It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

First off, Lord really is LORD which was the replacement for YHWH, and as it is written the angel of the LORD appeared but it was the LORD who spoke when he came too close to the bush.
I am taking note of your nomination for the candidacy of best explanation of this apparent ambiguity.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Just exactly what you are doing.

And if you do not recognize Israel they you do not recognize the promise YHWH made to Abraham concerning his descendents and their legitimate claims to the Holy Land.

If you have a issue with the Jewish state by proxy you are anti-semitic.
OK, so how am I subverting Christianity?
Jesus was the fulfillment of the promise made to Abraham, that is in the New Testament. You seem to be setting forth two opposing choices; on one side, 1 modern "state" calling itself, Israel and on the other side, 2 Jesus. I go with the second choice.
Also you are making a geographical region an idol, calling it Holy Land.
There was a full complement of citizens in Palestine before the immigrants came to it, so it needed no more inhabitants there than what already was there, and those are who currently have the right to live there, the Palestinians. I have another thread on this topic if you would like to continue this discussion and you can post your argument there.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Since you love to quote wikipedia...

New antisemitism is the concept that a new form of antisemitism has developed in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, emanating simultaneously from the far-left, radical Islam, and the far-right, and tending to manifest itself as opposition to Zionism and the State of Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well, have a good time with that and it is just something which is a delusion in your own mind.
You apparently have a religion that believes Jesus was no fulfillment and nothing but a sacrificial animal to take your sins.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Well, have a good time with that and it is just something which is a delusion in your own mind.
You apparently have a religion that believes Jesus was no fulfillment and nothing but a sacrificial animal to take your sins.

I don't recall ever saying that,again you revert back to type, as soon as someone calls you out or paints you in a corner you lash out instead of admitting that you just might be wrong.

You stated you have not been to church in over 6 months, I say it is time to go back to purge all that kool-aid you have been drinking.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju

I don't recall ever saying that,again you revert back to type, as soon as someone calls you out or paints you in a corner you lash out instead of admitting that you just might be wrong.

You stated you have not been to church in over 6 months, I say it is time to go back to purge all that kool-aid you have been drinking.
Oh, no kidding, like calling someone an antisemite is something that just rolls out of your mouth with no regard? So any reaction from me is irrational? You are making direct and defined accusations against me and then pretend I am reacting to some hypothetical argument you made on this thread. You are the one who is delusional.
edit on 21-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Not I, I took my meds for today so I am fine,thanks for the concern, still does not change the fact that by your own statements, per definition, you are a anti-semite.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Words do not create meaning, meanings are nexus of associations born of the common context of the human experience. This is why human languages are translatable.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't see why it bothers you that people (again supposedly) mispronounce his name. I mean ''never use the lords name in vain'. So it would be a good thing to say it wrong when people are saying it as an expression of ''holy jesus wtf just happened?!''.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by the4thhorseman
We have the TRUE name of God. He has given it to us "I AM THAT I AM"...
That was just the angel who appeared to Moses saying that he was acting on his own behalf and not to be mistaken for the true God who he normally represented.

Please continue reading past verse 2. To see who was really talking to Moses.

2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.

3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”

4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.”

5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”

6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

Wait, So in this passage we see that "THE Angel of the Lord" is...

"GOD"?

Makes sense, because Jesus is God.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If there are no such persons, then you have no reason to be concerned, since according to you, this thread applies to no one.

So I take that as a "no"?

You refuse to provide any evidence anyone said this or believes this?

At least you're consistent.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

New antisemitism is the concept that a new form of antisemitism has developed in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, emanating simultaneously from the far-left, radical Islam, and the far-right, and tending to manifest itself as opposition to Zionism and the State of Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...

No use. Numerous people, myself included, have previously pointed out that this member hates Israel and is an anti-Semite.

His entire theology is dictated by this hatred. Which is absurd considering he serves a Jewish King.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

How is that any different than you? You think Jesus is dirt.

You claim He was the fulfillment of the everlasting land covenant.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Welcome to the "Dealing with JMD Club".

