It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaked out Northern Territory driver tail-gated by UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I'll finish it for you:

Officer: "Sir, have you been drinking?"
ET: "Click, gurgle, click click, gurgle, gurgle"
Officer: "I'll take that as a yes, I'm takin' you in"
ET: *Holds out his 6 arms to be cuffed*
Officer: "Hmmm... this isn't going to work...."
Officer: ...
Officer: "Stop resisting!"
ET: ???
Officer: "Stop resisting! STOP RESISTING!"
Officer: *unloads clip*

Handcuff problem solved.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Min Min lights or swamp gas or jack'lantern elsewhere:

www.theozfiles.com...

They are an australian phenomena.

I like the way he sped up, 120km/h at 3.30 am on a rural road in Australia pre occupied with a light chasing him and he sped up, smaking his forehead saying no no no no no no no no. Its no wonder there are so many deaths on the long straight unwinding roads.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Some guys in a control room at Pine Gap are still probably bent over double laughing.In all seriousness though this is a place with extreme temperatures and highly metallic ores in places and unexplained phenomena like min min lights and ball lightning occur he could of been freaked by some natural occurence.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Probably min-min lights.

en.wikipedia.org...

My parents saw them 35 years ago in outback queensland.

Song written by iconic Australian country & western singer Slim Dusty

edit on 18-9-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Actually, the reason people die in car accidents on straight country roads at night, is because they fall asleep. One of the major killers on country roads is fatigue, mainly caused by Australia's ridiculously low speed limits.

Another phenom experienced by driving at night /dark times in remote country areas with long straight roads, is that perception of distance, altitude etc disappear and make judgement of where you are, sometimes difficult.

No doubt, the light he was seeing behind him was probably a truck/semi many miles away.

Trucks in that part of the outback, travel up to 100mph, even tho they are "Supposed" to be governed to 60mph.
They are also fitted with a huge array of spotlights/driving lights for those dark lonely roads.
The increase in intensity of the light behind him, was obviously the semi turning on his driving lights. For miles away, they blink and twinkle like a ufo, and his perception while looking in the rearview mirror into the pitch black behind him is distorted. What he thinks may be flying along, is just the lights of the following vehicle.

How do I know this,, Ive experienced it Many times, driving in the pitch black outback. Lights are easily distorted, cars you think are just infront of you, coming toward you, are often miles and miles away, but you think they are near you because of their hibeam.

Australia, and North American ( Africa, Sth America,Russia), drivers who travel great distances in the wide open areas at night, are well aware of this phenom. Its hard to explain to city dwellers or probably European drivers, who have a village/town every 5 miles.
In Aust, maybe USA, you can drive for hours, out there, and not see another vehicle.

Its easy also, to get a little freaked when your by yourself, in a car....the mind starts playing tricks, especially at 3.30am.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
shoulda gave that ufo a break check, stop in the middle of the road, say " wtf you want some of this b!$#h, then tap his alien a$$ out, effin armbar him

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Dude, they were probably just wanting directions to the nearest Pub. Australia is huge and dark at night, who can blame them for being lost.
OR:
Did the thingy make a sound like WupWupWup while it chased you out of there? You know it's posted no hunting right? What were you doing there at 3 in the morning?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
there are at least a couple of explanations

- local chopper leaves the sheep station as they had run out of beer - sees this bloke out on the road heading away from the pub - which is the only place you would be heading from at 330am - and flies over to scan for beer with a massive spot light

since he had no beer they left him in piece

- bloke walks out of his home in Tennant creek to fix the light on the outhouse - he steps on a bandicoot, and in th ensuing confusion he drops his torch which inadvertantly lodges in the throat of the bandicoot - which runs away

it just so happened a wedge tail eagle was flying by and saw the bandicoot, swooped down and clutched it in his claws then took off to fly back to the nest - as he was flying home he just happened to fly abaove and behind a bloke who left the pub at 330am and was looking in his mirror as he drove at 120kmh down the deserted highway

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
Min Min lights or swamp gas or jack'lantern elsewhere:

www.theozfiles.com...

They are an australian phenomena.

