It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Interesting how you assume I was talking about you.

We both know you were.

To pretend otherwise is a deception. God hates liars JM. (Proverbs 6:16-19)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by WarminIndy

reply to post by WarminIndy

Are you promoting Oneness Doctrine?
I added more comments to the post you are replying to, so you might want to take a look at that.

edit on 19-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I did look at it. And no, I am not a Sacred Name Only person. I said that I say Jesus.

I however do not dissuade anyone saying Jesus according to their own language. wiki.answers.com...

I never once said that you had to say Jesus in Hebrew. If people want to then that is ok. No matter your language, there is a way to say Jesus because English is not the only language. That does not mean that it is another Jesus.

2Neka vam je milost i mir od Boga Oca i od Gospodina Isusa Krista.

The Bible in Swedish

Jézus Krisztusnak, Dávid fiának, Ábrahám fiának nemzetségérõl való könyv.

The Bible in Hungarian

Ko te pukapuka o te whakapapa o Ihu Karaiti, tama a Rawiri, tama a Aperahama.

The same passage, Matthew 1 in Maori

Oooops, looks like you're going to Hell.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Let's say for a moment that He is what I say He is, then that makes Him literal and what He is going to do is very literal. If you say that all of that is metaphorical, then you could also say Jesus Himself is metaphorical. You would not do that, so you must believe there is something so real in what He will do that you are deeply afraid of it.
Jesus is not even in Revelation so it doesn't matter if every tiny bit of Revelation is metaphorical because it does not affect Jesus in the slightest.
Don't be projecting your own feeling onto me.
I am not afraid and have no reason to feel that way.
If you want to worship the god of evil, then accept it for what it is.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I know that you are probably trained to believe everyone else is brainwashed so go on thinking it. But everything I have posted to you is truth. I posted many scriptures to support my theology. I said outrightly what I believe in, my theology was not hid from you, however, you hid yours. I am a Trinitarian Pentecostal that has prayed to God since I was very young.
What I was told in church a long time ago is that people generally suffer from a sort of spiritual inertia (my terminology) where they don't like to accept any new ideas even if they may be true and they realize they are true, because it is easier on them in life if they do not rock the boat.
That is a historical perspective on why change was so slow. Right now we live in freedom (If we don't live in a Muslim country or Israel) to where our beliefs don't impact our social lives so much, so it allows a lot of fluidity in thought. I take full advantage of it by allowing my beliefs to change as I gain further understanding.
So I don't know what beliefs I am keeping hidden. I started a thread about the church I belong to so that is not secret. But whatever I learned in church, I went beyond all that forty five years ago so it is ancient history to me and I do my own independent study and base what I think on that. So there is no secret cult or anything of the kind. What I was saying about the covenant is my understanding of the entire New Testament and has nothing to do with what a single person I know of thinks.
I spelled it out in my other post, there are two facts: 1 Jesus is the second Adam. 2 Jesus abolished and created covenants with his blood. Jesus, to do this, to me, had to be a god, and he had to be a man. Part of dying, as a god, that would make sense to me, would be to first become a man. Amazingly, you can find all this in the Bible, so I don't have to go reading any other book to come up with all of this.
I am interested in your reading and study and relationship with Jesus. What specifically did Jesus directly tell you, things that he said were fundamental facts you can depend on, from which to build your understanding of God and salvation and life and death.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My head gets flippin dizzy just from thinking about 19 pages of bickering.

What about his new name for those who know it? Is it your opinion they are going to hell? And what happens if his new name just so happens to be a hebrew name? Or just two hebrew letters?

Where does that leave your little theory?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I think what you mean is that my statement is an oxymoron. I guess I live with it, if I am going to support the usage of the New Testament, since it says, the will of the Father is to believe in the Son. I get your point and can imagine how it may not work for you and you have your own sense of integrity I have to respect.

I wasn't making a point. I was agreeing with you that Christians should definitely say, "Jesus is Lord". I wouldn't say "Jesus is cur**d" though. Some pretender to godhood may have tried to make it so, but failed.

