It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Near The Sun Doesn't Look Like A Normal Lens Flare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I do not know the original YT uploader as of yet. If this has been posted, then please move/remove this thread.

There appears to be an object next to the sun. I've watched 100s of these and there's only about 1 other video like this that I thought was pretty decent. I'll post it below this one.

The object is there when the sun is behind a cloud, and when the sun emerges.
These anomalies have been explained away as double paned glass, or duel lenses inside of some cameras. Makes sense and seems to have been true 100% of the time I find.

Then there's the piece of paper in front of the sun test, to see if the object disappears or not, which it does.
In this video, a thick enough cloud should have the same effect as that piece of paper, but the object is still visible when the sun is blocked out in this particular video.

Filmed from North Wales, UK

Original video starts at 3:16 after this YT user's commentary...

I found this one to look very convincing, it's a couple years old... still haven't heard a decent debunking of it as of yet...

Thought I'd share with you guys, and before the flames come, I am not a doomsday Nibiru kind of guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
....and before the flames come, I am not a doomsday Nibiru kind of guy.

Maybe not, but a few more posts like these and you're well on your way to becoming one

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

....and before the flames come, I am not a doomsday Nibiru kind of guy.

Maybe not, but a few more posts like these and you're well on your way to becoming one

LMAO, it's funny because it's true.

I will never be a 'Nibiru is coming to hit us' guy, but I'll always be a NASA hater.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I am not sure about Nibiru stuff but one thing I am sure of, these guys soon going to need to get a pair of new cameras due to sensor damage pointing at strong light source like the sun.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wouldn't there be a reflection in the water if it was made visible through your techniques?
If it's invisible to the naked eye, then you jazz the pic up, it should also then display itself entirely, which would be in the water too, no?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Very cool.. So this is what everyone has been talking about.

I looked at the moon tonight and I didn't see anything.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
"Mummy, Mummy, are we going to die mummy ?"
This is just ridiculous, I don't know whether to jump on board the Nibiru boat or drown. Nobody can seem to agree on this, whether it is real or not. That is why I gave up trying to figure it out.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

NASA's lies keep me looking for the truth. Doesn't mean we should believe everyone besides NASA though.
I'm just keeping my eyes open.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

NASA's lies keep me looking for the truth. Doesn't mean we should believe everyone besides NASA though.

Everybody always lies to us, we've been raised on lies. I'm trying to keep my eyes open too but Nibiru is the craziest theory.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The first video shows an internal camera reflection. If the guy who made the video had rotated his camera, whilst keeping the lens pointed at the sun, you would see that small 'object' rotate with the camera.

You posted a pic with something to the left of the sun. Notice how in these videos that the 'object' is usually on the left of the sun? These are internal reflection artefacts.

The second video I dont know, I would say a reflection of somekind. More so seeing as it's from a few years ago and we were not burned to a crisp.

st.
edit on 19-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Amazing video.

S&F.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Dude pointing a camera lens at the sun is bound to cause some weird things to show up. Show me an alien mothership causing an eclipse and then I'll get excited.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
On September 11th 2011 my hubby and I went outside to look at the Sun through a welding hood since this was the day you where suposed to be able to view "Nibiru, Planet X, Elenin, Comet or whatever else you want to call it" it was around 2 p.m in the afternoon and very clear here in KY, sure enough we saw a small Blk dot to the upper left side of the sun, we looked through 2 diffrent welding hoods to make sure it was not just a mark on the lense. It was not, we both saw it, I would say since this video was taken on the 19th then it would have moved, dont know much about space and planets but I think its safe to say there is defo something there...........

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Everybody always lies to us, we've been raised on lies. I'm trying to keep my eyes open too but Nibiru is the craziest theory.

It's really not that crazy. You think it's crazy because when you heard about it, it was associated with space aliens riding the planet coming back for gold.

That's a crazy video. Anyone have any explanations? I'm one to call people out when they just post videos of lens flares. That's not one.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That's a crazy video. Anyone have any explanations? I'm one to call people out when they just post videos of lens flares. That's not one.

I also call out lens flares in these type of videos, this one seemed different though. It "appears" the object moves behind clouds and is still visible when the sun gets covered by a cloud. It also does "appear" to be double lens in camera type of reflection. I'm on the fence with this one, which is why I posted it.
edit on 19-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

The first video shows an internal camera reflection. If the guy who made the video had rotated his camera, whilst keeping the lens pointed at the sun, you would see that small 'object' rotate with the camera.

The guy did turn and rotate the camera and the object remained stable in that spot.
I can usually tell lens flare immediately, this one seems quirky.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I am in no way a camera or lens flare expert, although I am trying to get better at photography. I hesitated posting only because I'm not that knowledgeable on this subject. If it was a reflection from the camera, why would appear when the sun was behind the clouds? He did rotate and move the camera around. (I'm only speaking of the first video) Also, within the lens flares the dot from the object was in both of the lens flares. I'm not sure, but I don't think lens flares add artifacts within their own flare.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

The guy did turn and rotate the camera and the object remained stable in that spot.
I can usually tell lens flare immediately, this one seems quirky.

I've just watched it again. I think you misunderstand what I mean by rotate the camera. I don't mean hold it steady and twist your body left/right. I mean rotate the camera left over right or right over left, but keeping the lens pointed at the sun. The guy in the youtube doesn't do that. He keeps the camera horizontal.

As an example of what I mean, hold your hand out in front of you, palm up. Now rotate your wrist so your palm is facing down.

st.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
any screenshots, once again, i have a javatard for a computer. And I aswell, after reading through the posts hoping for a screenshot, whoever mentioned that a lensflare can't produce an aritfact in its own flare, i agree.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join