It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Psychopath, does that make me a bad person?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by watchitburn

If you were clinically diagnosed you couldn't be active duty.

Things have changed a lot since PTSD has been given more research.

I have committed no crimes. How would I be disqualified?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. My spouse says he would drive over the person, back up, and drive over them again, over and over until they were dead. His reasoning was that it's a dog-eat-dog world.

I had asked him that after having twice in my life heard news of that happening. In fact, in both cases, the next ELEVEN cars did the same thing. Not the backing up bit; they simply drove over the injured women once each. This leads me to believe that psychopathy could be much more prevalent than acknowledged by statistics.

So, I just always wondered if it was just my spouse or other people with a similiar affliction.

I know about the DNA research and anxiously await the DNA therepy that will help my spouse now that they have located it in the genetic code.

Do you feel you are good or not good? Is your answer based on past behavior or on "feeling"?

Your nickname makes me wonder if you have an arsonist streak.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, If you were actually diagnosed a psychopath you could not serve. Especially scoring as high as you did. Was it the Hare checklist? If they say the medical docs (and I imagine they did) you would be denied.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...
Also suggested reading "the psychopath test" by Jon Ronson.

This is what I did my Abnormal Psych Thesis on.
edit on 18-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I am not concerned with arson. My user name implies that my intervention will not improve matters. I believe in letting humanity progress as it will.

What will be, will be. Sit back and watchitburn.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Fair enough.... I suppose the Military has a whole lot more than Infantry to do. I feel better knowing you sound like you have a job that is out of the areas where the personality traits you talk about could become real trouble. Of course, I suppose after the general liabilities following Ft Hood and your evaluation as you described it, they may have been unusually cooperative in letting you have a job best suited to your strengths?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Doesn't matter, If you were actually diagnosed a psychopath you could not serve. Especially scoring as high as you did. Was it the Hare checklist? If they say the medical docs (and I imagine they did) you would be denied.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...
Also suggested reading "the psychopath test" by Jon Ronson.

This is what I did my Abnormal Psych Thesis on.
edit on 18-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Well I have already been in over 10 years. My service has been exemplary.
A lack of remorse is not grounds for separation.

If they tried to kick me out I could claim discrimination.
If I were in charge I would kick me out.
As I said, things have changed a lot in the past few years. I am way ahead of my peers. I can not be removed without cause. There is none.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Fair enough.... I suppose the Military has a whole lot more than Infantry to do. I feel better knowing you sound like you have a job that is out of the areas where the personality traits you talk about could become real trouble. Of course, I suppose after the general liabilities following Ft Hood and your evaluation as you described it, they may have been unusually cooperative in letting you have a job best suited to your strengths?

It takes 5 years of training to replace me. I have been subject to rigorous background investigations. There is no reason to remove me from service.

I am an upstanding citizen, on paper, and that is all that is necessary.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

When was your test? How old were you? Do you know what checklist it was?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
So am I, other then having a few problems I'm alright. I have feelings too, I don't have to put a knife in somebody's back to prove I'm crazy.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

No, I do not feel sympathy for others. Everyone has the chance to make their own decisions.

No, I feel no remorse. Anyone I have "wronged" allowed themselves to be in that position.

I am currently active duty military.

Shocking.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

No, I do not feel sympathy for others. Everyone has the chance to make their own decisions.

No, I feel no remorse. Anyone I have "wronged" allowed themselves to be in that position.

I am currently active duty military.

Shocking.

For me, yes it's shocking for him; hell no he's in the military, what a bloody surprise ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The big question should be,

If you were really a psychopath, would you even care whether we thought you were a bad person or not?

By definition of psychopathy, you wouldn't really care how others view you and you wouldn't really be that concerned by a question such as the one you put forward. So why did you ask it?

edit on 19-9-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
seeing as the drug extasy (and their analogs) yields exactly what a psycopath is missing within their being.
have you tried it? what did it have any effect at all?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lieth

YES! Good question. I'd love to hear how a psychopath experiences ecstacy, or an acid trip in their own words.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
How sad ATS- a thread by a drunken troll seeking attention actually goes 4 pages??

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Contrary to popular belief, psychopaths do in fact have feelings. They are just not the same as you have. I get angry, but my anger is slow to burn and is easily extinguished

Um were you diagnosed by a real doctor or yourself?

Cause a psychopath has no emotion or empathy and is manipulative....

You don't sound like a psychopath unless you are using the manipulation to get sympathy

Anyway......I know someone who is straight up PSYCHOPATH and he is a horrible person and scares the crap out of me. He has a black aura and his eyes look empty.. So yea he is a bad person imo but I don't think all are bad no.

I am very intrigued by mental disorders only because I was diagnosed bi-polar/manic depressive about 6yrs ago but I'm fine now. (Yes I feel you can be cured of it, it IS a chemical imbalance). Anyway I did a lot of research personally on these disorders and many times i think people are labeled too quickly and tossed aside.

It seems the main trait of a psychopath is lack of emotion or empathy for others. IF you have empathy sweetie I doubt you are a psychopath.

Now were you diagnosed by a doctor or yourself?

edit on 9/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: haha train...wrong word!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

..I think you will see he was equally drunkenly called out for four pages.
edit on 19-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

From what you posted, you seem like you are actually quite "with it" and in fact have a lot of control over your state of mind and seem to empathise with people. Which is a bit odd for socio/psychopathic people.

I was diagnosed as a sociopath some years ago - I won't get into the reasons why I had to be. But the person (doctor) I saw said I "lacked the ability to empathise with other people" and don't see/appreciate the "emotional states others experience" during common situations. Thankfully, i don't have any real anger streak or seek to hurt or injure anyone.

I would say the only way you're a bad person is if you actively do things to hurt/infringe upon the well-being and freedoms of other people. Or animals. Which, you seemingly do not do.

edit on 19-9-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I was married to a psychopath, I scored him on the Hare Scale @ about 38 out of 40.

I agree esp with the person married to psychopath, to live with someone with this disorder is an eye opener. It is complex & pervasive.

Studies show that the amygdala is wider & more elongated in psychopaths than non psychopaths. Information passes quickly back & forth (side to side) in the brain, they are often highly intelligent but do not FEEL because of the rapidity of information passing back & forth.

He (ex h) is able to size people up quickly, though he is not able to understand them on an emotional or empathetic level. Therefore he cannot/does not maintain relationships longterm unless they are assisting him somehow. He connects in his own brain more like a computer with information passing back & forth rather than what would be considered normal where people feel & connect.

I believe he loved me, he loves his children & his siblings (family members). He cannnot maintain healthy relationships, he is easily irritated (argues) he lies when convenient or to get out of. Living with this man I would definitely describe it as serious as a mentally retarded person as to impulse control & functioning. He is a part of society however ex h is not equipped properly (biologically) to do so (socially/emotionally).

He is smart, would be considered attractive (though beauty is in the eyes of the beholder),
is skilled in various areas, can read people quickly. I think he is gifted in many areas.

I believe he DOES have a purpose on this earth spiritually. He has also hurt many people (including myself).
Psychopaths are usually highly intelligent people & are not alone ongoing (they claim to not need people but they are seldom alone lengths of time).

Ex husband is mentally ill without a doubt. I loved him with all of my heart & soul. But he is not able to maintain in relationships. His heart is good, I believe he does love, but he does not FEEL properly because his brain is not wired to do so. It's his BRAIN that is defective. not his heart. I think he will be in Heaven someday.
edit on 19-9-2011 by 0731JLVR because: edit

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

for those with religious beliefs, they may feel there are no bad people, just people who do bad things. God don't make junk.

but there are attention whores.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join