It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard something crazy on NPR..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
this is not an exact quote, and i cant even remember what show it was(i think it was All Things Considered)
but this guy was explaining why Palestinians getting statehood was a bad idea, he was speaking with a calm rational voice as if he were 100% sane and normal... but he said something along the lines of 'if Palestinians get their way on this then they will have the right/ability? to take Israel to court for what they have done...' along with a few other "rights" he believed would just "cause trouble"... and that having their own state would *GASP* make them happy, and they might *OH NO* join the Arab spring!.. and he thought it would be so much better for them to continue "negotiating"... as if that has got them anywhere for the last.. how many years now?... anywhere but kicked out of the west bank and murdered for coming too close or looking too menacing...

after hearing this i then spent the next 30 minutes screaming in my car.

please tell me, am i alone in the world? how do people go about their day saying things like this in what they claim to be a "free world"?

how can anyone actually get on the radio and say they think a whole group of human beings dont deserve the right to voice their grievances against another group?
how can someone think that one group has the right to a state, and damn everyone else to hell who has a problem with it, even those who want the very same thing?

i feel like i am in a lunatic asylum listening to a bunch of Napoleons...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Your first mistake was listening to anything on NPR.
It's about as honest and hard hitting as corporate sponsored PBS television is now.

NPR = National Propagandist Reptilians

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Faux News then instead?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

i take news from all sources.

its not a problem when you have your own mind.

plus i have nothing else to listen to in the car besides 30 classic rock stations with lame howard stern rip-off DJs (i live in the midwest)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

First, link plz. Second, you heard some crazy on npr? I'm shocked...really I am.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

a link to something i heard in the car several hours ago? lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

i take news from all sources.

its not a problem when you have your own mind.

Glad to hear that, some aren't so strong willed.

There is nothing but propaganda lies on talk radio, I refuse to pay for radio like XM, so what I do is I link my mp3 player to my car radio and listen to good music or lectures from YT transferred to mp3 format. Very inexpensive and reduces my road rage.
If I didn't have that in the car, I'd probably drive off a cliff.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

i just hit the off button and scream a lot.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Considering that NPR tends to be far to the left of even a place like CNN, it's moments like this where I get the distinct impression that there is no division the higher up the food chain you go.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

i take news from all sources. its not a problem when you have your own mind.

Good strategy. If only more people would do the same. Of course, the mind has to actually be able to process what it takes in, therein lies the problem for most people on this lovely planet.

edit on 18-9-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

yeah, my mind seems to have always been solid as a rock(i mean that in a good way, haha)

when i was a kid i just HAD to buy and read the so-called "satanic bible"... my religious grandmother nearly had a heart attack when she found it in my room(she cleaned our house for a while).

if i had never read it, i would have never realized how silly most of it is, and then i would be stuck with that fear mentality that trapped her in a false mindset.

once you realize no other human(or whatever else) ever really knows anything more than you do, that everything is just an opinion, you dont waste any time assuming they might have some advantage over you with some special hidden "truth" that you have to compensate for (by being an ignorant loud jerk most often it seems), and you can see them and what they stand for clearly for what they are... whatever they are.

or better yet, far less convoluted.. my favorite quote from Dune:
"fear is the mind-killer"
edit on 18-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is the link to the interview: www.npr.org...

Guest Aaron David Miller, former middle east adviser to both democrats and republicans, was outlining what HE thought would be the result of Palestinian statehood. Views NOT expressed by NPR. They were just the messenger.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

thank you very much for doing the work i was/am far too lazy for. lol

when does NPR ever really express a view though?

thats what im not really understanding from the people who are negative against it.. they are just a forum.. a forum for a lot of so-called (co-opted) "liberals" sure.. but i see it as a yin to fox news so-called (again co-opted, emphasis on "co.") conservative yang.

though, honestly, terry gross does often get on my nerves.

oh.. and ira glass with "this american life"... im as non-violent as a buddhist monk... but sometimes, in weaker moments, i really just want to punch him in the face.
edit on 18-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

NPR is the voicepiece for the U.S. liberal agenda, which in this administration is dictated by the President. So, it only makes sense NPR would parrot the President's agenda to kill any attempt at Palestinian statehood through the U.N. After years of liberal talk about the matter, 'they' are finally letting 'their' true colors be seen by all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

i hate the word "agenda"... people always throw it around like an insult.. as if they dont have their own.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I liken the Israeli position in the middle east to me moving in to someone elses house in a different part of town. One day, I just go over there, kick in the door, tell them to leave and move in. I don't care where they go, or what the neighbors think. And the neighbors are plenty mad too. They come over and yell and try knocking on the door, but I just come out with my brothers and beat em up. If the former owners of the home complain too loudly, I might kill them, kidnap their kids or tie em up in the garage.

I can get away with this because the police are on my side. They stand by and back me up while I run amok up and down the street. And I lie to the press about my terrible neighbors who hate me and want me dead because I don't worship the same God. They dutifully repeat my stories because I cry the loudest.

You are not crazy, man. This world is upside down right now, glad to see you see it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

SMELLS LIKE EZEKIEL 38-39 /WORLD WAR 3. IM READY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, ARE YOU?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

please tell me, am i alone in the world? how do people go about their day saying things like this in what they claim to be a "free world"?

how can anyone actually get on the radio and say they think a whole group of human beings dont deserve the right to voice their grievances against another group?

You aren't alone, just a member of the unrepresented minority.

The majority has been conditioned for decades to accept without question such bizarre non-historic myths like: "Israel has the only right to the land. Palestinians are trespassers." "Palestinians invaded Israel and stole their land and then lied about it" "Palestinian=terrorist". "There is no such thing as a Palestinian"

If that's not bad enough, the US Congress is spouting the same lines:

Congress Sees Middle East Through AIPAC-Colored Glasses
Ignoring history/denying reality: It was painful to listen to the whole hearing, but one particular lament of Congress was arguably the most offensive. "Ah, Israel has given up so much land, and done so much for peace. When are the Palestinians going to make some concessions and do anything at all for peace?", asked Cong. Rohrabacher, throwing up his hands in disgust. The Palestinians still want the right to return "so that they can destroy Israel," he added
. . .
Congress completely ignores the fact that thousands of acres of Palestinian land have been confiscated by the Israeli government to establish dozens of settlements and populate them with hundreds of thousands of Israeli settlers.

I actually heard something very similar this morning on NPR Weekend Edition. I think it was US Ambassador to Israel who used the term 'we' as in 'I and the rest of the Israel government'. Meaning of course that the US State Department is a branch of the Israeli government.

edit on 19-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

i hate the word "agenda"... people always throw it around like an insult.. as if they dont have their own.
Considering that Agendas are born from the Conclusions we make in life, darn near everything we do as the result of Reasoning is "Agendized". I'll continue to use it, while fully understanding that I have a real motive for pointing it out.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

SMELLS LIKE EZEKIEL 38-39 /WORLD WAR 3. IM READY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, ARE YOU?

If you love this war spoken of you better start a massive campaign to get Israel to remove the apartheid wall of separation. I'm afraid it's blocking the fulfillment of your desires.

EZE 38:11 You will say, "I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people--all of them living without walls and without gates and bars.

Quick, get the cameras rolling, be like Reagan, "Israel, remove this wall!"

ETA: Holy Moly! Look at this earthquake! Strong enough to be felt everywhere on Earth! What would that be 20.0 on the scale?

20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground.

You look forward to this kind of thing?
edit on 19-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join