It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Very deep hip hop/floetry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just came across this video and thought it would be a good idea if I posted it up. I know a lot of members listen to or listened to hip hop and have been very disappointed with the garbage the radio has been playing of late. I can honestly say that I'm only comfortable listening to a handful of rappers. People who preach water and drink it rather than drink the wine of success.

Lowkey:

Reminded me of this great track by Mr.j.Medieros:

Apologies if anyone feels like this is a waste of bandwidth.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
People who say hip-hop is idiotic or not music don't have a clue what they're talking about. They've been more or less brainwashed into believing mainstream constitutes hip-hop and is nothing more than thuggish, materialistic, superficial trash; and I will not argue, most of mainstream rap is.

However, hiphop as a whole is a beautiful culture; not only of emcees who put poetry onto the track, but instrumental artist who create beats that speak to the soul. I hope those who say rap or hiphop sucks are given a chance to be exposed to the real part of it.

Underground/independent is where it's at.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah the radio rarely has music worth listening to. Thankfully we have people like this guy who actually have a message and not some watered down form where they all say the same thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Pseudo Slang- Broke and Copacetic

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Everyday I want to quit doing music, Even my gf doesn't support me.....None of my friends maybe 2 in total. I guess no one likes good music they all wanna hear garbage defending those artists like they know them personally.

new topics

top topics

join