It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best 2012 Documentaries?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Looking to update my Documentary collection, and after realizing 2012 was a subject I don't know a great deal about I thought it was about time I learned a bit more.

What are some of the best, most relevant 2012 documentaries you've seen?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Start by reading through these

Wiki

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jsncrs

Or here.

and from wikipedia:

The History Channel has aired a handful of special series on doomsday that include analysis of 2012 theories, such as Decoding the Past (2005–2007), 2012, End of Days (2006), Last Days on Earth (2006), Seven Signs of the Apocalypse (2007), and Nostradamus 2012 (2008).[79] The Discovery Channel also aired 2012 Apocalypse in 2009, suggesting that massive solar storms, magnetic pole reversal, earthquakes, supervolcanoes, and other drastic natural events may occur in 2012.
edit on 18-9-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Watched this one yesterday, it was pretty interesting:

Docu

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
2012: A Time For Change, best one I have seen yet. It stars Daniel Pinchbeck who was recently on the Joe Rogan PodCast.

Here are the Joe Rogan PodCast links. Warning, vulgar language.

www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have watched all the ones that aired on the history & discovery channel that have been previously mentioned,2012: A Time For Change with daniel pinchbeck was half decent as well.

Here is a documentary that covers a good bit of information,I found it to be one the better ones available,in my opinion-

Rundown of what is included:

Part I -- THE HISTORY BEHIND 2012 -- How time changes consciousness, rare 26,000 yr occurrences, how the RCC ties into 2012, 11:11, solar maximum, 2011 vs 2012, acceleration of creation, the numbers behind 2012, time speeding up, transformation of consciousness, corruption of Gregorian calendar, other 2012 end dates, the New Earth, world chakras, time travelers and 2012, Schumann resonance, alchemy and our solar system, climate change, the photon belt, the I Ching, Mayan astrology, Galactic Alignment, Mayan obsession over time, the cycles of time, the end of a world age,timewave zero

Part 2 -- THE MAYAN CALENDAR EXPLAINED -- Ian Lungold thoroughly explains the levels of creation in the Mayan calendar

Part 3 -- CROP CIRCLES AND 2012 -- Daniel Pinchbeck, David Wilcock, Geoff Stray and Gregg Braden talk about crop circles and 2012

Part 4 -- FEAR AND 2012 -- The roots of terrorism, 911, social engineering, how the few control the many, Illuminati, RFID chips, love, fear and spirituality, vaccinations, aspartame, fluoride, GMO's and Monsanto, government propaganda, mind control, TV mind manipulation, ET help from above, neocons, fear mongering, consciousness and fear, Freemasons, ordo abchao (order out of chaos), 33 longitude and latitude, reduction of stress, the mind and illnesses, the gift of fear, fear and love vibrations,

Part 5 -- DNA UPGRADE? -- the DNA of love and fear, activation of DNA, phantom DNA effect, emotions and DNA, Fibonacci sequence, DNA upgrade, gratitude and DNA

Part 6 -- SPIRITUALITY AND 2012 -- negative prophecies will not occur, synchronicities and 2012, metaphysical phenomena, consciousness shapes reality, left brained versus right brained thinking, suppression of the feminine, spiritual transition of the psyche, seeking inner truth, repression of emotions, intention, how some people may get left behind, the Mandelbrot sequence, thoughts = manifestations, harmonic unity, the miracle of YOU.
Centering yourself spiritually, torsion fields and consciousness, the power of meditation, opening a channel to your higher self, following your intuition, the power of light, now is the time to expand your consciousness, time travel, expanded consciousness, listening to your heart, the end of a 26,000 year opportunity, research tools, the bottom line

As you can see,it has a little bit of everything.

They have included & updated new presentations/information since I last watched it from the looks of it,about 20 minutes,So keep that in mind if you do watch it & enjoy it,check back later down the road to see if anything relevant may have bee added.

This is more "spiritual/ascension" centered,compared to the usual doom & gloom.
I thought it was a great Documentary.
it has a lot of different perspectives and information to digest.

Although, I do not personally endorse or agree with everything that is presented in the the movie,
I do believe there are bits and pieces of the bigger puzzle to be found & there is a good bit of truth within,the rest is up to the individual to decide what they choose to believe and accept.

edit on 19-9-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
By best what are you expecting to see?

I would nominate several people for the worst mistakes, but Ian Xungold probably is the leader in mistakes although the Lucus videos might exceed Ian.

There could be other categories:
1. Goofiest claims
2. Most failed predictions

None of these are actually documentaries. They don't document anything. They tell tall tales and sell hoaxes.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
By best what are you expecting to see?

I would nominate several people for the worst mistakes, but Ian Xungold probably is the leader in mistakes although the Lucus videos might exceed Ian.

There could be other categories:
1. Goofiest claims
2. Most failed predictions

None of these are actually documentaries. They don't document anything. They tell tall tales and sell hoaxes.

best/best/
Adjective: Of the most excellent, effective, or desirable type or quality: "the best pitcher in the league"; "how to obtain the best results from your machine"; "her best black suit".
Adverb: To the highest degree; most: "the one we liked best".

doc·u·men·ta·ry/ˌdäkyəˈment(ə)rē/
Adjective: Consisting of official pieces of written, printed, or other matter.
Noun: A movie or a television or radio program that provides a factual record or report.

There you go sport.

And as for factual record or report...a record or report that has facts in it, would fit as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Since there are no 2012 videos meeting your definition of documentaries there can be no best.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Since there are no 2012 videos meeting your definition of documentaries there can be no best.

I assume you are dismissing this:

doc·u·men·ta·ry/ˌdäkyəˈment(ə)rē/ Adjective: Consisting of official pieces of written, printed, or other matter. Noun: A movie or a television or radio program that provides a factual record or report.

Factual record may be subject to debate. However, you are also assuming the OP wants to know about Nibiru. Maybe they are looking for any documentaries regarding the reason people fear 2012. Also, what you know to be "facts" about 2012 are, in fact, theories that have been spoon fed to you. Don't be too eager to swallow...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Also, what you know to be "facts" about 2012 are, in fact, theories that have been spoon fed to you. Don't be too eager to swallow...

That is another mistake. You are wrong.

There are no documentaries about 2012.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Also, what you know to be "facts" about 2012 are, in fact, theories that have been spoon fed to you. Don't be too eager to swallow...

That is another mistake. You are wrong.

There are no documentaries about 2012.

Can I quote you on that? Nevermind, I did already.

Try this one sport.

Edit: There are a list of other "documentaries" but they pretty much just say we are screwed...anyone can dig up one (1) scientist to back up what they say...the one that I linked to you, has both sides of the story.
edit on 23-9-2011 by superman2012 because: adding

Edit Part II: Here is another site with some funny documentaries.
edit on 23-9-2011 by superman2012 because: adding more

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

anyone can dig up one (1) scientist to back up what they say.

Digging up a charlatan is not hard. Why bother to label them a scientist?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

anyone can dig up one (1) scientist to back up what they say.

Digging up a charlatan is not hard. Why bother to label them a scientist?

Well, if he has the degree, and practices science, isn't he a scientist? Back on topic, all those I listed are documentaries. Not all are examples of a good documentary, but a documentary all the same.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Derrick J's Victimless Crime Spree!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

put mute lol
edit on 9/19/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

join