It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

What God was they all referring to?
How many Gods do you think are in Heaven?
Apparently you think there were a few. You are asking this question for a reason, and I imagine from the earlier part of your post, that you intend to prove Jesus is God, thus making a multitude of Gods, am I correct?

ETA: after re-reading your post, it seems I was wrong and what you mean is, like NOTurTYPICAL, that Jesus is the person in the Old Testament, murdering millions of Moabites and Canaanites, and, apparently the same person who (again referring to the likes of NOTurTYPICAL) will murder 6 billion people in the not distant future.

Considering all this, your use of Yeshua (or whatever) in place of, Jesus, is only logical and fits your religion of hate and death.
edit on 19-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by jmdewey60

If you don't mind me borrowing part of your post here.
I would like to use this quote to illustrate why I think we need to obey God in the New Testament to say, "Jesus is Lord".

Feel free.I think 'Lord' is very much the same as master. Can't really have two masters.
I think what you mean is that my statement is an oxymoron. I guess I live with it, if I am going to support the usage of the New Testament, since it says, the will of the Father is to believe in the Son. I get your point and can imagine how it may not work for you and you have your own sense of integrity I have to respect.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Interesting how you assume I was talking about you.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Apparently you think there were a few. You are asking this question for a reason, and I imagine from the earlier part of your post, that you intend to prove Jesus is God, thus making a multitude of Gods, am I correct?

Didn't Thomas say "My Lord and my god"? Are you promoting Oneness Doctrine? What I mean is the Jesus Only church. I have relatives who are Oneness and some who are snake handlers so I won't argue with you on that. I know my uncle who is a preacher said in church one time that when the voice spoke out of heaven saying "This is my beloved Son, hear ye Him", it was Jesus throwing His voice.

1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

I think another poster put that in also. But the word here says these three agree IN one. These three are united. They are three separate things each with their own chemical bonding, substance and signature. They are not the same thing and yet they agree IN one. When we of the Arminianism theology full accept that the three here represent the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, each with their own distinct personality, purpose and function, and yet they all are one in agreement, purpose and function. The Son is God but He is also flesh, the Father is God and He is spirit and the Holy Ghost is spirit but also a flame of fire.

How do you believe Jesus ascended into heaven back to the Father? He ascended bodily, and if He ascended bodily and sits at the right hand of the Father, he does so bodily and will return bodily. When I say bodily, I mean with flesh.

"Those who cannot say that Christ is come in the flesh is of an anti-Christ spirit." When that was written, Jesus was already ascended and this was written after that, so why does it say come instead of came? Will you say that is a mistake in the KJV? No it is not a mistake. The anti-Christ spirit was already in the world at the time this was written. Jesus issued from the Father because He and the Father are united in agreement and substance. Even you before you were conceived, the substance that became you issued from your father. Our God did not have to have sex though to accomplish the conception of Jesus Christ. The Bible says that God overshadowed Mary and it was through the Holy Ghost that Jesus of the flesh was conceived.

There are not multiple gods, there is one God who is the Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost. I don't want to argue with you on modalism or Jesus Only. If you can't understand that Jesus ascended back to the Father as flesh then you won't understand anything I will say.

Remember that on the cross, Jesus gave UP the ghost. He died as flesh, He resurrected as flesh and He ascended as flesh.

As another poster also said "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God".

Genesis 1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, and the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the waters and said "Let there be light, and there was light".

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

"And he shall be called Immanuel, God with us."

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

THAT is the God I am talking about. The three in one.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Isn't it a sin to believe and then not believe? (Not attacking those who no longer believe, just going by Orthodoxy of Christianity.)
Consider who the writer is, the one infamous for daring to talk about faith without works being dead. He is talking about works. The whole chapter is on works and this is the conclusion. It would be strange to imagine him switching topics right then.

I forgot that was a post on a different subject. Sorry about that one. You were not the one who introduced predestination. Please forgive my error on that
I have some recollection of that discussion and these things are hard enough to keep track of when they are going on. Don't worry about offending me or anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Considering all this, your use of Yeshua (or whatever) in place of, Jesus, is only logical and fits your religion of hate and death.

