It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been killed in a dream?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesusatan
also not to get off topic .....but please this is important to me....has any one ever seen themselves in a mirror in a dream?

I havent met anyone yet who have, If you have please post thanks much

Never that I can remember. I've had dreams where I wasn't who/what I am now, but that was only known from my environment, or looking down at myself.

I would have loved to see my reflection when I dreamed I was a furry creature. I don't know if I looked ape like, or more like Chewbacca

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've gotten killed quite a few times in dreams. It's usually in vicious car wrecks too (even though, I've never been in a bad wreck in reality).

That's one bad thing about having a photographic memory (if one believes in such things) - Everything I dream or imagine is extremely life-like. Even now, if I concentrate hard enough, I can visualize myself sitting here at the computer from a viewpoint of the ceiling behind me... as if I'm outside my body. But I'm sure a lot of people can do that.

Anyway, as I said before, whenever I die in dreams it's a result of a car crash. Either my brakes fail and I end up barreling down an incredibly steep, almost endless, hill; or something darts in front of me and I'm powerless to avoid it in time.
The crash occurs.
I feel incredible pain all throughout my body.
Then comes the blood...
I usually raise my shaky hands to my face and I see blood and glass all over them. As I fade from consciousness, I'm frantically trying to find my cell phone so I can call for help.
Most of the time, the pain and the sensation of warm blood all over me causes me to shake and lose concentration, so I tend to dial an incorrect number... or I'm unable to dial at all.
After the failure to get help, I fade to black... and I wake up with a weird feeling of apprehension.

Yeah... those dreams aren't too fun.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've died plenty of times in my sleep. sometimes I wake up at the moment of death, especially in the falling dreams. sometimes the dream goes further. For example, in one dream, my throat was slit. In the dream I had been fighting to save my family, but as i died a warm darkness came over me. I no longer cared about worldly matters and became content.
But the best one ever, i got what felt like a minute of post death experience.I was shown all of creation from an outsiders perspective. In the dream I could comprehend its meaning, but when i woke, it felt like my mind just couldn't contain all the information i had learned. I might as well tell you what i remember of it, even though it doesn't make sense anymore. The whole of existence was a horse. Oh it was the multiverse's and all the different dimensions from the beginning to the end of time as well, but it was a horse too!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i've had dreams where people have tried to kill me, but they never are able to. i always seem to have this insane super human strength or something.. and i can usually fly lol. so while i have tons of dreams where people try to kill me, im always ok. sometimes i even wake myself up mid chase in my dream by looking up and screaming "wake up!"
sometimes snakes try to kill me.. they're not so successful either.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I had a dream that I was driving through a not so great area of town to get to a road I needed to be on.
I did frequent this route in real life...but only during the day. It was the quickest route to take from that side of town!
I was driving and was just about to the rail road tracks when I see this cop car pulled over in front of me and the cop jumps out of the car and runs across my path with his gun drawn. I put on the gas to get the heck out of there and just as I hit the tracks I hear a loud bang and feel this concussive force hit me. I feel like I am being sucked out of my body from behind and I cant take a breath. My vision is getting fuzzy and I realize I have been shot. I try to get my hands on the horn to let someone know I am in trouble but I just can't. Then I wake up!
It was very realistic and I just chose to avoid that route from that point on. It was eerie!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I`ve died in 3 dreams.
Also posted so you can read them at this link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
or
CCP from that thread

I`ve cheated death 2 times.
Story 2:
The next time I can recall I was in the Military in Who needs me California. I was stationed there out of boot camp from Orlando Florida. I had a nightmare dream while in boot camp not even knowing I`d be going to California the dream was of the beach there and body surfing the waves.
In my dream I was body surfing the left side of the pier due to that side had larger waves. Well I got slammed chin first on a wave into the sand bottom and rolled backwards into a ball. I couldn`t figure out what way was up down and so I drowned.
Died in my dream and floated off up out of the water and that`s all I remember of the dream.

So when I get to the beach I get this feeling I`ve seen it before looks exactly as the dream did and the better waves were indeed on the left side of the pier. I had a friend with me I didn`t have one in my dream though. I told him of my dream and we stuck to the wimpy waves on the right side of the pier. Well after a few days I decided hey those waves are what we need on the left side of the pier. So off we went.
2nd good wave slams me chin first into the bottom and rolls me backwards into a ball. Felt like I was gutted instantly. I couldn`t get what was up or down and next thing I know my friend had me by my head pulling me up out of the water. I laid on the beach for a couple hours hardly able to move.
If it wasn`t for my friend I feel that dream would have been true 100%.