I like the way he sped up, 120km/h at 3.30 am on a rural road in Australia pre occupied with a light chasing him and he sped up, smaking his forehead saying no no no no no no no no. Its no wonder there are so many deaths on the long straight unwinding roads.

yes the Min Min lights. I think every interstate trucky has seen them at some point as well as others. My mother and some friends in a car saw them in her younger days in the 50's and took them for what they were.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
there are at least a couple of explanations

- local chopper leaves the sheep station as they had run out of beer - sees this bloke out on the road heading away from the pub - which is the only place you would be heading from at 330am - and flies over to scan for beer with a massive spot light

since he had no beer they left him in piece

- bloke walks out of his home in Tennant creek to fix the light on the outhouse - he steps on a bandicoot, and in th ensuing confusion he drops his torch which inadvertantly lodges in the throat of the bandicoot - which runs away

it just so happened a wedge tail eagle was flying by and saw the bandicoot, swooped down and clutched it in his claws then took off to fly back to the nest - as he was flying home he just happened to fly abaove and behind a bloke who left the pub at 330am and was looking in his mirror as he drove at 120kmh down the deserted highway

There's more chance of that than it being aliens.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Why is it always rednecks or hicks, who see UFO's?
Im just saying, i believe in aliens, but im guessing the reasons they get hillbillys, to "report" them, is to spread a dis info campaign against UFO's.

How do you know this guy was a redneck or a hick?
Why does he have to be one or the other? Because he was in a remote part of the country? Why can't he be a simple, average person?

This happened in Australia, not America btw.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
why do you think he's a red neck or hick?

most brightest

edit on 19-9-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Why is it always rednecks or hicks, who see UFO's?
Im just saying, i believe in aliens, but im guessing the reasons they get hillbillys, to "report" them, is to spread a dis info campaign against UFO's.

What makes you think he was a hillbilly?
You cant apply American stereotypes to other countries.
Your average Australian country person is civilised, well educated and worldly.
The language used by this man is pretty common throughout all social strata.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I'll finish it for you:

Officer: "Sir, have you been drinking?"
ET: "Click, gurgle, click click, gurgle, gurgle"
Officer: "I'll take that as a yes, I'm takin' you in"
ET: *Holds out his 6 arms to be cuffed*
Officer: "Hmmm... this isn't going to work...."
Officer: ...
Officer: "Stop resisting!"
Officer: "Stop resisting! STOP RESISTING!"
Officer: *unloads clip*

Handcuff problem solved.

Only if it was a Victorian cop...
A N.T cop would have let him go with a warning.
A Queensland cop would have asked for a bribe.
A N.S.W cop would have made some insulting remarks and locked him up for a few hours with no charges.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
I read the post and immediately knew what I would have done.

-=Brake Lights=-

That'll teach 'em.

After the UFO crashes in the back, try to explain the accident to the car insurance people...I am sure they will get a kick out of the story,,,that'll teach you!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Here are a couple of visuals compliments of Google Earth and Stellarium.

Unfortunately ATS image uploads are currently disabled so I cant embed them directly into the thread.

Geographical location of Tennant Creek, Au.

Local Tennant Creek Geography

Google Streetview capture looking north on Stuart Highway (87) 120 km south of Tennant Creek, Au.

The FOV of the following composites is roughly 70 degrees and should be an accurate representation of the northern Tennant Creek sky at 4:30 am local time .

Google Earth Streetview/Stellarium composite for 9/18

Google Earth Streetview/Stellarium composite for 9/11

Notice the star Capella at -.05 magnitude and Jupiter at -2.63.

I cant say with any certainty what the gentleman in the article saw or did not see but it wouldn't be the first time ( and not the last ) that somebody mistook an astronomical object for something fantastic.

It may be that somebody was having a bit of fun but my guess is this is a prime candidate to invoke Occam's Razor and I doubt there are many IFR qualified rotary wing Aussie cropduster burning expensive aviation fuel 2 hours before sunrise to torment some poor sod for half an hour.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: sp

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
I read the post and immediately knew what I would have done.

-=Brake Lights=-

That'll teach 'em.

Stick your rear fogs on that really makes them pull back.

Found the footage seem the ufo was after the car in front

edit on 19-9-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Well.. then hook us up with the term for a honkey Australian. I know you have one.

Is it Bogan? I think I heard that somewhere.

Use it in a sentence? Ok.

"Crikey! That Bogan was trying to root that neddie!"
edit on 19-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Freaked out Northern Territory driver tail-gated by UFO

www.theau stralian.com.au

The man, who wished to be identified only as Aiden, was an hour south of Tennant Creek on his way to Melbourne when he noticed a bright light following him closely, the Katherine Times reported.

Aiden said he had left Tennant Creek at about 3.30am (CST).

"About an hour after I had set off I looked in my side mirror and noticed a light behind me," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Probably a drug enforcement or customs helicopter checking out the truck with infra-red to make sure there were no drugs/illegals in the back who have just been smuggled in from Singapore via boat in Darwin.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I grew up in a shearing family and you know what? I can't think of a name city slickers gave us except country bumpkin...my school mates used to say that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join