It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU's Barroso calls NATO campaign in Libya a 'moral duty'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

"Libya is very close to Europe, and when the leader is going to massacre his people, it created indignation," he said at the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg.

source

"We have a moral duty" to step in, he said.

Barroso appeared at the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg along with South Africa's last white president, FW De Klerk, who shared the Nobel Peace Prize with Mandela for ending the racist apartheid regime.

Really now so in this article that NATO campaign in Libya a 'moral duty'?
and cliams and even calls gaddafi and his regime the racist apartheid regime?

Oh really? what about the dirty rebels who are killing black african workers under the nonses of the western mainstream news networks eh? i guess the rebels arent racist eh? what a joke Barroso had no right to be with the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg.

Well then if NATO has moral duty on bombing countries to turn them into there side i guess the russians have a moral duty to save the European countries then dont you think so?.

And i guess it was moral duty for bush to take over iraq too eh? what a load of BS from the fat Barroso.

edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Let the ass covering begin! loll
2nd

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well then if NATO has moral duty on bombing countries to turn them into there side i guess the russians have a moral duty to save the European countries then dont you think so?.

And i guess it was moral duty for bush to take over iraq too eh? what a load of BS from the fat Barroso.

Isn't this pretty much the same reasoning that the Soviet Union DID use to invade Afghanistan?? I was a bit young to recall that one as a current event, but I seem to recall reading something about The Soviets crossing the border to assist and 'save' their Afghan brothers.

They eliminated the existing government, killed its leader and installed a proxy regime that Moscow then used as a cover for sending in "requested assistance" in the form of two ground force combat divisions with 25,000 troops. These troops were already entering Afghanistan when the "request" was made.

Source
Yup...Looks like about the same line of propaganda to me. NATO just comes under a different flag with a slightly different spin on the "justifications". It's still wrong.

join