It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA declares hay a pollutant [see UPDATE]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Ghost375

yeah sorry im not perfect never claim to be guess only certain types on here are allow to make typos

but hey lets make it an issue that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed

and that is government stupidity

I really don't care if people make typos, or spell their like ther.
But when you're calling people stupid with improper grammar, it only makes you look stupid.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

yeah look at all those harvard and yale graduates running this country dotting their i's and crossing their t's.

yes perfect grammar denotes super intelligence blah blah blah

hey dont like my spelling or grammar take it up with the department of education and throw a few more billion bucks that produce nothing but ignorance.

and again government stupidity just another symptom.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
the only reason any of this is occurring is because there inst enough friggen jobs for the LAWYERS, so they have to find a reason to exist....and this my friends is a FACT

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You have to understand that Progressives want to turn America into a full-blown communist country slowly. The easiest way to achieve that is to work to get private businesses abolished via bankruptcy. The big mega corporations are the frame work for turning America into a communist nation. Because once private business is toast all they have to do is nationalize the corporations and bam, instant communist state.

And then their are those who want to drive the little guy out of business so they can corner the market(those people will be used as a justification to nationalize corporations, a kind of Robber baron on steroids).

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It's like the lemonade stand thread all over again.

A large cattle rancher lies because the government caught him doing something detrimental to the environment and, ultimately, to society.

He lied. That doesn't seem to matter though, because the EPA is just a job-killer. It's unconstitutional and EVIL! We should always believe those that tell us the government is bad because, inherently, the government is bad.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
the only reason any of this is occurring is because there inst enough friggen jobs for the LAWYERS, so they have to find a reason to exist....and this my friends is a FACT

Yeh I think you may have something there.
Note: The wonderman of Europe is my avatar currently.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by Misoir

You have to understand that Progressives want to turn America into a full-blown communist country slowly. The easiest way to achieve that is to work to get private businesses abolished via bankruptcy. The big mega corporations are the frame work for turning America into a communist nation. Because once private business is toast all they have to do is nationalize the corporations and bam, instant communist state.

And then their are those who want to drive the little guy out of business so they can corner the market(those people will be used as a justification to nationalize corporations, a kind of Robber baron on steroids).

Very wel stated. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Has Monsanto been lobbying again for GMO corn? What other reason could the EPA have for this action? Surely those dummies don't think hay fever is really fever? You'd think they were busy enough with the bogus CO2 claims and the incandescant light bulbs. What they really should be doing is checking out the real toxic pollutant, the Corexit they got free out-of-lab testing from Gulf residents.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Ha. Small family farmer here. Just last week I scribbled on our dusty car, "Make Hay, Not War." hmmm. Guess I was onto something. EPA, pffffffffft. Effortlessly Painful Airheads? perhaps? I dunno, just a stab in the dark.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I'm glad someone pointed this out.

There's more info here:

www.treehugger.com...

Typical naturalnews BS

edit on 19/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by Misoir

I'd love to see the actual announcement from the EPA, and what they are actually planning.
This article is clearly propaganda, and includes very few facts. It was written to draw an emotional response. Whoever wrote it has a serious agenda. I'd like to see what the reason the EPA gives for this action, IF they even did(And I highly doubt it), not the reason the author gives.

It sounds like your supporting the EPA.

In light of EPA stupidity in the past, this story is actually quite believable.

Regardless, I am in an area where hay is a staple. Due to the drought here in Texas, we're going to Louisiana to get it. Average is 30-40 dollars per round bale. Here? Its about 120.

If this stuff goes through, I'll bloody sure give all yall a heads up.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Good for them, thank you for protecting us EPA, you're really looking out for humanity and our well being.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Flag and star, even if this is beyond words.
I still believe there should be a FacePalm emoticon, people.
For the EPA, it's pitchfork and torch time, and not for the foliage.
I really hope for our sakes that Tennesse bill gets some traction
nationwide-- our Federal Govenment needs it's Geritol cut off.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie
reply to post by Misoir

Flag and star, even if this is beyond words.

It's also simply not true.

www.cattlenetwork.com...

A lot big enough for 12.000 cattle ... real small farmer there!
edit on 19-9-2011 by narwahl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Another government agency trying to prove/show that they deserve to be there by creating problems that don’t exist. All this agency is doing is trying to provide evidence on why they should have jobs. After the thousands of useless regulations they have already put in place, they are running out of things to regulate, so their next target, hay. The stupidity baffles me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Another government agency trying to prove/show that they deserve to be there by creating problems that don’t exist.

No. It's another ridiculous attempt by big business to blame their regulators for their failures.

Originally posted by kellynap43
The stupidity baffles me.

Don't be too hard on your self. Reading isn't for everybody.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

Yes because those poor farming families are so big business and greedy. (Sarcasm) What is wrong with you? Most of them are just trying to run a small business. To live and survive. I can tell you are not from the Midwest. For a lot of people this is their livelihood. This is how they pay the bills and give back to America in the process. And, you need them! Without them you would starve to death. Do the math.

"Next time you have a thought, let it go." - Ron White

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Do they still teach any kind of science in school anymore, is this what happens when you teach "intelligent design"

Do you know that a tanker truck full of windex is a hamat? in small quantities in your house, no problem. A tanker full is an health hazard.

If humans were not here, imagine what the landscape is, millions of square miles of tough prairies grass.

But we mowed it all down, turned areas into massive feed lots which are a major problem themselves, and start growing hay to feed all the future macdonalds hamburgers.

So now we have millions of acres of a plant product that doesnt belong and sends debris into the air like nobodies business. That can have an affect on water, on human health, and weather. Now there are far more particulates in the air then is normal.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
this is almost as good as where the DEA says coc aine and meth are better than weed. our government its a few nuggets short of a happy meal. the sad part is that these obviously mental things are not even met with the slightest resistance from the public

First, They are NOT "a few nuggets short of a happy meal." They know exactly what They're doing. (Though I agree it makes as much sense as claiming the pariah plant is as bad as coc aine or heroin or meth. But then... The pariah plant threatens the profits of so many industries that the others do not, it makes PERFECT sense if One starts with the presumption that it is not truth that is being sought and acted upon, but any story that will protect profit.)

Most things are not met with resistance because

1) They are not publicized
2) They are hidden in other things like bills
3) There's little One can do but protest - and We DO see that happening
4) LOTS of disinfo is spread

If We could do more, it would be done. (In fact, We CAN do more, and I am working on that... Check out the links in My sig.)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

feed stock storage area was not controlled by waste retention structures.

Source

As far as I know, feed is not considered a waste product..... at least on a farm it isn't!

I believe that this is the portion that refers to "hay". If it is not referring to hay specifically, it is referring to livestock feed. Beef cattle are normally fed vegetable matter that is grown on farms...ie: grass, hay, silage, corn, etc.

Poisons, all of them, eh?

edit on 19-9-2011 by butcherguy because: To add.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join