Did you not read my posts where I said I call Him Jesus? And yes, one day He is coming back to destroy the world. I can't change it, I can't argue with Him and I can't change His mind on that.

Revelation 19:16 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Really that sounds terrible. But I can't change it.
edit on 9/19/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Are you promoting Oneness Doctrine?
I added more comments to the post you are replying to, so you might want to take a look at that.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
He's a made up person anyway. So you could call him Donut, Pepsi, Milk, Haystack or Beeble if you'd like.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I added more comments to the post you are replying to, so you might want to take a look at that.

I did look at it. And no, I am not a Sacred Name Only person. I said that I say Jesus.

I however do not dissuade anyone saying Jesus according to their own language. wiki.answers.com...

I never once said that you had to say Jesus in Hebrew. If people want to then that is ok. No matter your language, there is a way to say Jesus because English is not the only language. That does not mean that it is another Jesus.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Did you not read my posts where I said I call Him Jesus? And yes, one day He is coming back to destroy the world. I can't change it, I can't argue with Him and I can't change His mind on that.

Revelation 19:16 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Sorry, was having a problem sorting out what you were getting at. I am glad you did not get into what I consider dangerous.
What I think is that Jesus ended the Old Covenant and had to be a god in order to be able to do that.
He had to become a man in order to die.
Whatever god qualities he had previously, he emptied himself of, so as to put himself on an equality to the people he was to represent. He was able to live without sin and so takes his place as the Second Adam, while at the same time gave his blood to break the blood oath that we are now redeemed from.
I don't think Jesus is, or was, an angel and was something that was the closest thing to God there could be.
I believe that Jesus gave up being whatever sort of god he was, since I have to think that it would have been in the terms of the contract that he ended. The covenant ends, the god breaking the covenant dies. As a result of his loss of godhood, and being human, the rest of the humans are saved. So there was an infinite sacrifice by Jesus because the affects last on him, forever.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

I did look at it. And no, I am not a Sacred Name Only person. I said that I say Jesus.

I however do not dissuade anyone saying Jesus according to their own language. wiki.answers.com...

I never once said that you had to say Jesus in Hebrew. If people want to then that is ok. No matter your language, there is a way to say Jesus because English is not the only language. That does not mean that it is another Jesus.

2Neka vam je milost i mir od Boga Oca i od Gospodina Isusa Krista.

The Bible in Swedish

Jézus Krisztusnak, Dávid fiának, Ábrahám fiának nemzetségérõl való könyv.

The Bible in Hungarian

Ko te pukapuka o te whakapapa o Ihu Karaiti, tama a Rawiri, tama a Aperahama.

The same passage, Matthew 1 in Maori

edit on 9/19/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

OK, Sorry. I got mixed up for a minute, looking at your post and seeing it look identical to what NOTurTYPICAL was saying.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sorry, was having a problem sorting out what you were getting at. I am glad you did not get into what I consider dangerous.
What I think is that Jesus ended the Old Covenant and had to be a god in order to be able to do that.
He had to become a man in order to die.
Whatever god qualities he had previously, he emptied himself of, so as to put himself on an equality to the people he was to represent. He was able to live without sin and so takes his place as the Second Adam, while at the same time gave his blood to break the blood oath that we are now redeemed from.
I don't think Jesus is, or was, an angel and was something that was the closest thing to God there could be.
I believe that Jesus gave up being whatever sort of god he was, since I have to think that it would have been in the terms of the contract that he ended. The covenant ends, the god breaking the covenant dies. As a result of his loss of godhood, and being human, the rest of the humans are saved. So there was an infinite sacrifice by Jesus because the affects last on him, forever.

