It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Near The Sun Doesn't Look Like A Normal Lens Flare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by julesbabe26

I have seen it on a number of occasions,so too has my wife seen it twice.
I have also used a welding mask x3 different ones (arc welder hood) and yes again its there.
Until people see it for themselves you cant really blame them for dismissing it as something other than lens flare.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That is not a lense flare, you can see the two obvious lens flares as he moves the camera around, and the two lens flares follow, the other light next to the sun does not move when the camera is shifting positions, very strange video. S + F

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree with you he does move the camera L-R and up and down, and the small spot remains in the same horizontal level with the Sun. I have to say though that the small spot also appears to move closer to the Sun as the video goes on, most noticeably after the cloud passes, this must mean that if indeed something, then it has to be much, much closer to earth than would be the Sun, a UFO? maybe, but not another sun or planet.
edit on 19-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You probably saw a sunspot. Not unheard of. You can occasionally see them if smoke obscures the sun or there is just enough cloud cover to see the sun through without hurting your eyes.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techata
any screenshots, once again, i have a javatard for a computer. And I aswell, after reading through the posts hoping for a screenshot, whoever mentioned that a lensflare can't produce an aritfact in its own flare, i agree.

ATS isn't letting anyone upload pics until they fix the codes, been this way a couple days now.

It looks like a white ball to the left of the sun, then as the sun goes behind a cloud, the object remains in the shot. Then it appears the object goes behind a cloud as the sun emerges. After a few more seconds the small object reappears from cloud cover but seems closer to the sun at that point.

It did appear the camera did make rotating tilts and didn't stay on a perfect horizontal plane only, that's kind of hard to do without pivoting somewhat vertical.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ok, i checked jpl and it is possible to be venus, but highly doubted due to the face of visibility in such bright conditions, don't get me wrong not impossible. While watching that video i though of digital advancement and the ability to catch light with the processing of the chips eliminate glare. Think of the advancement of digital media that is all. Now if its not venus than i am at a loss. as for the disappearing, could be due to the rotation of the earth and corona in the sun acting like a "light sheild" if you will allowing them to blend together. Keep in mind distance and gravity of the sun, as venus would be behind it. Here's a link if it works to the orbital diagram, Please ohh Please disregard elenin in it.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hopefully that link worked. Take a look. Use the sliders to get the proper line of sight.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Techata

An object in between Earth and the sun would not appear to be illuminated from our perspective, like the moon is not visible just before it eclipses the sun.

It could be behind the sun which would illuminate it from our perspective, but it would have to be a massive object.

If it was right next to the sun, about half of it would be illuminated from our perspective, like a half moon. This object is completely illuminated, which only leaves a 'behind the sun' perspective.

Or, it is a different kind of lens flare due to the type of lenses in the camera.
Today I took some blank negative strips from some developed pictures to use as a filter on my camera lense and pointed it at the sun. The filters were ranged from dark to light filtering, but I could not see anything like this near the sun. I also could not duplicate this type of lens flaring.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by Techata

An object in between Earth and the sun would not appear to be illuminated from our perspective, like the moon is not visible just before it eclipses the sun.

I differ there, the small spot appears to transit to nearer the sun L/R in the video, that transit could only be if the small spot is transiting the field of view faster than the Sun, and from our point of reference in the video the Sun has not moved. Anything behind the Sun, and at such a distance, then would have to be moving at an unimaginable speed, never mind the size of it. Taken then that it is an object of some sort, it can only be something between Earth and the Sun and is small enough to be orbital, or transient past Earth.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Or it self illuminates. It can be anywhere then.
I've never seen a comet in the daylight next to the sun so I hope no one goes with Elenin.

edit on 19-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
idk much about the subject because some think planet x is out past pluto and some thing it is the second half of our binary system....

but that second video is CRAZY!!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It could be self illuminated, but if behind the Sun, or in front of the Sun for that matter, it would be very bright and easily seen at night for instance, unless there is a switch off, which doesn't make much sense really.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is a couple of examples similar to the 1st video, but there is only ONE lens flare dot...