Christians seem so into having the proper words in the proper order
!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

What about his new name for those who know it? Is it your opinion they are going to hell? And what happens if his new name just so happens to be a hebrew name? Or just two hebrew letters?

My little theory is a little theory and has only a limited usage.
It is directed to a few people who are able to take warning.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Sorry, I guess I was reading between the lines when there was nothing there.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Now you say that that there is no Hebrew version of the NT.

Are you really reading what you write?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

My little theory is a little theory and has only a limited usage.
It is directed to a few people who are able to take warning.

Really? That many going to hell? I sort of figured Jesus was given us some heavy clues, when five of the ten virgins, make it inside before he shuts the door. Then there is two people sleeping in a bed - one taken, one left. Two walking in the field - one taken, one left. Two women grinding meal - again, one taken, one left.

I think he was trying to tell us something, but hey, what do I know?

edit on 19-9-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It's almost kinda like we've never had this conversation before. "THE" angel of the Lord is an OT identifier for per-incarnate appearances of Jesus Christ. This occurs dozens of times in the OT.

And of course Jesus isn't the Father, no one said He is. Jesus is the Son, the Father is the Father.
Do you have dreams that tell you these things? Or are you just reading things into it that are not there? Or did you read it on a blog and liked it because it suited your fancy? Or did your leader tell you to believe it?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju

Now you say that that there is no Hebrew version of the NT.
Are you really reading what you write?
My point is that you are throwing out hypotheticals to trip up my warning against messing around in words to replace the words found in the Bible.
This is all it is, not me barring the door to heaven.
I am just a person and do not hold the keys to heaven and hell so it does not matter even if there are loop holes.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

If you have an opinion, go ahead and say what it is, I am not going to guess.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Let's say for a moment that He is what I say He is, then that makes Him literal and what He is going to do is very literal. If you say that all of that is metaphorical, then you could also say Jesus Himself is metaphorical. You would not do that, so you must believe there is something so real in what He will do that you are deeply afraid of it.
Jesus is not even in Revelation so it doesn't matter if every tiny bit of Revelation is metaphorical because it does not affect Jesus in the slightest.

The title of the book is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"

If you don't think Jesus is anywhere in Revelation you're grossly mistaken, the entire book is about the revealing of Him.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

It's almost kinda like we've never had this conversation before. "THE" angel of the Lord is an OT identifier for per-incarnate appearances of Jesus Christ. This occurs dozens of times in the OT.

And of course Jesus isn't the Father, no one said He is. Jesus is the Son, the Father is the Father.
Do you have dreams that tell you these things? Or are you just reading things into it that are not there? Or did you read it on a blog and liked it because it suited your fancy? Or did your leader tell you to believe it?

D: None of the above

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If you don't think Jesus is anywhere in Revelation you're grossly mistaken, the entire book is about the revealing of Him.

Easy now, telling him the Jesus was the one who gave John that book may have him go in conniptions

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Easy now, telling him the Jesus was the one who gave John that book may have him go in conniptions

Should I not bring up Revelation 22:13-16?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by pthena

Even if the first pretends to rejoice in Jesus, usually using a name that really means 'Yahweh, giver of law, is my only master'
If you don't mind me borrowing part of your post here.
I would like to use this quote to illustrate why I think we need to obey God in the New Testament to say, "Jesus is Lord".
If you use the Hebrew name, you are actually saying Jesus is not your Lord, but you are the servant of the Lord of Hosts who commands death and utter destruction.
Saying that Hebrew name causes you to be inviting the spirit of hate into your soul.

You have got to be kidding. Christ is the Lord of Hosts, or God of the angels. In Joshua 5 it's Him leading the battle at Jericho.

The only thing I "hate" in life is liver and water chestnuts.

God the Son is calling himself "Commander of the army of the LORD?" There is good reason that person in Joshua 5 is thought to be the Archangel Michael.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No, I am not mistaken, Jesus is not a character in Revelation.
It is the revelation that came from Jesus giving directions to angels to tell John things which would happen.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Should I not bring up Revelation 22:13-16?

lost cause, remember not all who cry LORD LORD will be heard, this poor soul if he continues at this rate will be one of them. truly sad

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join