It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auxiliary Bishop of Hamburg: Christians should support the construction of mosques

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Source

Translated to English:

Bishop Jaschke thinks: "We Christians support the construction of beautiful mosques" "I think it conceivable that Christians the Muslims make a gift to the opening of a new mosque"

Hamburg (kath.net/KNA) who has Hamburg Bishop Hans-Jochen Jaschke is the construction of new mosques in Germany favour. At the same time he called on Christians to support the opening of such works symbolically. «I think it conceivable that Christians make a gift to Muslims to the opening of a new mosque - as a sign of sympathy, good neighbourliness and the interconnectedness of religious», said the representative of the German Bishops Conference for interreligious dialogue of appearing in Hamburg newspaper «The world» (Saturday).

Around a table with a verse from the Bible and the Qur'an is possible. The money for a gift could be collected with a collection in the churches, the Bishop said. "We Christians support the construction of beautiful mosques," so the Bishop. People need to feel that faith with beauty and culture have to do. Jaschke warned at the same time, that of mosques in the Islamic parallel worlds with arise from the city of post-Yugoslav infrastructure.

“The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers….” - Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Prime Minister of Turkey

I have a great suggestion for what should be the two verses from the Bible and Qur'an. How about Mattew 7:15 and Qur'an 98:6? Maybe it is just me but those two would make a real impact in my opinion.

People I am sure you can tell my sentiments by this point without me becoming a target by further elaborating upon this subject. What are your thoughts?

edit on 9/18/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The bishop is a blithering idiot.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
seems that bishop needs to gather his flock and ask them to find his backbone, if he ever had one, what is it with these Lutheran/Protestant clergy?

join