Jesus was not a god, Jesus IS God because He is part of God, He is in God and He agrees in unity with God. Jesus came in the flesh as an infant because that was the Grand Purpose designed by God. Jesus is more than good, He is divine because His divinity is because He is God, He is the Son.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
He's a made up person anyway. So you could call him Donut, Pepsi, Milk, Haystack or Beeble if you'd like.
What if someone decided the real name of Jesus was, "I Command You to Kill Everyone Who does not Worship Me"
Do you think that would make you feel comfortable knowing all your neighbors believe in that god?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Jesus was not a god, Jesus IS God because He is part of God, He is in God and He agrees in unity with God. Jesus came in the flesh as an infant because that was the Grand Purpose designed by God. Jesus is more than good, He is divine because His divinity is because He is God, He is the Son.
Try to think about that without all the brain washing, and see if it really makes any sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Wooo, scary!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yes you can.
This is all figures and portents, images with metaphorical meanings.
What is the sword? Truth, the word of God. Why is it coming from this person's mouth?
It is the pure church going forth to fight ignorance and lies.
This is not Jesus, and they are not armed for physical combat.
Jesus is not a murderer.
He is only in your mind when you let people tell you what these figures mean.
Jesus is love and life, not hate and death.
People want him to be because they hate and they kill.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Try to think about that without all the brain washing, and see if it really makes any sense.

I know Jesus myself through my own relationship in prayer I spend with Him, the reading of my Bible on my own and the many hours on contemplation of God. It is possible to have a relationship with God and know who Jesus is outside of the church building.

Were you ever in my house to see my praying on my own by myself? Were you ever in my house to see me read my Bible on my own by myself? I have a long history of relationship with MY God through MY Holy Ghost who teaches me about MY Jesus. I don't watch TBN. I don't send my money to ministers. I don't need someone else to tell me how to think about God when I am well capable of doing that on my own.

I know that you are probably trained to believe everyone else is brainwashed so go on thinking it. But everything I have posted to you is truth. I posted many scriptures to support my theology. I said outrightly what I believe in, my theology was not hid from you, however, you hid yours. I am a Trinitarian Pentecostal that has prayed to God since I was very young.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yes you can.
This is all figures and portents, images with metaphorical meanings.
What is the sword? Truth, the word of God. Why is it coming from this person's mouth?
It is the pure church going forth to fight ignorance and lies.
This is not Jesus, and they are not armed for physical combat.
Jesus is not a murderer.
He is only in your mind when you let people tell you what these figures mean.
Jesus is love and life, not hate and death.
People want him to be because they hate and they kill.

Let's say for a moment that He is what I say He is, then that makes Him literal and what He is going to do is very literal. If you say that all of that is metaphorical, then you could also say Jesus Himself is metaphorical. You would not do that, so you must believe there is something so real in what He will do that you are deeply afraid of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well, isn't that just funny, that I would just be making up that there are such people who teach that the "real" name of Jesus is some Aramaic or Hebrew name and that the Bible is wrong.

You're 100% wrong, and virtually everyone here is telling you the same thing. His name is Jesus. It's also Iseus. It's Yahshua.
God's name is YHWH. Jesus is God's manifestation in flesh. Yahshua = YAH saves. You refuse to deal with this fact. His translated name, since we do have a "J" sound in English would be "Joshua". Whatever name people use for the Son of God it's still His life, death, and resurrection that delivers us.
It still comes down to, I have the Bible, and you have speculation.
That is not God's name, it is something an angel said in response to a request for its name, so even if it was a name, it was of the angel, not God. The angel was talking about itself. It said, In the past I have appeared to your fathers, as one form of God and name, but now I am appearing to you as myself, who I am.
And, Jesus is not the Father. Jesus is a man who was pointed out and given a sort of anointing by The Baptist and given the Holy Spirit and declared to be, The Son, by a thunderous voice from heaven, taken by some to have been God, Himself.

It's almost kinda like we've never had this conversation before. "THE" angel of the Lord is an OT identifier for per-incarnate appearances of Jesus Christ. This occurs dozens of times in the OT.

And of course Jesus isn't the Father, no one said He is. Jesus is the Son, the Father is the Father.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join