It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At last, I have found the answer to existence!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have been searching for it all my life. I went from one religion to the next, from one philosophy to the next, then I decided that I will only rely on logic and reasoning and I will not appeal to emotion...

I did more research about how scientists can determine what a person will decide to do, before they actually do it, due to brain scans, and I had to admit to a scary truth. There is no free will, and it is just an illusion...

We are who we are (due to genetics and stuff which gives us preferences), and we have no free-will because we react to the things going on in our environment and learn from them. Our reactions are already predetermined based on our life experience thus far and how we are innately (genetics).

I decided that all things we meant to be as they are. There is no possible alternatives and whatever will happen in the future is the only thing that could have happened. Even I didn't have free-will in typing this because my life experience and who I am innately made me so much, want to share this with you all....

You may think that this isn't "MY" discovery, some people from long ago already understood this...

You may think that this is common-sense or flat out deny it,

but knowing such a thing is so easing. It's nice knowing that it was meant for me to do all that I've done, so my past mistakes were not really mistakes. It's nice to know that all of us are living in a harmony, even though some of us do not realize this due to genetics which breeds pessimism or negative life experiences...

At any rate, everything is in perfect order and because of this, I now choose to FREE myself of this search that I've been doing for philosophy, and spirituality, and God for so long, and I decide to just LIVE, knowing that all IS and will be OK because we are ALL playing our parts PERFECTLY in this cosmic order....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So what you are trying to say is you believe in fate?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It just makes me happy to see you happy...congrats in your findings.

Peace

edit on 18-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

One thing you can have faith in; is that you are going to die sooner or later.
That is a predetermined fact.

Another predetermined fact is that, as long as you are a part of this existing time line. There is no way you can escape it. You will take part in it one way or another. You might even have made some predetermined plans within that time line.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I have been searching for it all my life.

Has avatar of Nyan Cat. Probably no more that 28 and that is a REAL stretch.

I think you're very young and that you've got more time to learn.

Also, realize that things out of your control influence decisions made. I think in some ways you are correct, and in others you are not. A person is going to act a certain way based on upbringing/genetics etc. Then you have the other factors. Example would be being brought up a racist/being easily swayed into that type of thought and then having life saved by hero black person. Perception changes as does your life course. With one little interaction you realize that black people are just as wonderful as the rest of us, and hate dies because of an experience completely out of your control.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If your behavior is completely influenced by your environment then perhaps you can explain how one's environment determines their favorite color.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I have been searching for it all my life. I went from one religion to the next, from one philosophy to the next, then I decided that I will only rely on logic and reasoning and I will not appeal to emotion...

I did more research about how scientists can determine what a person will decide to do, before they actually do it, due to brain scans, and I had to admit to a scary truth. There is no free will, and it is just an illusion...

We are who we are (due to genetics and stuff which gives us preferences), and we have no free-will because we react to the things going on in our environment and learn from them. Our reactions are already predetermined based on our life experience thus far and how we are innately (genetics).

I decided that all things we meant to be as they are. There is no possible alternatives and whatever will happen in the future is the only thing that could have happened. Even I didn't have free-will in typing this because my life experience and who I am innately made me so much, want to share this with you all....

You may think that this isn't "MY" discovery, some people from long ago already understood this...

You may think that this is common-sense or flat out deny it,

but knowing such a thing is so easing. It's nice knowing that it was meant for me to do all that I've done, so my past mistakes were not really mistakes. It's nice to know that all of us are living in a harmony, even though some of us do not realize this due to genetics which breeds pessimism or negative life experiences...

