It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been killed in a dream?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jesusatan

I have, I usually dream in third person, hardly ever in first. I've seen a mirror once and I didn't have a face. Other than that one time never. Even in my dreams, I always have a behind view of myself for situational awareness I guess. However I did find it weird that I of all people didn't have a face while usually everybody in my dreams do look up to par with the reality versions of themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So I guess this dispels the myth that, if you get killed in your dream, you could end up literally dying in your sleep?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
perhaps it was not a dream? perhaps u did got shot, and woke up in another reality?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No but I have been killed in real life though...much more painful. Even more painful is realising you have to come back to earth rather that stay in that place.........you'll see

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Subbam

wow...ok thanks for the reply. You said you had no face! this leads me to believe that when we dream we are seeing things from a different source than the thoughts we think we are projecting as a human named john doe on planet earth. This is a deep subject. perhaps I should start a thread on it ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It is a pretty deep subject. Another persons mind is interesting to visit let alone your own. I look at it this way, just like other planets that have different make ups/physics/conditions that are all different from one another all throughout the universe, human minds aren't that different. But yes, start a thread and see where you get, it's still a very unexplored area and you'd probably have the best chance on getting different view points/feelings/perspectives from the vast amount different types of people on this website.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yes I have died in dreams and in one I was shot at like the OP. In mine I was in a school of some type (prior to this part of the dream I was watching a friend of mine graduate who has been out of school for a while and I've been out of school for many years) and I was on the 2nd or 3rd floor of this school, want to say high school. I was carrying a open bird cage which was empty (in real life I have pet birds) in one hand and in the other hand a little teddy bear (not sure if it was for the birds or what). I was walking on this floor to leave the cage somewhere till later when I was stopped by 3 armed guards. They weren't friendly. The one in the middle raised up a gun and it was aimed directly at my head. The only thing I saw was the black barrel of the gun and the noise that I heard that went off was the loudest thing I ever heard --made the sound of fireworks look like nothing. Next thing I know my body is on the ground and I'm above it, floating like. I still see the guards and I think "I better not move. I better stay still until they're gone." And then I catch myself and think, "what the heck I'm dead, I don't have to stay right here (by my body)!" LOL And then I woke up.

In other dreams at different times I've dreamt that I was in skyscraper elevators and I'm going down the cables or whatever break and the elevator crashes down from the top and I wake up in a panic cause I know I died.
edit on 19-9-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was being chased by zombies or body snatchers or something the other night in a dream, and rather than be taken I jumped off a high platform and landed on my head, killing myself good and proper. It was noisy, and it hurt a little for a moment, but after that it was nothing.

All in all, I considered it to be a good decision.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I have had two dreams of death. One very similar to most responses here.
I was standing in a castle tower, looking down there was a shoreline of flat rocks and a river flowing by. Holding a cup and drinking from it, I felt immense joy and was smilling. There was a brick circle in the river which i thought to myself 'someones old hot tub' ?? I then leaped from the tower and smacked hard on to the rocks all the while feeling incredibly joyous. I then saw myself on smacked the rocks smiling, but dead in the eyes.

Another dream I was in spirit form and following another spirit. We were floating/flying over highways. We stopped at a point to rest. This spot reminded me of a tree fort or watch tower, it was a room up high we could see everything below from it. While resting there I tried to eat yogurt. I could feel its smooth cool texture slide through me and looked to see it all over my chair. The other spirit then told me I could not eat, only drink water. We left and continued over the highway. I woke up.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Have you ever been killed in a dream? I just had a dream a couple nights ago of being shot in the head. I was walking down the street with a friend. My friend saw one of his friends in a junk ditch, we both noticed he had a pistol, I got paranoid cause my friend was leading me into a junk ditch with a guy holding a pistol. So I ran, he started firing, then my friend try to stop him. I put my hands up told him to stop. He stopped and put the gun on the street. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a revolver and shot a couple rounds and missed. I dove to the gun he left on the street and started firing, but I missed on purpose because he kept firing rounds and they wear missing. I was hoping that he would run out of bullets. Then I scream stop I dont want to kill any one their is no reason. He then stopped. At this time I was on my knees with a empty mag. He fired a shot from behind into the back of my head. I do not think he ment to fire it into my head, i think he was aiming above my head, I moved my head forward and caught the bullet. I could fell it but it was not pain full. It was just black and I was thinking man I just got killed, then I woke up.

I felt that I was controlling that dream, when I asked him to stop the first time and he did, I was thinking wow that worked, no way that worked, and because of that thought he pulled out a pistol. The second time I asked him to stop I was thinking the same thing. It was like a moment in inception where the "dream people" attack the dreamers witch are not supposed to be their.

Have you ever had a dream like this? What happened when you died?

