It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This Why Libyans Cant Rise Up Against The Rebels

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
warning graphic content, of rebels beating dead people
link source 1


As soon as the protests started, Islamists and criminals immediately took advantage of the situation in order to attack high-security prisons outside Benghazi where their comrades were being held. Following the liberation of their leaders, the rebellion attacked police stations and public buildings. The residents of the city woke up to see the corpses of policemen hanging from bridges. Numerous atrocities were likewise committed against African workers, who have all been treated as "mercenaries." African workers were expelled, murdered, imprisoned, and tortured.



source 2


So as in the text says the moment that libyans start to rise up against them Islamists and criminals immediately took advantage of the situation in order to attack high-security prisons outside Benghazi, that explians why there were a few handfull of rebel libyans welcoming david cameron and nicolas sarkozy in Benghazi earlier this week.


libyans are too scared of the rebels and NATO thats why i believe they cant rise up against the rebels. So this whom John McCain says are his heroes.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


Anyway to verify who the sources who took the videos are, who they work for, and anything to place the videos into context to relate it to yout topic?



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


They were taken on july 2 in benghazi by a libyan the user lives in libya, i respect the guy who has been doing this and even reportting it he was risking his life.




who they work for


sounds to me you still love the rebels eh? typical
even after these videos?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


They were taken on july 2 in benghazi by a libyan the user lives in libya, i respect the guy who has been doing this and even reportting it he was risking his life.




who they work for


sounds to me you still love the rebels eh? typical
even after these videos?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)


Thanks for the info.. What I meant though is the video, while showing graphic footage, doesnt put it in context as to where the video was taken, when it was taken, who the dead guy is, why he was killed, how he was captured etc etc etc.

Thats what I meant by placing it in context.


Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
sounds to me you still love the rebels eh? typical
even after these videos?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)


All this time and you still havent learned a thing have you? I asked for the info to research it. At no point did I argue their validity or even challenge your assertion now did I?

Are you that insecure when people aks for more information to research something that you attack them perosnally instead of providing the info. Contrary to the way things work in some parts of the world, we aren't jusst going to take somthing at face value when we are able to check the story to verify facts and validity.

Now, care to provide the other info? or are you sticking with a freind of mine whom i repsect story?

Edit to add -
nevermind, Got the info I needed

LibyaSoS -0 Youtube Channel

the video you submitted above, the hanging dude, is from february 2011.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 




while showing graphic footage, doesnt put it in context as to where the video was taken, when it was taken, who the dead guy is, why he was killed, how he was captured etc etc etc.


The Video was uploaded on July 2 so i assume the footage was taken on the first.





why he was killed

Did you even read the quote?



The residents of the city woke up to see the corpses of policemen hanging from bridges. Numerous atrocities were likewise committed against African workers, who have all been treated as "mercenaries." African workers were expelled, murdered, imprisoned, and tortured.


The Rebels killed libyan police officers and other libyan citzens in othe area anyone trying to rise up agaisnt there role.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


The first video, according to the LibyaSoS channel it is attached to, is from February 2011. It was uploaded to the channel on the date you provided. Yes, I read the commentary attached to it. I find it suspect no comments are allowed. One would think if they are wanting to report on attrocities, they would allow people to cmment to share more info on the topic.

either way its sad.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
warning graphic content, of rebels beating dead people
link source 1


As soon as the protests started, Islamists and criminals immediately took advantage of the situation in order to attack high-security prisons outside Benghazi where their comrades were being held. Following the liberation of their leaders, the rebellion attacked police stations and public buildings. The residents of the city woke up to see the corpses of policemen hanging from bridges. Numerous atrocities were likewise committed against African workers, who have all been treated as "mercenaries." African workers were expelled, murdered, imprisoned, and tortured.



source 2


So as in the text says the moment that libyans start to rise up against them Islamists and criminals immediately took advantage of the situation in order to attack high-security prisons outside Benghazi, that explians why there were a few handfull of rebel libyans welcoming david cameron and nicolas sarkozy in Benghazi earlier this week.


libyans are too scared of the rebels and NATO thats why i believe they cant rise up against the rebels. So this whom John McCain says are his heroes.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)


Yar, gotta love the hypocrisy. Just because some asshole senator in the U.S. government says these hoodlums are "heroes" doesnt mean they are. Alot of people thought Hitler, Mussolini and Joeseph Stalin were heroes too, until the screaming, dying and mass genocides started.

NATO is in bed with a viper and i'm going to laugh my ass off when these islamic extremists, win this "civil war" and then go back to blowing up non-islam controlled countries, because you know thats exactly whats going to happen (glad i live in a rural area where no muslims want to live). Democracy doesnt work in Islam, it never has and it never will because the muslims refuse to co-exist with other religions, its their way or you lose your head.

Indeed its hard to try to defend your country from invaders when they just drop bombs on you and don't give a damn to talk to you face to face to find out who you are and what you believe. Thats the equivalent of some ordinary Joe walking up to Obama and then he pulls out a pistol and shoots him in the face and then bends down to loot poor Joe's pockets pockets.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
.... when they just drop bombs on you and don't give a damn to talk to you face to face to find out who you are and what you believe.


Im sorry, are you describing NATO here, or Islam?

Its hard to deteremine I know.. Maybe we should ask people who were in WTC on 09/11 to see how many people there had a sit down, face to face, with Islam, prior to being killed.

Why do you and others find it so hard to beleive rebels could over throw a government, namely the Libyan? Its documented through human history, and only seems to be challenegded when the perosn complaining is on the loosing side.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
.... when they just drop bombs on you and don't give a damn to talk to you face to face to find out who you are and what you believe.


Im sorry, are you describing NATO here, or Islam?

Its hard to deteremine I know.. Maybe we should ask people who were in WTC on 09/11 to see how many people there had a sit down, face to face, with Islam, prior to being killed.

Why do you and others find it so hard to beleive rebels could over throw a government, namely the Libyan? Its documented through human history, and only seems to be challenegded when the perosn complaining is on the loosing side.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)


Because left to their own devices they were shooting their rifles into the air and hooting and hollaring like primatives. They had no organization and they were shooting civilians in the streets and firing into public transportation buses indiscrimately and killing innocent people. They didn't bother to distinguish between who was a loyalist and who was a rebel they just shot anyone they saw that wasnt with them.

If NATO hadn't took out Qaddafi's air support most likely these goat herders with guns would all be dead by now. not saying i supported their dictator in anyway, i just don't approve of some asshole with a rifle spraying bullets into random crowds of people like a villain in a comic book.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


The designation of the people randomly firing into crowds is suspect for the fact its difficult to tell what side they are on. Just because they are indiscriminately shooting into unarmed members of the public dioesnt make them rebels. If you remeber, the reason the UN got invovled in the first place is because of the manner in which government forces were attacking civilians.

Syria is doing the same thing, and they have no issues blaming "rebels" even though media shows a different story. There is enough videos on youtube that shows government forces attacking / killing civilians.

Before we delve into a back and forth, it happens - on both sides. Trying to claim the moral high ground while attacking the position of the rebels is counter productive.

If Ghaddafi was as benevolent as people make him out to be, then why did his people rise up against him? And before blaming the West, research that question for the answer.




top topics



 
3

log in

join