.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
When I finally create something earth shattering you can rest assured that it will be released open source immediately. There will be a demo video of the thing in action, source code, and schematics for any hardware that needs to be assembled. Set your ideas free and we will all become "richer" as a result. I might accept cash donations to scale up, but I'm not really interested in personal gains.

Stanley Meyer doesn't sound crazy to me, it looks more like he got caught up waiting for the patent office to allow him to get rich and died mysteriously before he had the chance.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sell it to a foreign rogue government.

Once sold, other countries will be forced to adapt or create similar technologies to compete with the rogue country.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Thats a good idea... Perhaps release it as a part of something else, like a toy or something, act like you had no clue what you invented and when people point out you could go. "Oh I knew that, just didn't think it was a big deal."

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If I had a technology that was so valuable to the species that it HAD to survive I would send the data/design documents to scientists in related fields of study all over the world, simultaneously. Hopefully thousands of them. If it's something worth suppressing you can't keep it for your own profit. When you create a pocket of secrecy around you give a would be assassin a dark place in which to dispose of you and/or your idea.

Distribute it freely and it becomes illuminated for all to see.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i would probably keep it a secret for a long period of time before i create a new thing and this other thing becomes useless to me

new topics

top topics

join