It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaked out Northern Territory driver tail-gated by UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Freaked out Northern Territory driver tail-gated by UFO

www.theau stralian.com.au

The man, who wished to be identified only as Aiden, was an hour south of Tennant Creek on his way to Melbourne when he noticed a bright light following him closely, the Katherine Times reported.

Aiden said he had left Tennant Creek at about 3.30am (CST).

"About an hour after I had set off I looked in my side mirror and noticed a light behind me," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The natural instinct is to say, "You stupid idiot, it was just a truck with high beams on!"

He thought nothing of it, believing it was another car - but the light got brighter.

"I thought 'geez, they must be driving fast' as I was doing 120km/h," he said.

"When I looked again after a few minutes the light was really bright but it was in the bloody sky."

Aiden said he started to freak out when he noticed the light was not coming from another car or truck.

"I put the foot down a bit more," he said. "Then I looked back again and this time the light was huge and the most brightest light I had ever seen.

I enjoy tales like this. unfortunately it doesn't help the cause being in a remote area with a single eye witness, but hey, it changed his life!

www.theau stralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Do your job police! Pull over that UFO!

Sheesh, it was probably an alien DWI.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
He probably has more under his memories and this reminds me of what happened to Miriam Delicado. The ones in the car with her, remembered the Light chasing them down the windy passes, disappearing through town, but reappearing in the remote sections, but when they pulled over, they had the rest taken from them. She was taken from the car, and experienced the nordics.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Probably a helicopter pilot...."I bet I can freak this guy out...."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Officer: "Sir, have you been drinking?"
ET: "Click, gurgle, click click, gurgle, gurgle"
Officer: "I'll take that as a yes, I'm takin' you in"
ET: *Holds out his 6 arms to be cuffed*
Officer: "Hmmm... this isn't going to work...."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I thought about that, I'm sure it would be amusing to some to freak out hapless lone car drivers. Not sure they would be wanting to do such low level night time manouvres though in such a remote area.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I find it very interesting. Because, this has happened. And those were nordics.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I read the post and immediately knew what I would have done.

-=Brake Lights=-

That'll teach 'em.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Flying VFR at night with lights illuminating ground level so he can be sure of his altitude - I see nothing strange with that - I'm not a pilot, but I work with a lot of them - night VFR is generally considered cowboy territory!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
After checking the route from Tennant Creek to Melbourne on google earth and referencing stellarium my guess is Jupiter at a current magnitude of -2.63 in the late night/early morning Aussie northern sky is a strong candidate.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I thought about that, I'm sure it would be amusing to some to freak out hapless lone car drivers. Not sure they would be wanting to do such low level night time manouvres though in such a remote area.

this is entirely possible.. it could be one of the muster pilots (they herd cattle by helicopter) which regularly perform low level moves.. it may have been a joke or they may have been chasing cattle at the time.. and they work in the middle of nowhere..

this region is a ufo hotspot though with many reports every year..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
I read the post and immediately knew what I would have done.

-=Brake Lights=-

That'll teach 'em.

Yes! That's what my daddy taught me about tailgaters!

He should try hypnosis, I hope, just for the heck of it. Maybe if he can slow down time and focus on it he will be able to see what it actually was.

Also, I hope this story doesn't disappear. Updates would be nice, if he did try hypnosis or something....but I'm not going to bet on it. Time will tell I suppose.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why is it always rednecks or hicks, who see UFO's?
Im just saying, i believe in aliens, but im guessing the reasons they get hillbillys, to "report" them, is to spread a dis info campaign against UFO's.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Why is it always rednecks or hicks, who see UFO's?
Im just saying, i believe in aliens, but im guessing the reasons they get hillbillys, to "report" them, is to spread a dis info campaign against UFO's.

You know, Radeon, I've given that alot of thought, and I have actually come up with an answer that is logical. Think of the "I-Saw-A-UFO" Demographic. Cab Drivers, Hunters, Sailors, Pilots, Construction Workers, even Police and Military... think of who never sees UFOs... White collars, politicians, media, though on that last one, reporters see them frequently. What's the common thread? Being out doors. Rednecks are always out hunting possum or searching for a friendly sheep or going on a beer run or passed out on the roof of their trailers or pulling a buddy out of four feet of mud. The common thread is that they are always outdoors. And the suits control the media. The middle class blue-collars won't fess up to seeing them because they don't want to be ridiculed. The suits don't see them (apologies to Springer and crew), because they don't want to and never go outside longer than it takes to get from the door to the Mercedes. Just a thought... And it's not always rednecks. If it were, there'd be alot of space-age wreckage across Arkansas and Texas with beautiful decorated shotgun spray patterns adorning them.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It seems as though everyone on earth no matter what creed is a liar when he sees a ufo. Helicopter...Jupiter? Did he say he saw those?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Interesting, but alas, inconclusive.

We don't know what the state of his mind was, and we don't know if there were any out-of-the-ordinary aircraft in the area. Can't even get a good description of what type of UFO it was, if it was just a floating light.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

I don't believe it was aliens. But on another note why do you think he's a red neck or hick?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Also, didn't Melbourne have some training exercise with blackhawks landing on roof tops not long ago?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Also, didn't Melbourne have some training exercise with blackhawks landing on roof tops not long ago?

Yeah we did, I was watching them every day/night for 2-3 weeks but Tennant Creek is a BLOODY LONG WAY from Melbourne, days away in fact.

P.S Being an Aussie truck driver is not a pre-requisite for being a hick or red neck. Chances are he's a Melbourne resident that does that truck run...just a thought
edit on 18/9/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: The P.S Aussie Truck Driver Defence Document!!!!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join