It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final push begins to head off Palestinian crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
so now its coming down to the line and the U.S. is finally being forced to voice our support for israel.

Source U.S. President Barack Obama is under pressure from Congress to back Israel's stance. Republican House speaker John Boehner told a Jewish group in Cincinnati on Sunday the U.S. commitment to Israel "should be stronger than it's ever been."

this large list of Dual Citizenship US/Israeli posted in A Timeline: Israel connection to 9/11 these people who hold government positions and are supposed to be representing the american opinion seemed to be bias toward Israel for a reason that still escapes me, from the quote above by John Boehner we are commuted to Israel?

here are the two sides of the standoff from the article.

The last round of the U.S.-backed talks between Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu collapsed nearly a year ago. The Palestinians pulled out after Israel declined to extend a partial moratorium on settlement building in the West Bank on land the Palestinians want for their state.
The Palestinians say they will not resume talks unless the moratorium is reinstated. Israel says talks should resume without preconditions but that it accepts the idea that the Palestinians should ultimately have their own state.

Israeli deputy foreign minister Danny Ayalon on Sunday told a Palestinian donors conference at the United Nations that Israel wanted to go on aiding Palestinian economic development, but that could change if the Palestinians declare a state.
"Future assistance and cooperation could be severely and irreparably compromised if the Palestinian leadership continues on its path of essentially acting in contravention of all signed agreements," he said.

Understandably the Palestinians want their homes safe from bulldozing, for this Israel is acting in Contravention of all signed agreements.
this however is not mentioned only that Israel should have our support.

This show has been going on for 20years now and I am just recently becoming very interested in what is unfolding, what is our interest in Israel and why do we support and commit ourselves to a country that does the same things other countries in the ME are being overthrown for by the us & U.N.

edit on 9/18/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
This show has been going on for 20years now and I am just recently becoming very interested in what is unfolding, what is our interest in Israel and why do we support and commit ourselves to a country that does the same things other countries in the ME are being overthrown for by the us & U.N.

I'm going to suggest three reasons why Israel is different than any other nation the U.S. deals with and it isn't about any conspiracies or zionist plots.

I think the largest one is that Israel is one of only a couple points in the world where the idea of war will never be a 1 on 1 proposition, but a regional conflagration. The prior wars have shown that fighting Israel with anything less than 3 nations combined is not likely to do anything but sharply reduce the Military forces of the attacking countries, so there is no such thing as a small war there. No want really wants millions dead if modern NBC weapons come into that kind of fight.

Second, Israel has traditionally been the closest nation in that whole region to American standards in everything from road design to level of medical treatment. Government is 'democratic' to the extent anything is, and unlike almost everything to the East of there, an American can leave the Embassy without being encased in armored transports. I believe it has always made Israel very important as a strategic area for all points east.

Last and by NO means least is the fact Israel is exceptionally dirty in how they fight. I don't necessarily fault them for that approach. After all, look at a map and Israel looks like little more than beach front to the nations around it. Defense in depth is simply a physical impossibility. However, I believe it also means that going against Israel or..being on the wrong side if Israel loses..might be downright hazardous to the health of every world leader who had a direct hand in it. That MUST weigh on the minds of U.S. Presidents both past and present who may not have particularly liked Israel, but practical realities just dictate a certain course to follow...right or wrong.

I'm like you, I started really putting time into learning the nuances and local angles of this issue fairly recently. It hasn't taken long to realize this vote may mean war though, and I think BOTH sides have gone so far in backing their positions right into their respective corners that there really isn't a way to turn this off at this point. Each side would lose all credibility and respect if they did because of how hard a stance they've each taken. It's tragic what may be about to happen...and not a thing anyone can really do to stop it this time.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good analysis! Lets hope cool heads prevail.

new topics

join