It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to day dream and have the time of your life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dreams occur in the mind. It's not like you're going anywhere else at night. That means you have to understand that dreams can not affect things in the real world, they exist only in your mind, which is a good thing as you will soon see when it comes to the issue of morality.

The reason dreams are more vivid than day time imagination is because when you are sleeping you block out external stimuli. This means you must close your eyes and block out all interference if you expect your day dreams to be anywhere near as vivid as your night dreams.

The other key fact of dreams is how you aren't really aware of it being a dream. But how can you daydream and not realize you are daydreaming? The answer is to convince yourself that your daydream is real. So if you want to daydream about riding a motorcycle, pretend you really are riding, feel the wind, the speed, keep reminding yourself that it is real. This seems easy, and in fact all children do it naturally, using pretend and imagination. Sadly, it is only when we become adults that we are taught that "pretend" suddenly becomes "lying" and a sin. But, remember that dreams exist only in your mind, so even though you are lying to yourself, you are doing it only to yourself and so you are not harming anyone else in the process, and thus it is moral even though some religious groups may not think it is. In truth, your ability to imagine and daydream is directly proportional to your ability to lead yourself on

The best way to convince yourself your dream is real is by stop thinking of it as daydreaming but as something real, stop saying you are imagining things and believe, even know that these things are real. Because they are real in a mental-dream-like sense, and so all you need to do is take it to the next level and convince yourself that whatever you are imagining in your mind really is happening to you. Remember that you are the narrator and the main character, so you have to give a little to get a little. You need to create the scene and the drama, but then let yourself become what your mind is giving out until you feel like you are in that place and time, ready to do battle to save the world. Give yourself all the emotion and excitement that television and hollywood tries to sell you on. You don't need a movie screen, you have your mind's eye which is full sensory experience, unlike television which excludes smell, taste, and touch, leaving you with sight and sound, a 2 dimensional sensory perception for a 6 sensory person (5 senses plus the most important sense: you as the director).

So what is the real goal of this? Well one benefit is you get to do anything you hoped or wished to do, see anything you wanted to see, being limited only by your own sense of commitment to the dream. And, more importantly than that, you get the sensation of being in control, which is the real joy.

Now, eventually you have your fill, and the daydreaming becomes no longer enjoyable for the moment. But this is good, because you don't want to daydream your whole life away. It's useful when you're at some appointment, sitting in a chair, waiting for something you don't want to do, pretending to be reading a magazine you aren't interested in; making the boring parts of the day more fun.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I love to pretend in my mind. It keeps the brain active, the spirit childlike, and the heart light!

Thanks for this post

edit on 18-9-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Don't forget to bring your totem, you don't want to get trapped.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I can pull this off when sleeping, but doubt I could ever do this/achieve a true meditative state during the day. :-/ Life's too hectic. :-(

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i spent 10 hours day dreaming at work. its not too hard when you have no one to talk to but customers

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I do this all the time. Many times i end up laughing out loud on accident because I'm so involved in my day dream. I get a lot of funny looks from people.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
thanks for this post i love to day dream and get lost in my imagination

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Most skip past the imagination part and go directly to the video gaming, I know someone that practically lives and breathes "World of WarCraft". I have told him I swear he will just manifest into the game one day and no one will know where he went!

The WarCraft Rapture!

These people are plugged in and they are in the game!

top topics

join