It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of dead fish wash up in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Had a search for this news, and could not find it posted. So here it is.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Remember there was a mass die off of fish back in March just before the Japan quake. Hope we aint heading down that same road. It is getting a little crazy with the quakes picking up around the world before those predicted dates in late September.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

If the same thing happened before the Japan quake then "UHHH-OHHH" fasten
your seat belts and lets hope it's not another rough ride.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't give much credence to the earthquake connection,

but pollution that would make sense.

Some fish farmers reportedly believe pollution runoff from nearby industries, including from drug company factories that produce antibiotics, might be responsible for killing the fish. But Chinese environmental authorities in the area have stated that the fish died of “low dissolved oxygen,” for which they do not have an explanation.

Since the fish die-off in China occurred, no earthquakes of a similar magnitude to the record Japan quake have occurred. However, there was a 6.5 magnitude quake in Mongolia that occurred on August 27, as well as a 6.8 magnitude quake in Southeast Asia on August 30. The largest to have occurred was a 7.1 magnitude quake that struck near Alaska September 2 (www.iris.edu...).

edit on 18-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If it is China then it is probably pollution.

The Chinese authorities have very little respect for the environment and the average Chinese for that matter. Corruption and lack of controls ensure that pollution is not only routine but also covered up.

To add, the World Bank (I think) has listed the top 20 most polluted cities - 16 are Chinese, led by a blighted city called Linfen.

Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So from the millions of dead fish reported, you'd think they would be able to produce a photograph with more than just two fish in it.

Then again 2 fish and five loaves can make a hell of an impact.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
maybe, but there were alot of other animal die offs that were not followed by disasters

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Those fish will probably be showing up at my local supermarket in a week or 2.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Mass chemical dumps will do just that, derive the oxygen supply right out of the water its simple! Fish don't live in a chemical tank! At least I don't think so!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

The fish die-offs happened 2 days before the Japan quake. ...The die-offs in China occurred on August 27, 28 and 29. I'm thinking this is your standard cover-up conspiracy...

Some fish farmers reportedly believe pollution runoff from nearby industries, including from drug company factories that produce antibiotics, might be responsible for killing the fish. But Chinese environmental authorities in the area have stated that the fish died of “low dissolved oxygen,” for which they do not have an explanation.

edit on 18/9/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
So from the millions of dead fish reported, you'd think they would be able to produce a photograph with more than just two fish in it.

Then again 2 fish and five loaves can make a hell of an impact.

And those fish weren't even the grass carp that was mentioned in the article. Smells fishy to me.

Grass carps have little mouths, and striking scale patterns:

Those fish have large mouths and silvery skins:

And look more like tuna to me:

What about radiation from Japan killing the fish? That sounds plausible as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Druid, i was thinking the exact same thing, sure it could be a release of methane from the sea floor of an impending quake, but i doubt it. All that radioactive sea water that has leeched from the reactor sites could now be entering the ocean. But it was only a little bit right? WINK WINK

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
If it is China then it is probably pollution.

Think for a moment now, you think something like that would instantaneously occur? Slim chances.
Pollution would be a gradual killing machine, first hundreds, then thousands, then millions.
If we are to believe this story, then other means would be killing the fish.
Perhaps an undeclared oil spill or lightning strike.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

if it were lightning strike, there would be a lot more reports of mass fish deaths. Fact of the matter is that volume of water acturally grounds the charge. Not like the water contained in our bodies which eletrifies us we become the ground, in essense the whole lake bed is the ground.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techata
reply to post by yourmaker

if it were lightning strike, there would be a lot more reports of mass fish deaths. Fact of the matter is that volume of water acturally grounds the charge. Not like the water contained in our bodies which eletrifies us we become the ground, in essense the whole lake bed is the ground.

Yep, no oil spills in the area, and also no lightning strikes. Besides, water is a conductor of electricity, and would dissipate quickly in water of that volume. I think we can safely rule those out.

Pollution, killing millions of fish, or radiation poisoning, of which we will see more reports.

Does anyone else think the Japan disaster is a massive coverup?

join