At least I know I'm not alone anymore. lol

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Oh, no kidding, like calling someone an antisemite is something that just rolls out of your mouth with no regard? So any reaction from me is irrational? You are making direct and defined accusations against me and then pretend I am reacting to some hypothetical argument you made on this thread. You are the one who is delusional.

No, he's correct, you're an anti-Semite. Numerous people have told you this in many threads.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

en.wikipedia.org...

No use. Numerous people, myself included, have previously pointed out that this member hates Israel and is an anti-Semite.

His entire theology is dictated by this hatred. Which is absurd considering he serves a Jewish King.

No, my acts here is to expose the OP for what he is to others on here so they can read this and see how he shoots himself in the foot all the time and to make them aware of the false and misleading doctrine that he tries to pass on.

If the OP does not want to admit to his sins that is fine, it is between him and God/YHWH/I AM/Jehovah/Yahweh when he stands before the almighty and has to give a account of himself and his actions. I have given up on him since the second page of this thread.

Beware these false teachings my brothers and sisters and please pray for the OP so he may truly see the light.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

. . .God/YHWH/I AM/Jehovah/Yahweh . . the almighty. . .
I will be "standing before" my judge, Jesus.
This sort of goes along with what this thread inevitably was going to arrive at, which is the question, "who is your God?" I pointed out to the4thhorseman that Moses had a God who satisfied his need, which was to be a Messiah for his biological relatives (he asked leave of his clan leader, by marriage, to return to Egypt to see if any of his relations were still alive). There came about through the partnership between Moses and the "Talking about Himself" god, an Administration of Law which stood until the time of the ministry of John the Baptist. Then began a new Administration of Law and a new covenant with a new lawgiver. This is Jesus who was like Moses, where he had a relationship with his God, but the whole partnership is a level higher than the old one, where Jesus was on the same level as the "Talking about Himself" god, as far as power goes, but superior in moral character, where he freely spoke of the Highest God, while the former person seems to have left that part of the conversation out. This God, who Jesus spoke of, is infinitely glorious to where no man has ever seen him, nor can they, where even the covering cherub have to hold their wings to cover their eyes. This is who I consider to be my God, the God and Father of Jesus.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

New antisemitism
A political ploy to stifle criticism of Israel
Norman Finkelstein argues that organizations such as the Anti-Defamation League have brought forward charges of new antisemitism at various intervals since the 1970s, "not to fight antisemitism but rather to exploit the historical suffering of Jews in order to immunize Israel against criticism".[26] He writes that most evidence purporting to show a new antisemitism has been taken from organizations that are linked in some way to Israel, or that have "a material stake in inflating the findings of anti-Semitism," and that some antisemitic incidents reported in recent years either did not occur or were misidentified.[27] As an example of the misuse of the term "antisemitism," he cites the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia's 2003 report, which included displays of the Palestinian flag, support for the PLO, and the comparisons between Israel and apartheid-era South Africa in its list of antisemitic activities and beliefs.[28]

Finkelstein concerns himself with political issues. This is a religious thread, therefore I will apply the "New antisemitism" to religion, specifically Christianity.

Since certain Christian sects and cults and movements consider the worldly, physical, corrupt, and violent political entity known as the State of Israel to be some holy fulfillment of prophecy. These "Christians" place corrupt government on an equal par with Jesus as being holy. Thus these "Christians" serve anti-Christ as substitute for Christ.

Moreover, in service to their master, they call real Christians (who have no regard for earthly Zion) anti-semitic.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Which is absurd considering he serves a Jewish King.
Funny you would say that, considering how previously you have said Jesus has yet to mount his throne (my terminology).
You may want to clarify your position on this but this is the understanding I took away from your discourses on the Throne of David. You seem to push it all off into the future while mixing in some eschatology that is suggestive of a new Messiah.
edit on 21-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

I don't see why it bothers you that people (again supposedly) mispronounce his name. I mean ''never use the lords name in vain'. So it would be a good thing to say it wrong when people are saying it as an expression of ''holy jesus wtf just happened?!''.
People are taught by the promoters of this practice to do it intentionally, so it is not a mispronouncing but a deliberate pronouncing in a way previously unknown to the student. Then there is attached to the new word, a meaning the student did not previously know, and one not taught in the New Testament.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join