It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elevated Military Activity in Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hey All,

I live in Colorado, and was down in the Denver area (South Littleton) the entire day working. Throughout the day, probably from 1pm to 3pm I counted a total of 14 F-16's fly through the area. My immediate reaction was to check the news to see if anything was going on. But I havn't heard anything about it. Probably just an Air show in the Springs area. The jets were headed from the North towards Colorado Springs, my guess would be from Buckley Air Force base.

Wasn't sure if anybody else noticed this or knew anything else about it??? Just interesting nonetheless with all this homeland militarization taking place and these new threads poping up about this...

- aFTeRm4Th

PS. Interesting note - on the way home I saw tew semi's loaded full of armored humvees... right near the Fort Collins area.. :/

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Might be from the drawdown in Iraq....

replacement equipment.....

training for the Colorado guard....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Could be anything but since Obama's going to be there 27th September, I don't know what to tell you but *salutes OP* good luck. I don't know what to say, could be training, could be anything. But good luck.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
im told that 20,000 troops that just got back from iraq are on Quick Reaction Force to respond to civil unrest.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Military equipment and activity in the vicinity of military bases. Ummm...wow?

Now if the humvee's had actually been driving down the highway, that might be something a bit more interesting.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Believe me, I see my fair share of military vehicles driving down our highways. Especially, since Colorado is such a militarized state, if not the most.Think since mid-summer I've seen on several instances a combination of Humvee's and supply trucks driving on I-25.

This just struck me as a little out of the norm, seeing some armored Humvee's with what looked like 1 inch steal plating and heavy armor around the 50 cal. placement. They were painted tan so ya I'm assuming they are coming home from deployment. But also in the same day, seeing so many fighter jets roar through the city. Unusual combo nonetheless. Really just curious where the F-16's may have been headed.

Like Xcathdral said tho, probably Guard or Air Force training....

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

..training for the Colorado guard....

edit on 19-9-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I to am assuming that it is due to the President's trip to CO. What I do find strange is related reports about something big going to happen. Apparently there is new development in Kansas (center of the US and neighbor to CO).....Massive amounts of troops are being deployed there along with full blown artillery. This thread just popped up.

Current Troop Movement in the United States. Why? Elenin? Collapse? What?

In my opinion, Obama will be in CO to enter the bunkers there. Something BIG seems afoot.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
i remember at the beginning of the iraq war, they were running simulated bombing runs on the springs in broad daylight.

i was sitting on the patio of phantom canyon...having a few pints...watching "the show"

squad after squad of various jets were doing maneuvers right over the city. i think some of them were the thrust vectoring "raptors".....it was very neat, and disturbing at the same time

Air force academy is right in the springs too...always stuff going on...a fer AFB's as well......

stay vigilant

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I know I will be crucified for even mentioning I read that person's material, but it was interesting nonetheless that Sorcha Faal said there was a DEFCON 1 drill being prepped for September 27th. I haven't been able to confirm that because I've been working on my schoolwork though I had heard a few grumblings about the date from a few friends of mine in the military. So I'm not saying I believe her/it/whatever, but it would match these kinds of movements if it is just a drill.

My thought is they are getting prepped for after the UN vote on Palestinian statehood. There is a lot of ill-sentiment being built up ahead of that vote. This doesn't explain why POTUS is in Denver that day, but it does explain some of the military movements and buildup if that is going on. Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day one way or the other. US vetos: much of the developed world and the Arabic world will shift against the US. US goes ahead: Israel feels threatened and may launch attacks before the neighboring nations get their alliances too deeply aligned with the new Palestinian state. There really is no good outcome to that vote without someone getting hurt. A week after the vote is about when I'd think things would get heated to the point the US could get threatened directly.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I've been noticing them too. Several times a day now, they've been blasting thru
the sky over Denver. Also, helicopters. Lots' of helicopters. I even had one
follow me in City Park about 5:30 in the morning while I was walking my dog.
Nobody else in the whole damned park and the thing just hovered over me in
the parking lot until I flipped it off. Whatever else they were doing it was obvious
they were trying to freak me out.
Anyways, there is definitely something going on here with the military. I'm
guessing it has something to do with Obama's visit. Looks like we're gonna
find out.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There was a flyover at the Denver Broncos game yesterday at 2pm, and they typically fly in wide circles for about an hour beforehand while they are waiting. I see it pretty much every weekend there is a home football game at the Air Force Academy...

That being said, prior to the game yesterday I did hear some jets late in the noon hour, which I thought was a little early to be warming up for the game. But maybe they were just taking some noobie pilot out to learn the ropes or something?!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
im told that 20,000 troops that just got back from iraq are on Quick Reaction Force to respond to civil unrest.

Source please..

Also, anyone know if the 9/11 security alert on the credible yet not confirmed threat is canceled?
edit on 19-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

You are right on both accounts - was downtown at Elitches and saw both sets (of two) f-18's go by...I think they were anyway (no expert)...maybe a flyby practice for the game?

CJ

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thanks to the person above who mentioned the helicopters. I have lived for over 15 years at our place and the air traffic is not normal. And the strange booming, what is that? It could be thunder but who knows. Also, I don't think the jets practice flyovers, at least not in the city.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Probably the upcoming Obama visit. When Ron & Nancy came to Kansas City in 85' I believe it was, the airport
& surrounding areas were crawling with military 2 weeks prior.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by xenthuin

You are right on both accounts - was downtown at Elitches and saw both sets (of two) f-18's go by...I think they were anyway (no expert)...maybe a flyby practice for the game?

CJ

I am very familiar with jets, the ones I saw definitely were F-16's Flying in two pairs of two. four at a time

top topics

join