It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by endgame211
I don't know, but it sure worked for me.

I'm normally a skeptic, but when you see things like that, it kinda changes your opinion.
I am so happy for you that you have chosen the side of light and now have forsaken the darkness.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What? No, maybe try again.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hebrew was spoken primarily by the scribes, teachers of the law, Pharisees, and Sadducees, the “religious elite.” Hebrew was likely often read in the synagogues, so most people were probably able to speak and understand some Hebrew.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
My Bible says "Jesus", does yours ?
Do you watch movies or hear stories where demons are cast out in the name of Jesus?
Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed?

Well if you go back to the language the original word was written in you get the name, but everyone and everything has to be translated for the people who are reading it.

It would not be wrong to call Juan, John for instance if you are English speaking...it is the SAME word. The words were translated in the days after Jesus also for God made the people speak different languages right.

I am not a believer in any religion myself but this is how it seems reasonable to answer you, to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
YVHV is the Hebrew designation for God because it is their belief that saying the name of Yahweh is prohibited. It is not Jesus' name. Jesus is more correctly Yeshua basically because there was no letter "J" in that language at the time of Jesus(which is the English translation of his name. I do not see the problem
This makes no sense to me and maybe why I hold the opinion that I do.
Yahweh and Yeshua are not the same thing. If there was some prohibition to say the one, then that could be an argument for it not being included in the New Testament, but the second as far as I know was a common name that people could have so there is no reason why it could not have been included if it really was his name.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Do you watch movies or hear stories where demons are cast out in the name of Jesus?
Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed?

The name of God in the Bible is the representation of His character. God is infinity so His character is infinite. When we take on the name of God (or Jesus), we take on His character in faith. By taking the name of the Lord in vain, we take on the name without reflecting the character. The symbol used for the character is not nearly as important as knowing what the name represents. For instance:

YHWH is the name that is original to the Bible for LORD or God. Yehweh (YHWH) is Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey. These four letters of the Hebrew aleph-bet represent symbols derived from the pre-linguistic form of the Hebrew language. Pictographs (ideograms) of ancient Hebrew derive from the ancient Pheonecian. Yod is the tent peg. Vav is the hand. Hey means behold a great work. Put them together and you get "Behold the hand, behold the nail." This name of God represent His great work and character to save mankind from their fallen spirit. LINK

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
But Jesus proper name is Yeshua in the original hebrew. Jesus is the greek form so if you want to be technical about it, we are the ones who are pronouncing and spelling it wrong.

actually the Greek used is Iesous - there was no letter "J" in Greek

actually wasn't a "J" in English until the middle ages

hmmmm - the name 'jesus' fits in well with the illuminati sun worshippers and all the pagan religions that date back to include, zues, apollo, diana, artemis, baal, typhon, osiris, isis - the saturn-ic mystery cults etc

those who would seek to bring about a nwo actually

of course the name jesus suits the mystery babylon and the beast and false prophet very well, and you have been conditioned to use that name instead of the correct name, which is part of their intended deception and to get you to bow down to the image of the beast

Ya'shuah or Ye'shuah is the same word as is pronounced by us as "joshua" and the name of our saviour is also seen as Yahoshuah or Yeho'shuah - the name means, "YHWH is salvation"

when the bible says there is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved, this name is what is being referred to, not the name 'jesus'

a bit of study can assist you in understanding this - no one should just pick up a bible in english and assume it is the correct translation

time does not permit to go into the deeper meanings of Hebrew but there are plenty of websites out there you can start to look at to educate yourself

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

But Jesus proper name is Yeshua in the original hebrew. Jesus is the greek form so if you want to be technical about it, we are the ones who are pronouncing and spelling it wrong.
Hebrew was already a dead language in the time of Jesus and preserved by scholars in the schools of Babylon.

AGAIN,

How is hebrew a dead language when it is spoken by millions today?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018

What? No, maybe try again.
To the people who wrote the Old Testament, anything higher than an ordinary person was called a god.
The New Testament writers used a different standard and thought of only the one God, who is the Father of Jesus, as being God.
So, in the New Testament, the person in Sinai that they (OT) called a god, is demoted to angel status.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

great stuff - may it not fall on

un hearing ears

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Where for the love of God does this exist at all in the NT?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is stupid. What is in your heart is what matters, its belief. Do you think that if you pray sincerely to him, God cares what name you use? No, if your prayers are sincere, he hears them. When I pray I simply call him Father.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Well if you go back to the language the original word was written in you get the name, but everyone and everything has to be translated for the people who are reading it.

It would not be wrong to call Juan, John for instance if you are English speaking...it is the SAME word. The words were translated in the days after Jesus also for God made the people speak different languages right.

I am not a believer in any religion myself but this is how it seems reasonable to answer you, to me.
I get the basic concept, such as if you were to read a Spanish Bible, it would say, Jesus, which is actually practically how it would be pronounced in the original Greek but just not quite so harsh on the fist syllable.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Seroulsy, this is so not the way to bring people to Christ. I feel like I am listening to how many angels can fit on a pin! Seriously... as a Christian.. I dunno what to say... this seems really really legalistic!
New International Version (©1984)
But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royalkin
This is stupid. What is in your heart is what matters, its belief. Do you think that if you pray sincerely to him, God cares what name you use? No, if your prayers are sincere, he hears them. When I pray I simply call him Father.

I used to think that - until I educated myself - as none of the churchians will educate anyone

it is quite important - every time you say 'jesus' you are giving glory to zeus

especially as we draw near to the days of the one world govt and the religion they will push on you

which religion will use terms like 'christ' (from christos in greek which means 'annointed one') which they will twist to include the matreya their new age super guru

'jesus was a christ and so is the new matreya' they will say - the christ spirit came upon him like a dove blah blah

be careful how you hear - thats what Ye'shuah said

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

Ya'shuah or Ye'shuah is the same word as is pronounced by us as "joshua" and the name of our saviour is also seen as Yahoshuah or Yeho'shuah - the name means, "YHWH is salvation"

when the bible says there is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved, this name is what is being referred to, not the name 'jesus'
All the ambiguity could have been eliminated by the New Testament writers just saying Joshua.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

AGAIN,

How is hebrew a dead language when it is spoken by millions today?
They just invented a language based on the old one.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Where for the love of God does this exist at all in the NT?
Do a word search in the New Testament for "angel".

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royalkin
Good for you.
You may not be one of the people I said would go to hell.
The Yahweh people are not like that, what you described, but worship the angel of desolation, which is where they will go.
edit on 18-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join