Can anyone find one with 2 dots like the 1st video has?

I think I found the original uploader...

Some people are claiming this to be Venus as it's location is around that area. If you look closely at around the 4 min mark, you can see a fainter dot to the left of the 2nd dot.... that could be Venus, but to call the other object Venus is a bit of an exaggeration on the size and luminosity of Venus during the day.

EDIT- Part 2:

Uploaded by illdivvies47 on Sep 14, 2011

taken in North Wales on 14th September 2011, one of several videos off my HTC wildfire phone showing a 'small ball' or planet to the left of the sun. There are several lens flares (green and blue) in the footage- but I move the camera around to show the 'planet' to the left is static. In one of the films I clear the lens to show its nothing on the lens, and in this film I deliberately put my hand over the lens several times and allow the camera to refocus on the 'planet'. I will upload several clips all taken today, I plan to take more with a minidv camera tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Could be the image that Ingo Swann displays on his website.
www.biomindsuperpowers.com...
www.biomindsuperpowers.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Enjoy.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I debunked my own thread before Phage, yaaayyy!

Pause at 0:58 seconds.... finger test, *lens flare*

So remember boys and girls, even if it might not appear to be a normal lens flare, it could be a different kind you haven't seen before.

Add this one to the debunking archive.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Good find. No Nibiru......today.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ok! for goodnes sake buy a welding hood and look!!!!! I am so sick of all this b....s about it,s not there it,s a lens flare, I am not crazy and neither is my hubby" even though I cant spell"
we did see something on the 11th and it was blk,and infront of the Sun. now I will look again tomorrow since it is suposed to be sunny here in KY and see if I can see it.....I am one of those people that just wants the truth!!!!!!! so every one stop saying it,s not real...."yes" there are idiots out there that get off on making up crap and then there are people like me that actualy see,s the stuff and say,s "hmmmmm! ya know it could be for real" all my family live in the UK and I live in KY so I would like the oppertunity to at least say goodbye, "if the shtf" and ohhh yeah by the way by brother is 18 months older than me so I always kinda looked upto him and he has been telling me about this for the last 25 yrs or so, I always thought he was crazy, ya know, too much dope, but now I call him when I need an answer......all u people that try and say it,s fake, and I,m not just talking about these video,s, who do ya,ll work for and is it just coss you are scared????????? dont be scared! im not! just sick of the B......S

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The dot "in the videos" are lens flares, proven 100% now.
Whatever you guys saw could be a lens flare or maybe you saw something else, I don't know.
How many layers of glass/shielding is on that mask you used? If it's at least 2 layers, you will see the same effect.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

all I know is that, on the morning of Sept 11th I saw this dude on u-tube using a CD or DVD to look at the sun to see if he could see something, well this was back in June on the u-tube video,, of course he didnt see anything..you have to know that we are about as normal as u get, anyway my hubby suggested we look through his welding hood, just 1 lense, anyway he looked for about 30secs then he said "ya know I do see something" so I looked and sure enough, there to the top left was a blk dot, anyway we still was not convinced so we looked through another welding hood and "yep!" you guesed it we could still see the blk dot.....I have read and read and read about all this stuff and I have to see to believe and I did. there is this chick on U-Tube that saw the same thing we did and fillmed it, looking through a welding hood, except her video showed the blk dot on the right of the sun, but I dont know where she was. somewhere in USA... anyway I would love for someone to tell me that it was Jupiter or Mars or something, but it hassent happend yet! please excuse the spelling. "i,m a Britt
"

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
ya know I just read your post again and I think u may have misunderstood me, when we saw the blk dot it was ON the Sun, not to the left of the Sun but actually on the Sun...like if the Sun was a dinner plate then on it was a Black dot to the top left.....just wanted to make that clear...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join