It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Near The Sun Doesn't Look Like A Normal Lens Flare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

well if I had seen those i would probably have freeked, anyway thats not whet we saw, it was much smaller and did not move at all.............but thanks.....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is interesting because as I was driving home today, I was heading east which put the sun behind me as it was just about to dip below the mountain line. I put my sunglasses on because it was still super bright and I was going to be soon facing west looking directly into the sun. As I put my sunglasses on, I looked in my rearview mirror because the sun was directly in it, but was quite a bit filtered in brightness because of my tinted back window, my mirror which had adjusted for brightness, and my UV protected sunglasses. I was able to actually look directly at it for a few seconds (because of all those tinted filters)... and remember thinking how cool it would be to be able to look at the sun with your own eyes and see sun flares... because that's what it looked like I saw. A bulge on the edge of the sun. I could see the exact shape of the sun perfectly.. except for a small bulge off to the left.
I just assumed it's hard to look "directly" the sun, and that my vision would obviously play tricks on me through multiple "filters". Then I saw these posts. So, who knows.
So... here is what I suggest... tomorrow... we all check out the sun. See if it's still there.
The spot... not the sun

edit: Well, being that it is a lens flare (I just finished reading the rest of the thread)... I'm going to go with my original thought... that even though I could see the shape of the sun perfectly... it still wasn't perfect enough
Too many glass and plastic fliters
edit on 20-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This guy on Youtube is claiming that is NOT a lens flare. This is what he says:

@JibbyJedi
Thats the reflection of the light on the glass that sits infront of the lense of the camera, the camera picks that up first which is why it looks like it is on top of his finger, and thats also why the light coming off the sun is on top of his finger, and the "real" lense flairs that are moving about with the camera are on top aswell.
smokey66662

Any camera lens experts on here? Can anyone verify if this is a lens effect or flare?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"Lens flare" is sort of a generic term for internal reflections. There are different sources for them; reflections from the sensor plate to the lens and back, reflections between lens elements, reflections (refractions) within lens elements, and in this case a reflection between the cover glass and the lens.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So you are agreeing with me that this dot near the sun is a lens flare?
In the 2nd video the dot is on top of this guy's finger, this other guy and several others are so sure it's not a lens flare they can't comprehend this concept of reflection. This video is being reloaded all over the place and it's got people all nerved up.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Of course it's lens flare.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
oh snap*

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi people, I'm new here and i don't usually post stuff but i do like to look at ATS forums alot. Here's my take on this 'Two Sun' theory...

Ok so I'm not a camera expert but earlier i decided to just go outside and hold my phone up to the sun and take a few snaps in various different spots, using different types of effects...greyscale, inverted, negative etc.

These pics were taken in the UK about an hour ago. I really don't think there is a second sun/nibiru/elenin or whatever it is, i think it's just lens flare or some effect done by the camera...like i said i'm not a camera expert. what do you think?

Here's the result(s)...
img835.imageshack.us...
img841.imageshack.us...
img3.imageshack.us...
img827.imageshack.us...
img31.imageshack.us...
img41.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

we live in KY and the first time we saw the "DOT" was on the 11th, its been pretty cloudy, foggy and rainy since then, however when the sun has appeared for a minit or 2 I have looked again and again, I havent seen the "DOT" since untill just now. today being the 26th at about 11.30 a.m sure enough there it is just a bit bigger and now towards the bottem left my 15 yr old son see,s it too and we are looking through a welding hood, polerized glasses and another welding lense. If it was a lense flare then how come I couldnt see it on the other days when I could see the sun? the dot isnt moving like a lense flare please go and look. it takes a few seconds but there is something there. when I look at a difren spot of the sun he blk dot doesnt apper there just where i said to the bottem left. wouldnt it move with my eyes if it was a lense flare?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
THESE PHOTOS ARE SHOWING UP MORE FREQUENTLY.

I find it hard to believe that all of them are glare or sun spots or dirty lenses. There is an object on the back left side of our sun. What is it is the question people should be demanding an answer too. PlanetX, Nibiru, Brown Drawf? Whatever it is, it wasn't visible to the naked eye a few years ago.

I don't think I would be making smart A%% comments on something I couldn't explain. I would think people would actually try to see if they themselves could catch it on film. The more people get, the less they can claim it's everyones imagination.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

What's odd is I shoot sunsets all the time, and I haven't seen a "brown dwarf" or Planet X or anything. Guess I shouldn't be using my SLR and start shooting only with my cell phone...

i1095.photobucket.com...

Unless my Neutral Density filter is really a "Niburu Deletion" filter.

edit on 26-9-2011 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

i cant see it with my cell phone camera either......???????look through a welding lense shade 12 and a pair sun glasses and then you might just be able to see it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
oh snap*

Three people responded after you posted that video.
/facepalm
edit on 26-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
these pics were taken quickly in a time frame of 1 minute approx
through 2 welding lenses with a normal digital camera
the black spot moves around like
A PUPIL ON THE ALL SEEING EYE?????????????????
i cant see a sunspoit moving around like this
and it cannot be a lense flare as it is ON the sun
it can be seen with the naked eye through the lenses also
the black spot is always there,,,every day
profile.imageshack.us...
edit on 5-4-2012 by leepenny because: trying to upload pictures for first time

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by leepenny

You already have an existing post about your images HERE. No need to post in two places...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

no need to
no need not to,,,are you the rule maker???? please answer this question then i know if you ARE the rulemaker
OR just a BUSY BODY
edit on 5-4-2012 by leepenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with the TERMS and CONDITIONS for posting on these forums.

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
this does not apply in this case
if you want to check thats fine
you misunderstand i fear

yes let the mods decide now get back on topic
and stop wasting posts

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Nothing to misunderstand.

You posted this here:

these pics were taken quickly in a time frame of 1 minute approx
through 2 welding lenses with a normal digital camera
the black spot moves around like
A PUPIL ON THE ALL SEEING EYE?????????????????

then this here:

it is always there like a pupil of the all seeing eye
1 black spot moving all over the suns surface
these pics were taken quickly with normal digital camera through welding lenses, in a time frame of 1 minute approx
dont tell me its a lense flare or a sunspot,,,not possible for a sunspot to move around soo freely and soo much

all seeing eye, black spots moving around.

We'll let the MODs decide...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
as these are my replies to two totally different threads
the people involved in the two different threads on my assumption will be different people(i have not checked)
therefore i am conversing with the two groups of people separtately, on THEIR threads
if i had started 2 threads on the same thing...YES
but i have started 0 threads
YOU MISUNDERSTAND
the all seeing eye was a bit of humour

youve got some lenses i belive ,,but untill you get a lense that is as dark as 2 welding lenses you wont see it in the picture
THINK ABOUT IT before throwing your toys out the pram

lets see your pictures with your lense on,,,to see if its DARK ENOUGH

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join