It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Experts Say Possible Need To Evacuate Parts of Tokyo Can No Longer Be Ignored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Thread title is taken from the body of a recent segment from Al Jazeera. I don't feel that they are embellishing or over-dramatizing the situation but I do wish they had actually named/quoted the 'experts' alluded to in the video to add credibility.

At least one billion becquerels of radiation continue to leak from Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant each day even though it is now more than five months after the March earthquake and tsunami that damaged the facility.

Experts say that the total radiation leaked will eventually exceed the amounts released from the Chernobyl disaster that the Ukraine in April 1986. This amount would make Fukushima the worst nuclear disaster in history.

Source: english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
They finally realised their own people were dying ? Congratulations to them, brilliant just bloody brilliant.
took them long enough.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

They knew all along obviously.
edit on 19-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I started posting this on my Facebook page a month after the earthquake. My gut feeling remains strong that Osaka will become the hub of financial and economic industry in 20 years, due to Tokyo loosing population and businesses moving South. When cancer rates begin to show an increase in Tokyo, it will cause people to move South. A lot of people.
Majority of responses I received were in the ballpark of "It will never hapen."
So, I ask you here on ATS. Is this plausible?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by linduh
I started posting this on my Facebook page a month after the earthquake. My gut feeling remains strong that Osaka will become the hub of financial and economic industry in 20 years, due to Tokyo loosing population and businesses moving South. When cancer rates begin to show an increase in Tokyo, it will cause people to move South. A lot of people.
Majority of responses I received were in the ballpark of "It will never hapen."
So, I ask you here on ATS. Is this plausible?

Yep,i will stick by this.You Dont want to live in the black area,,www.flickr.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
No one is dying no one has died so far. www.commentarymagazine.com...

No one has died from the radiation leaked at Fukushima. Amazing, when you consider the accident caused Germany to forswear nuclear power altogether, and anti-nuclear activists in every free country have been pushing their governments to follow suit.

edit on 19-9-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
No one is dying no one has died so far.

You say that now but they'll start dropping soon, I was surprised that nobody has died yet. In ten years, oh lord, 10 years.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

You say that now but they'll start dropping soon, I was surprised that nobody has died yet. In ten years, oh lord, 10 years.

You really need to watch this superb BBC documentary (all of the parts 1 hr long). It will enlighten you to the real situation of how the biggest danger comes from stress from the worries about the incident especially the people kept from their homes in the evacuation zones.Chernobyl was worse but even there very few people actually have died and its mostly been blown out of all proportion. More people suffering from alcoholism there due to worrying about getting ill.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

You really need to watch this superb BBC documentary (all of the parts 1 hr long). It will enlighten you to the real situation of how the biggest danger comes from stress from the worries about the incident especially the people kept from their homes in the evacuation zones.Chernobyl was worse but even there very few people actually have died and its mostly been blown out of all proportion. More people suffering from alcoholism there due to worrying about getting ill.

But the point was the Chernobyl is that they are alive and suffering, I'd rather be dead than be riddled with cancer and in pain. What the hell is wrong with you ?

Take your pick, some of those people out there are sick and still alive, having to suffer in pain every day. Good lord, and you pass me something from the beebs saying that everything is fine ? That doesn't work sweetheart, you're in denial, serious denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You know, i have many many friends in japan.. They seem to live on and the world keeps turning. Maybe you guys should stop buying into everything you read and ask people on the ground.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
You know, i have many many friends in japan.. They seem to live on and the world keeps turning. Maybe you guys should stop buying into everything you read and ask people on the ground.

Okay, number one I know folks in Japan too, Cherynobyl didn't start effecting anybody directly until five-ten years later, that is what nobody's looking at.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
They should start to clean it,
it is very clear where the Radiation is dangerously high.

The Government should collect this and store it for a long Time!

I remember after Tschernobyl our Town was constantly cleaned with a Street-machine
which collected all the Dust!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Possible death from radiation

I will guarantee, if this isn't from the radiation there will be deaths from it. Several people have been hit with dangerous amounts of radiation at the plant, and some people were even burned by it. There will be deaths due to the radiation. Just a matter of time.
edit on 19-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by tarifa37

Possible death from radiation

I will guarantee, if this isn't from the radiation there will be deaths from it. Several people have been hit with dangerous amounts of radiation at the plant, and some people were even burned by it. There will be deaths due to the radiation. Just a matter of time.
edit on 19-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

There was some article on the Fukushima kids having heart attacks, weakening heart muscles from radiation.

Expert: Already hearing reports of kids suffering heart attacks — Beware deadly cardiac problems in children caused by Fukushima radiation (VIDEO)
enenews.com... -video

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey
I don't feel that they are embellishing or over-dramatizing the situation but I do wish they had actually named/quoted the 'experts' alluded to in the video to add credibility.
They do have a named expert in the video, saying the biggest risk to the public is panic.

Even the other guy who maps the radiation hotspots shows a map, which they only show very briefly, did you see it?

Most of the dots in Tokyo are green which normally means safe. There's only one red dot on the entire map. That one spot may have a problem. If there's contaminated soil in that hotspot and you try to grow your own vegetables in that hotspot, it could be a problem. I don't doubt there are probably more hotspots like that, but that means people should test their soil before growing a garden. If it's contaminated they should get the contaminated soil replaced as part of the cleanup effort. I think that's what's warranted rather than wide-scale evacuation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

perhaps , but consider that most if not all of the 'official data' so far has been ( to say the least ) unreliable even as a truth substitute, and that most hot particles pass through human systems ( about 85% of the particles) so a much better and more accurate map of fukushima's effect on Tokyo is how radioactive is the sewage and run-off in the sewer systems :

enenews.com...

and this was taken in may ... fuku has not significantly released less now than then ( it has been on average ,consistently releasing the entire time ) so the accumulation must be quite great by this point.

the nasty bit is that corp types KNOW the invisible killer takes it's own sweet time to rack up a body count, but at levels like this a body count it will be , the industry and profiteers were successful at Chernobyl for decades, and so think they can slink from under fukushima also ... unfortunately (for everyone ) Fuku is so many orders of magnitude bigger it will be part of human endeavors for the rest of our existence as a race..or we will cease to be one .

I agree with the Op the possible need can ( and should have long ago )no longer be ignored by any responsible governing body...but as you say it will not happen , the band will keep playing as the titanic goes under , though in this case it is not out of acceptance to the unavoidable it is due to obstinate reality distortion

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

so...how's that "asking people on the ground" thing working out for you ( and them ) then ?....I mean now:may 2012, as the radiation counts in and around Honshu keep rising. have those many many friends banded together to protest the closing of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF JAPAN'S nuclear plants ? Or are voicing their opinions of how GREAT it is to live in Tokyo these days?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yeah this makes SO MUCH SENSE! I mean, forget radiation science, lets throw it out the window with the baby inside the tub as well. Radiation would never ever do long term damage. The notion of long term radiation effects are insane and unscientific!

Yeah so few people died from Chernobyl, it's just one big overblown disaster and plants melting down isn't really a big deal whatsoever.

It's just gotta be dat alcohol and emotions!
Radiation can't do that! Too weak.
We should ban all health radiation advisers because their positions are a waste of time... since radiation doesn't kill long term.

new topics

top topics

join