It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain Ron Paul to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Now im from the UK and admittedly not to clued up on the presidential candidates, but all I ever see on here is Ron Paul this, Ron Paul that. Who is this guy? Why the excitement? What are his policies? What will change?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Now im from the UK and admittedly not to clued up on the presidential candidates, but all I ever see on here is Ron Paul this, Ron Paul that. Who is this guy? Why the excitement? What are his policies? What will change?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Well he's the most genuine out of any of the others including GOP contenders, most politicians, and the president himself. He's one of, if not the only politicians to keep a 30+ year consistent voting record in support of the cause of liberty (and adhering to the constitution). That in itself is the reason why he's the most viable, considering he's the least likely to be bought out.

He's predicted the housing bubble, the terrorist attacks against us because of Middle East occupation, and so much more.

Want to: bring ALL the troops home, end the wars. Stop policing the world.

Shrink government primarily on a federal level, leaving most decisions to the state/local.

Audit & End/limit the Fed.

End the drug Prohibition.

Make entitlements an opt out.

Abolish the income tax; keep excise taxes, tariffs.

FIX our economy; and he's the most credible man for the job.

edit on 18-9-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The reason why he is so popular is because he's the only person running that has any common sense. To the middle class and the poor that speaks volumes. Like these videos just common sense.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Imagine

1. No war

2. No drug laws

3. No IRS or income tax

4. No central bank fiat money

5. No red tape on business and manufacturing

6. No infringements on civil rights;

7. the list goes on, and on

Basically, no establishment/status quo/THE MAN, as we currently know it. Things are going downhill, Ron Paul is definitely a real change as opposed to Obama "change we don't believe in" so people are excited to see a real man of the people in the white house.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ron Paul has been a long time advocate for reclaiming the US government from the NWO. He has been a lone voice in the wilderness for decades. He is anti-war, he is anti-globalist, he is anti-police state. Ron Paul has been expressing the same views and has warned the American people in what direction the country was going if the politicians and bankers were allowed to continue unchecked. Now the people are seeing that what he warned has and is coming about. There is no other more honest, steadfast, and well informed on the political stage. It isn't time for a revolution it is time for a restoration. Our country has been hijacked and it is time to set the hostages free. Many of us believe that Ron Paul is the answer to do just that.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So basically if the white house was run by Illuminati, then this Ron Paul is the guy who would go against their wishes, I.E make decisions for the people of USA instead of for the NWO? (Just using illuminati/nwo as an example
)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Right. He's fighting for the people, not the government crooks or the 'NWO'.
He's fighting for the constitution. The constitution was put into place to tell the government what it CAN do, in order to keep the federal government out of people's personal lives. This limits the government for a reason, and in a much better way than if it told the government what it CAN'T do. It was written that way for a purpose.
The government isn't supposed to have as much power as it currently does over the people.
Ron Paul wants to make it so that the government goes back to the way it should have been all these years.

Cheers
edit on 18-9-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
hes not totally bought and paid for.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
About Ron Paul and Peter Schiff....

Its obvious that these two share similar ideas. But some of the things these two say are TOO similar in my opinion. Almost eerily. Take for example Paul's statement at the MSNBC debate about a wall potentially being used to keep us IN the country:

www.youtube.com...

Check out this Peter Schiff's comment in this video:

www.youtube.com...

Weird.

And why does the MSM have Schiff and Paul on so much? So many interviews. If they are such a threat to the establishment, why so many interviews? Why is Paul even in the debates? And why does Paul go on Alex Jones?

Another thing that has always struck me odd about Paul are his comments on Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden and Iran. He just seems SO sure about what is going on there, where these guys are and what we should do. It almost seems like he's telling a story. It all just seems so....scripted. Are the powers that be trying to give rise to a 3rd party movement (for some reason) so they are training Paul and Schiff together to spark this movement? Are these guys reading from the same script?

Controlled opposition?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DonaldIvory
About Ron Paul and Peter Schiff....

Its obvious that these two share similar ideas. But some of the things these two say are TOO similar in my opinion. Almost eerily. Take for example Paul's statement at the MSNBC debate about a wall potentially being used to keep us IN the country:

www.youtube.com...

Check out this Peter Schiff's comment in this video:

www.youtube.com...

Weird.

And why does the MSM have Schiff and Paul on so much? So many interviews. If they are such a threat to the establishment, why so many interviews? Why is Paul even in the debates? And why does Paul go on Alex Jones?

Another thing that has always struck me odd about Paul are his comments on Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden and Iran. He just seems SO sure about what is going on there, where these guys are and what we should do. It almost seems like he's telling a story. It all just seems so....scripted. Are the powers that be trying to give rise to a 3rd party movement (for some reason) so they are training Paul and Schiff together to spark this movement? Are these guys reading from the same script?

Controlled opposition?

Ok, let's try to do this without a conspiratorial spin to it. The reason why Ron Paul and Schiff sound alike is because they are both educated in the austrian school of economics.

Paul gets interviews because he is a presidential candidate and he has a following that can't be denied, if the media tried to do it, even the ron paul haters would see it.

Schiff gets interviews because he is very popular for his financial radio show and his youtube channel. austrian economic professionals often are invited to interviews for their knowledge, like any other news interviews..they need professionals for their news to be 'credible'. Peter Schiff is damn smart, look him up on his youtube videos, he is always talking about the federal reserve, gold, inflation, investments, and corruption.

Why does Ron Paul know so much about the truth in the middle east? this one is simple..he reads...and he reads and he reads some more. I remember in the 2007 GOP debates, Ron Paul told America the truth about the middle east for the very first time, Giuliani pressured him to apologize on national tv but Paul didn't back down, he came back even stronger and even suggested reading material for Giuliani after the debates. Ron Paul READS. The Department of defense, CIA, DoD, Pentagon and 9/11 commission report all recognize that our foreign policy was a major factor in Osama's declaration of holy war on America.

Now, I want to ask, where do you get your information from? I want a chance to finally nip this in the bud to prevent future misinformation because the tone of your post seems to be influenced by something else, nobody comes to these conclusions on their own.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

after spending most of his adult life in the government, 30+yrs

and not changing his opinions in all that time, despite the changing dynamics of the world, he is trying to run for POTUS again.

his cult status makes for some vigorous support by his fans that always bring him down.

his opinions and ideas are out dated and will not work in this day and age.

he sounds great, like we used to think in 1968.

just read any ron paul thread here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You sound sour, if you don't mind me asking, who is your candidate of choice this election?

And please, save the 'TPTB controls everything so my vote doesn't count' stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the antithesis to all of this crap:

(RIP Aaron!)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As president, Ron Paul could single handedly change this country. The crazy thing is, he actually plans on doing it.
The president is commander in chief, and therefore can direct the military. Paul could bring the troops home, and that would be change enough.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

you made that video yourself? really? seriously? very impressive, great job, great work, that video gave me chills of passion up my spine, made me feel very good, congrats on a very great job!

@everyone else - VOTE RON #ING PAUL GOD DAMNIT!!!
edit on 9/21/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

top topics

join