Now I know to take these dreams very serious. So cheated death two
Story 3:
In this dream
Back home in Ohio there was a great swimming hole on Cross Creek. There were double train tracks that are welded together for high speed trains.
We would go there drinking and having fun so one time I got there with a friend and we suddenly heard a train coming. We didn`t want to wait for it to pass so we ran to beat it. Well I tripped on the first set of tracks and landed in the center of the 2nd set. The train went right over me.
My feet were pointing towards were the train was coming from and I would have been fine till I though hey there are grain cars on these trains with metal caps hanging off on chains under the trains. So I tried to slightly roll to view the oncoming hazards but must have rolled a little to hard and off goes half my head. I died in that dream and went from there into the most perfect darkness imaginable like being in a bubble everything just perfect.

Ok so now my friend wants to go to this spot I told him no way never going there again. But then they pulled up one side of the train tracks and hardly used the other. This made it safe for me to go there once again.

Now the one dream that haunted me my hole life since I was like 6 is this.
Story 4:
A strange sound coming at me sounds like a wall of foaming like bubbles. I start to climb a tree as you can tell it`s right ready to arrive. That`s where I die but don`t know what it was.
Now living here in Florida and learning of such possibilities as the Monster tsunami that could be it. I just placed this together about a month ago and feel the bubbly sound could perhaps be this wave that will destroy the Eastern United States.
From my dreams of the event I am now at the age of when I was seeing myself in those dreams back then. Time will tell so there it is in all my strangeness.

I actually didn`t wake up like normal when you die in a dream and that was very nice afterwards.
I`ve always heard you should wake up as you die in your dream or it could be a shock causing a heart attack but where people get such ideas is beyond me since that would have to be proven since I have and suffered no heart attack. Unless of course I am actually dead.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
Never died in a dream, Got shot once........Otherwise I'm always fighting to live....

That's on a good night when I'm able to sleep......The rest is worse than I can ever imagine hell being.

I'm in the exact same position! I went 6 years having nightmares every single night, all night long... I'd wake up shaking, crying or screaming. After I got my divorce they went away... well... as of this year, they have come back with a vengeance. It sucks. Even though I'm in pretty much control and am completely aware of my dreams... I can't control the general vibe of the dream. Just what happens to me directly. And usually only after it happens. I think "I didn't like how that happened", and set my nightmare back a few minutes and change it. Unfortunately it would be better for me to just let the dream wake me up... some of them will drag on and on and I don't get any real rest.
Just last night I was strangling a kitten that was actually a crazy shapeshifter that had been beheading people and my friends. In another nightmare last night a train derailed downtown in the middle of State Street, and started fires... and all the police on horses couldn't stop in time and started burning in the flames.
Obviously there is way more to them than that.. those are just some of the calm aspects of my nightmares. It sucks.

But in answer to the OP... yes, I've been killed in my dreams. If it doesn't wake me up, I just do what I said before and basically "reset" my nightmares to a few minutes before and change it. That can happen over and over until its an outcome I can handle, or I stop dying. Sometimes I'll die and come to find out it wasn't actually me, and I'm actually watching from a 3rd person perspective.
edit on 18-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
...I have actually died in a dream...

I have had a series of dreams, where I went to the same local(es)...

In this case it was an "alternate" world/reality with a Hispanic dominant culture.

I would often approach a large urban city, where the hi-way was connected by a wooden drawbridge made of large logs...

Inside the city were many reddish brown sandstone buildings... I was accosted by a soilder who spoke Spanish, but was ethnically Black... We got into a scuffle, and he shot me point blank with a pistol like device hidden under his uniform..

Now.. I no longer travel to that "world/reality"...

edit on 18-9-2011 by cosmokatt7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I once dreamt that I was trying to get into a club but the bouncer wouldnt let me in. He said I was to short ha I'm 6'1. I started arguing with him when he pull out a small machine gun and empties it into my stomach. Like you, there was no pain. I fell to the floor and everything went black but I remember in the blackness I felt warm and cosy. I woke up with my hands on my stomach.

ALS

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Originally posted by jesusatan
also not to get off topic .....but please this is important to me....has any one ever seen themselves in a mirror in a dream?

I havent met anyone yet who have, If you have please post thanks much

Come to think of it, I have never seen any type of reflection in a dream I do not know if thats because I cant remember it our if thats just the way it is .