At any rate, everything is in perfect order and because of this, I now choose to FREE myself of this search that I've been doing for philosophy, and spirituality, and God for so long, and I decide to just LIVE, knowing that all IS and will be OK because we are ALL playing our parts PERFECTLY in this cosmic order....

you know, as i was reading this, I also felt as peace as well.

how did you finally come at that conclusion if you had to explain in few sentences?
i kind of sense that it could be highly true....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I don't believe in anything. There is no purpose to existence. Further, existing can seem like a big fat waste of time. One does their best to be a good parent, friend, daughter, spouse and more. In the end it is all pretty meaningless. Children don't respect their parents and in 100 years most people will have forgotten you existed at all. So, why bother? Glad you found your purpose. Haven't found mine. No I am not suicidal or any of that stuff...just calling my spade the spade that it is.

Come on 2012, Eli nine, Niburu, Hopi blue star or whatever else fairy tale our race conjures up, Let's get this boring show spiced up a bit.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think someone's trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

And you'll never know for sure if you give up trying to find out.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Wow, so you been stalking me? Or maybe I am just ahead of the curve..... Anyways yes, the meaning of life is to live.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

As I agree with what you have written, I can Add Nothing...

S & F 4 U....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Some people have grown up in terrible envoirments and still ended up being succesfull. I think envoirnment is more of a influencing factor not deciding. I'm influenced every day to jump out my window but do i choose to do it? Not yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
People are misunderstanding. I didn't say that environment is the only thing that causes you to be in a certain way, of course there is genetics (you personality - who you are).

Who you are, in other words, how you respond to things + your environment which you can't control = predetermined response.

Even if you were born one way and then you have a life changing experience, that just means that the life changing experience was also preplanned and so was your new perspective.

It's sort of life how a movie character grow as time passes in the movie... but it is still ALL scripted....

To put it more simply, nature is the writer of the movie script and you are the actor(ess) who acts the role. Each character fits perfectly into the movie... it's a beautiful orchestration.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i just explained this same thing to a young lady last night!!!! i don't know how i came to this conclusion, but i did......she asked me how i got rid of my stress and i told her that it was due to how i view this reality now....but, i still am subject to this reality even though i had this revelation.....so, that being said, i still feel moments of down, especially since i'm homeless living in my car and have no job.......but for the most part, i know that everything is for a reason and it's prewritten, i could sit here and write a bunch of pages on the subject, but it isn't written for me to want to do that
there is something going on though because i've talked to others that are starting to see it now.....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm glad you feel at peace with your decision, however I believe you fell short of your goal.

The answer to the reason for our existence is not scripted.

The answer to the reason for our existence is to Love and spread Love and Peace, to create, to learn and take care of our planet. See... we lost this knowledge when man was corrupted by the fallen angels. When they taught man about destruction and war. We were not to know of these things.

So now we are on the path to global consciousness to improve man and the planet so we will be ready for the next dimension.

Once you achieve this enlightenment you will be ready to move on to the next "level" where you will be taught to create new universes and new life i.e. paradise.

Better get to work because there is alot of people that don't get it yet.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That is great news my friend, I love to hear of another person breaking through

Super fun times!!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i just explained this same thing to a young lady last night!!!! i don't know how i came to this conclusion, but i did......she asked me how i got rid of my stress and i told her that it was due to how i view this reality now....but, i still am subject to this reality even though i had this revelation.....so, that being said, i still feel moments of down, especially since i'm homeless living in my car and have no job.......but for the most part, i know that everything is for a reason and it's prewritten, i could sit here and write a bunch of pages on the subject, but it isn't written for me to want to do that
there is something going on though because i've talked to others that are starting to see it now.....

That is awesome, you are like the wise man in the movie which gives people knowledge when they are ready to hear it. It really is peaceful to know such things.

If I try my hardest and things work it, it's because it was this beautiful, fun, exciting, loving experience was scripting for me.

If I try my hardest and things don't work out, I didn't was my time because it was scripted for me to do that.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

At last, I have found the answer to existence!,

oh I don't know, existence has a habit of changing its answers from time to time. By the way what was the question?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I believe in some free will.As we work against our destiny are lives seem to fall apart...As we work with are pre designed lives are existence becomes easier, happier...This is the basics of what my 42years of search has
taught me.

top topics

join