It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Texas conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is about something strange I noticed a while back. I don't know if this is really a conspiracy or even hidden or not, but I've been wanting to get some feedback on it.

Back in March I moved my girlfriend and kids out of Texas to join me for my new job here in the Northwest. Flying into San Antonio I noticed that there are miles and miles of what appear to be new dirt roads, cul de sacs, and lots laid out for new housing developments.

What is strange about this is two things- first the location, which appeared to be in the middle of nowhere in west Texas, maybe south of Midland, and the size. This development seemed to stretch for dozens if not hundreds of miles.

I've never heard of anything like this, pre planning for miles and miles of housing. I don't know who would plan or fund this, the state? The area looked very dry and dusty too- even for Texas, and the only thing near this place seemed to be highways. Are they planning for all the republicans from the rest of the states to come here? Or a giant California exodus? Maybe they took that saying seriously about fitting the rest of the world into Texas? Are they trying to take over the congress by pumping up their numbers? What do you guys think?
edit on 18-9-2011 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When ELENIN hits on the 27th, it will take out a state, so those people, will have to move to texas.
edit on 18-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What do I think? I think you spend too much time on ATS no conspiracy here folks move along

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Likely cheap land. The only thing worth doing in West Texas is maybe some hunting.

If we do have an influx of MORE non Texans
, I hope they assimilate to our way of doing things.

Its bad enough that city people are moving to the rural areas.

Deer leases are outrageous because of these folks.

Oh well, if your friendly and have our mindset, come on in.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's simple business.

Land speculation and development by a company out of California.

Tax incentives for development of vacant land but the real goal is the mineral leases for future exploration of gas and oil.

Read the WSJ if you want to get in on the swag or better yet...www.ogfj.com...
edit on 18-9-2011 by whaaa because: o9o

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Maybe the roads are the remnants of old military training site or bases. I know there used to be quite a few in Texas back in the day.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by CB328

Likely cheap land. The only thing worth doing in West Texas is maybe some hunting.

If we do have an influx of MORE non Texans
, I hope they assimilate to our way of doing things.

Its bad enough that city people are moving to the rural areas.

Deer leases are outrageous because of these folks.

Oh well, if your friendly and have our mindset, come on in.

I agree.Probably some new subdivisions or something.
Come to Texas...where they execute the retarded!lol(from ron white)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I think what you are seeing are the oilfields. That is all that is out that way. I live 35 miles from Midland in Big Spring, and am familiar with what the oilfields look like from the air.

Were these "cul de sacs" densely placed, or kind of spread out a little?

Another option would be the wind farms. They get laid out the same way, and look like "cul de sacs" from the air. And we have tens of thousands of windmills in the Permian Basin right now. Talk about lucrative. 45k a year land lease, plus 3% annual royalty on production to the land owner. Lots of new millionaires in the areas landowners (mostly ranchers to the south of Midland, cotton farmers to the north).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is a wind farm from the air:

upload.wikimedia.org...

and this is the oilfield:

www.theamericanwestatrisk.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Oh lawd! Big fat furry is from Big Springs!

Dads side of the family is from Big Spring a couple generations back, but now we're all in Muleshoe.

Anyways back on topic. I completely agree with BFFT and say its either windmills or oil derricks. Probably oil derricks though bc they do more moving of the earth.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

I spent the day with a bunch of Muleshoe folks yesterday. The wifes family is from there. Perhaps you are her relative. And perhaps you were in Big Spring. Muleshoe isn't that big, and the family is large.

You managed to mention the only other town in Texas that is as exciting as Big Spring.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Fracking maybe?
The only maps I can find are on anti-fracking sites, but show the locations nonetheless.
ec.environmentalcountdown.org...
frackwatch.com...

edit on 18-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It looked kind of like the wind farm, but not as spread out and with definite cul de sacs. Also, it looked like it was all dirt, no cement or structures placed yet, but definitely planning for tons of houses. It could be speculation, as was suggested, but why would a company plan dozens of miles of development in a place most people would consider to barren or remote to want to live int?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It could have been a mining area, if not the housing market in Texas has taken a major down turn this year. So it is not unexpected that a developer could have run out of money and not finished the Phase 1-4 of their project. Coal mining in Texas is starting to pick up again, and some companies are even looking at abandoned mines for reopening.www.news-journal.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007

Dads side of the family is from Big Spring a couple generations back, but now we're all in Muleshoe.

Anyways back on topic. I completely agree with BFFT and say its either windmills or oil derricks. Probably oil derricks though bc they do more moving of the earth.

i broke down in Muleshoe once, my alternator belt broke. we slept in the van all night (a saturday night) only to wake up and find out that Gomer and Goober, the guys that owned the ONLY auto parts store in town, left a note on the door of said auto parts store that said "closed. gone fishing for the day." - we ended up finding a dollar general store in the middle of nowhereville and buying every pair of knee high nylon stockings they had... and using them as alternator belts for the next 70 miles til we found an open auto parts store in new Mexico. true story.

i also agree with you guys about the windmills or the oil fields. west texas is FULL of pumpjacks... heck, it is even the name of a band in midland. they have a song called "trailer park trash." again, true story

edit on 19-9-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I would say let them move to Texas, no big loss.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

We might throw in circular agricultural irrigation systems into the possibilities. They look pretty strange from the air.
But Chinese-like ghost towns in west Texas, nah!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Depending on how far south of Midland he is talking. If you get all the way to say, Garden City, you will find some cotton fields. Otherwise, it is all ranch land. Rugged and hilly the further south you get. Just slightly south of Midland is some housing, along the County Roads, etc. But it is not new, and well covered with trees.

I would expect it to be the groundwork for some windfarms. Those things are worth major bucks to landowners, creating loads of wealth for the area (and taxable land value). The PUC just this past year allowed the big lines to pull the power of the windmills we have had for years out of the area (it was locked up in legislative process) and WETT has been running the big lines down from some big substation up in the Lubbock area. The sheer size of the big lines going in are kind of saddening, as it is ruining the horizon (althought he windmills had already mostly done that).

Oil wells are not laid out in advance like that. Windmills are, and then they will truck in all the parts and put them p pretty quickly. First they usually put down the caliche roads, and set up the foundation for the pads.

new topics

top topics

join