It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2pac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
He's in new Guiness Book of World Records......that's right!

The Guinness Book Of World Records, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a special hardcover edition

Among the many entries in the book is a listing for the late great rapper,Tupac Shakur. Showing once again why he retains his icon status in the hip hop community and his icon status as the G.O.A.T. Rap artist of all time.The listing states �Biggest Selling Rap Artist, Tupac Shakur (36 million albums).

36 million albums, most are posthumous album releases.

R U Still Down? (Remember Me), a double CD of 24 songs selected from the over 150 unreleased works Tupac had recorded, sold over half a million copies and hit number five on the national pop charts in its first week of sales. It went triple platinum after that. Tupac�s mother Afeni Shakur has released six additional albums containing the unreleased music of her son, all of which were executive produced by Afeni Shakur. Record sales of Tupac�s posthumous albums have exceeded sales of 20 million worldwide, not to mention the underground albums and unofficial albums.

Truly Tupac is still a well love and widely sought after artist.

Larger in death than in life, his message is still as meaningful today as it was the day it was cut into wax; and the sales show that.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
One of the reasons why he was and still is my favorite rapper ever...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yep great rapper.

Old skool forever.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Dont meant any disrespect but i heard he was a fraud

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hows that Drunk???

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Tupac, Notrious BIG, God knows how long the list is...now you can add Ol' Dirty Bastard...

Tupac represents both why people love rap and why others despise it...I never really got into rap until a few years ago, but I have to admit that I really enjoy a lot of his original music over the "newer" stuff...It seems more raw and emotional - Granted there are exceptions...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Tupac, Notrious BIG, God knows how long the list is...now you can add Ol' Dirty Bastard...

Tupac represents both why people love rap and why others despise it...I never really got into rap until a few years ago, but I have to admit that I really enjoy a lot of his original music over the "newer" stuff...It seems more raw and emotional - Granted there are exceptions...

people are always more famous in death then in life. at least he won't have any more pain now that he passed away

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Hows that Drunk???

Well i just remember reading about it somewhere where mum said" Her never did anything violent now or in his childhood, he was never a bad boy" O.K those werent here exact words.

top topics

join