I have seen myself in a mirror. In one of them I was standing in front of a huge oval mirror looking at myself in a dress and thinking what the hell year is this anyway, this dress is too damned heavy. Another time I was looking into a pond and saw my reflection and then noticed someone standing behind me because I saw their reflection next to mine. I turned around to look and it was my grandpa only it was from when he was much younger, maybe his 20s. I was in my 20s at the time that I had that dream.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yes I was shot. Under a light pole near a mall. Smell, taste, colors, sounds, feeling seemed real. I woke and hoped I never dream that again. Took me awhile to go to the mall at night..........never parked near light poles. I think it is just stress or something and the mind is releasing it.......I don't know why one dreams this way. I have dreamed I also fly, can do amazing sports things, breathe underwater, and do other cool things. Again, the mind playing around. that is my 2 cents. :-)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I have had dreams where I was eaten and chased by dinosaurs.
I have had dreams where I was hiding from monsters in a cellar.
Just this morning I was dreaming about killing an alligator with
a sword.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I've died a few times. Every time that i can remember was by a missile/atomic bomb. I always feel extremely calm right before it happens and just accept that there's no way out, sort of like a "Well, darn...you got me." As with everyone else, everything goes black and I try to hold onto it as long as I can before I wake up.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I REMEMBER A DREAM I HAD MAYBE LIKE, 4 years ago!

i was on a safari jungle adventure with my family, were walking along a path that the guide has been cutting out with his machete i distinctly remember him saying keep an eye out for panthers, they love human meat! .... lol we all looked @ our selves with questioned faces, than i heard something in the bushes, being a smart ass like i am i went to c what it was, and than a panther jumped out and clawed me to death i remember trying to run away and his claws grabbing a hold of my shoulder and he took me down to the ground, and next thing i remember seeing was the teeth biting into my face! wow i woke up fast!

maybe 2 days later i was in the shower and felt a burning sensation on my shoulder, looked @ it in the mirror and it was 4 long scratch marks, like a cat scratched my back! ,i was stunned for a few minuets, went and told my dad, he said, dont have any more jungle dreams or you might not wake up without a head!!! haha

that was the creepiest dream/ experience i had! besides when i blew up my high school gym on graduation day! and killed everyone while i was on the bleachers drinking, but that is another thread!! haha, much love!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ive been killed in dreams by the scariest evil demon that you could ever fathom, and after being killed, i instantly woke up with a headache that felt like someone had slipped an ice pick through my brain. this has happened at least 3 times by the same dream demon and all within 3 days as i would run through a re-occurring dream.....the horror....the horror....the horror.

whats so screwed about these dreams was after the fact i started getting sick and was deathly I'll for almost a year and the dr's couldn't tell me what was wrong and Ive never been the same since....almost as i was actually killed in those dreams and i am no longer me........WEIRD

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I was being attacked by alien monster things, they were beating my body trying to kill me. I couldn't feel the pain because i knew It wasnt real. I had to make the conscious decision to die or else the monsters would not stop. It was like my spirit and body were separate. If I "thought" I was making myself "be dead" in my mind it would make me dead on the outside, to their perception. Turns out it worked, I went dead in the dream for a few minutes then came back when the monster dudes left. I call making decisions within dreams being lucid. any opinions?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

The mind makes it real.

I had a dream once I died from a nuke. I felt the skin on my bones melt and everything then I was reincarnated as some other person in the same timespan and everything. Anyone else been reincarnated?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I remember two weird dreams releated to death.
One was a nuke as well. I remember seeing the mushroom cloud and then i hugged my girlfriend. Sirens were going off, jets flying by. I did not feel any pain but the level of fear was insane. I hope i never have to feel anything like that.
In my other dream i was stabbed by my father. We were fighting and pushing each other around. I did not see the knife when it hit me, i just felt a sharp pain in my stomach. And then when i looked down i saw a knife sticking in me.

Oh btw when i was young i had aaaa lot of dreams where i would jump of some very high building and freefall to the ground. Everytime i hit the ground i would wake up.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is interesting. I myself have never died in my dreams. From the sounds of it I'm a pretty vivid dreamer too compared to some of yourselves lol. In respect to which you said earlier about the feeling of controlling dreams. It's weird, everybody I talk to says they have very minimal control if any in their dreams. I'm able to control almost every aspect of my dream with the exception of the setting. But I also have those few dreams in which I do not control and those are the ones I don't like. In those dreams, I usually see the death of others but never myself although I've came more than close enough in my dreams on a number of occasions.. but never actually died. Good question, actually got me thinking now.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Subbam because: grammer

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Maybe you should look into lucid dreaming? You seem to be having a vivid dream which is good.

I did it once, was hard to keep controlling the dream so it ended very quickly.
edit on 19-9-2011 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join