I remember having another one when i was a kid, I was on a very tall cliff at least a 300ft drop, I was strafing on a very small thin ledge then I fell. When I was about to hit the bottom, I woke up, but I think I woke up in mid air, as if I was floating and then fell back down to my bed. My bed bounced me back up and lost my breath.
edit on 18-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hello! I have had dreamed of being in a huge building,surrounded by zombies with axes and shields(pretty similar to vikings/barbarians). I was the captain of a human army, ready to tear the enemy piece by piece. When i charged, my soldiers followed me, and the slaughter began. We were overnumbered (humans = 100-150, zombies=600-700). My men got killed, me being the only one on the battlefield. Some sort of creature grabed my back and bit it, blood everywhere. In the next moment, i saw myself in the third person, with a mouse and a keyboard in my hand. I pressed ESC and i suddenly woke up. -.- ROFL.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes, when I dream about how I died in my past life. A soldier. I was killed by a sniper bullet through my helmet. I saw all of my camrads lying dead. I tried to stand up but I collapsed on the ground. I guess that's what happens when a bullet going through your brain. In the dream, I tried to tell myself I couldn't die. That I couldn't be dead. That was this sense that I couldn't be dead and that my mind refused to die. Then, I heard English being spoken. I sprang up and grabbed 2 pistols off my dead camrade. I then began firing at the English speaking soldiers. It didn't take long for me to realize that I was actually holding my camera. I was actually shooting with my camera. In photography, we often use the expression of "shooting photos." I guess this dream linked me back from the past to my current life.

Is possible you were dreaming about your past life. Maybe that was how you died in the past.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
In my dream. there was an earth quake.
and I was in a prison helping them get out.
it fell on me and I died.
I remember the feeling of going to heaven ?
It was WOW!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

The first time I died in a dream was when I went into some sort of haunted apartment. I was pretty young at the time. It was real weird as I explored. Long story short I was chased down by some sort of demon who stabbed me from behind. It actually hurt plus I bled to death over a period of time. Woke up once I died. That wasn't the last time I died either.

I have seen myself in a mirror once. It was the weirdest thing too. I'll always remember it because it was the first and last time I saw myself in a reflective surfaces in a dream ever. Anyways, I didn't look anything like myself is the only thing I can say. My hair was too tame, skin was too tan, looked as if I was some sort of fairy.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've been beheaded ,shot,had car accidents and once a dragon killed me

I must be dead as doornail

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have dreamt several times about my execution. soldiers dragging me in a corridor and then to the light...It is actually a very horrible dream. I start to shake whenever I think about that feeling. the feeling of inevitable death. and it is so real. I have several other recurring dreams of me running hiding and fearing of something I can not describe(when I say I can't describe, I mean I just only feel the fear in my dream, but I don't actually think of the object of my fear, so It has yet to become clear what is it). Yes, call me a paranoid tin foil hat moron, but the trouble I have, stems from the fact that I have dreamt of events of the future on multiple occasions. Those did happen eventually. Most of them were just unimportant short parts of my life, but I remember seeing them in my dreams. I have little to none understanding and knowledge about how this can and does happen. To be honest, I did not believe I could find something credible, so I did not look for it. But it does. If you do not believe, do so, I will not blame you. I would not trust either, if it was not happening to me. However if you do, I'd hear you out.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I had always heard that if you fall from someplace dangerously high in a dream... and you don't wake up before hitting the ground... that you're supposedly going to die. Not true. I hit the ground once... and after doing so... my spirit rose above my body and I was able to observe myself below. Woke up the next morning still here... alive and kicking.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I once had a dream that a criminal broke into my apartment and was repeatedly stabbing me with a knife in my bed. Not long after that, in real waking life, I was mugged outside my apartment door as I was coming home late at night.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: because I know I spell right, and after I post, it's all effed up.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here I thought I was the only one with vivid dreams.

Mine can turn into sagas, and come in a mini series, having a different version over several nights. This one got prophetic but I was on the run with two friends, a demon cobra thing was chasing me, finally trapped me at a four way in some heavy pine forests. It bit me and I started dying from the venom. I remember crawling towards the trees thinking that if I am gonna go, I want to be in the woods.

A second one was on school grounds of sorts, a person came up and just slashed my wrists, and I could feel my life draining as I lost blood, I was surrounded by a crowd who just watched.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesusatan
also not to get off topic .....but please this is important to me....has any one ever seen themselves in a mirror in a dream?

I havent met anyone yet who have, If you have please post thanks much
I have dreamt of driveing an seen the road an traffic falling into a opening chasim behind me in a rearveiw mirror.Also saw my reflection in a river or pond in a dream .I was about to lower my lips to take a drink of water saw my reflection an then it froze solid in an instant.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join