It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been killed in a dream?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Have you ever been killed in a dream? I just had a dream a couple nights ago of being shot in the head. I was walking down the street with a friend. My friend saw one of his friends in a junk ditch, we both noticed he had a pistol, I got paranoid cause my friend was leading me into a junk ditch with a guy holding a pistol. So I ran, he started firing, then my friend try to stop him. I put my hands up told him to stop. He stopped and put the gun on the street. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a revolver and shot a couple rounds and missed. I dove to the gun he left on the street and started firing, but I missed on purpose because he kept firing rounds and they wear missing. I was hoping that he would run out of bullets. Then I scream stop I dont want to kill any one their is no reason. He then stopped. At this time I was on my knees with a empty mag. He fired a shot from behind into the back of my head. I do not think he ment to fire it into my head, i think he was aiming above my head, I moved my head forward and caught the bullet. I could fell it but it was not pain full. It was just black and I was thinking man I just got killed, then I woke up.

I felt that I was controlling that dream, when I asked him to stop the first time and he did, I was thinking wow that worked, no way that worked, and because of that thought he pulled out a pistol. The second time I asked him to stop I was thinking the same thing. It was like a moment in inception where the "dream people" attack the dreamers witch are not supposed to be their.

Have you ever had a dream like this? What happened when you died?

I remember having another one when i was a kid, I was on a very tall cliff at least a 300ft drop, I was strafing on a very small thin ledge then I fell. When I was about to hit the bottom, I woke up, but I think I woke up in mid air, as if I was floating and then fell back down to my bed. My bed bounced me back up and lost my breath.
edit on 18-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

You honestly wouldn't want to know what I've dreamt about.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I had a dream in which I was the last of my kind. I was furry, bipedal, don't know what my face looked like - there were no reflective surfaces.

Anyways, I got captured by some men that were lurking around my cave, looking for my type, and they caught me. They killed me off with a lethal injection - huge thick needle, it hurt, and then everything went black and I woke up quite freaked out. My arm still hurt too.

Not one of my favorite dreams.
It seemed so real........

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I had a dream I was living in a suburb in Turkey, I lived in Hawaii at the time. We were having a birthday party for my 7 year old daughter. I was just about to serve the cake, it was like a stack of pancakes sprinkled with powdered sugar, when I looked out the window.

A black SUV pulled up and 5 men in black hoods and AK rifles jumped out. I quickly yelled to my sister to get the kids out and picked my 7 year old and threw her out the back door. I knew the neighborhood like the back of my hand. My sister and all the kids ran down the ally.

Just as I was jumping out the door, they grabbed me. They raped me and then tied me to a chair and put a grenade in my mouth. One guy point a gun at my face and told me "This is your lucky day, your going to die!" Then he pulled the tab from the grenade and they ran out the door. When the grenade went off, I woke up, looked at my hands, and thanked god I wasn't really there. Or was I?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
One dream I met 2 new 'friends'.. and all of a sudden one got a knife and stabbed me in the ribs. Then I woke up, and had a phantom pain on the rib side I was stabbed in the dream.. it was weird.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

''I remember having another one when i was a kid, I was on a very tall cliff at least a 300ft drop, I was strafing on a very small thin ledge then I fell. When I was about to hit the bottom, I woke up, but I think I woke up in mid air, as if I was floating and then fell back down to my bed. My bed bounced me back up and lost my breath.''

That sounds a lot like you were Astral Projecting or having an OBE. I suggest you look it up here on ATS. There are plenty of threads on it.

If i'm about to die in any of my dreams I always wake up just before.
edit on 18-9-2011 by SilentE because: Bad grammer!

edit on 18-9-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've been shot in the dead in a dream before.. everything just turned black...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Never died in a dream, Got shot once........Otherwise I'm always fighting to live....

That's on a good night when I'm able to sleep......The rest is worse than I can ever imagine hell being.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

ive died lots of times in dreams, but it always happens seconds before i wake up

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've had many, many "close calls" in dreams where I almost die, but miraculously escape. Most of these dreams include being chased down by a generic antagonist, and subsequently held at gun point.

I died once in a dream due to a point-blank gun shot wound to the head. I'm actually pretty surprised that my subconscious mind even let it develop that far.

I remember everything went black. I could feel my soul leaving my body and I remember "saying" to myself - "what happens now?" - indicating some level of postmortem self-awareness.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have died in my dreams once or twice. Never any modern weapons involved. Both times have been a spear to the chest, I don't know if it hits my heart or not.

If I remember correctly, there is no pain, but I fall into a second level of sleep, it is peaceful and I am drifting off as my world shifts into another dream, the odd part is, the second dream doesn't last very long and I wake up with no memory of the second dream.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
fell off a tower, hit concrete...knew I was dead. All went black....and I waited. Then I awoke.

Also an older dream, but remember it clearly.....was hiding behind a bar in a masonic lodge with a shot gun.
There is a guy going to kill me( you just know things in dreams) I jump up turn around and level the shotgun to his head. Exact same second he pulls gun on me. We both fire. I see a flash of fire out of the muzzle of his gun and then blackness.

Same as OP, no pain just knew I was dead and was waiting to see what is next.

Happened probably 20 years ago.....odd

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
also not to get off topic .....but please this is important to me....has any one ever seen themselves in a mirror in a dream?

I havent met anyone yet who have, If you have please post thanks much

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I honestly don't think I have ever been killed in a dream that I can remember.

I have the ability to wake myself out of dreams that are going off the rails. The last one was when I fell off a cliff and I woke myself up before I hit the sea.

Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yup, I sure have. I once had a dream where I was beheaded, but it seemed like I was someone important and they made sure the blade was sharp so that it happened quickly. I remember the cold feeling on the back of my neck and then nothing at all. I remember waiting for it to happen thinking something had gone wrong and then next thing I knew I was standing next to my body and realized it already had happened. Then I woke up, that was back when I was about 10-11 years old. I have had a few dreams over the years of being killed or having some sort of accidental death. I usually see it coming though because I am aware I am dreaming when I am dreaming. To be honest I didn't realize that it was unusual to know you were dreaming when you were actually dreaming until just a few years ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have had many dreams where I am in a life or death situation & I wake up before I die, like when your car plunges off a cliff.

I did have one dream which was amazing, and it is something I think I will always remember. In the dream I had cancer, it was a tumour in my kidneys. I knew I didn't have long to live and I was lying in bed with my mum beside me. I took a deep breath & felts myself drift off. At this point the feeling was like the I was in a very deep, relaxing sleep. I took my second breath knowing I was about to die, but I was at peace with it & almost welcoming it.

I passed, it wasn't painful or scary. I knew my time had come & the ending had been very calm. The next part is where it diverts onto a more unusual path. I was instantly in the body of a dog. It was a small puppy, I know as the grass rubbed on my stomach. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining & the grass felt soft under my paws. I was running as fast as I could. I felt so excited to be alive & I enjoyed every second of my run in the park.

The story, especially the reincarnation part is possibly bordering on the ridiculous. I suppose dreams do have a license to be ridiculous, but I felt great comfort as my dream 'death' was a wonderful experience.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I had many dreams, about living in different eras always as a women.

But dying only two dreams of that, one that I had for many years when I was young is drowning as a child, In the dream I am a small child in a boat with an older man that I think is my granddad, he is rowing and I fell from the boat and drown, is so vivid I feel the water shocking me going into my nose and mouth filling my lungs until I can not breath anymore. Nowhere I have been near death by drowning in my life but just in that dream.

Until this day I can not swim and am scare to death to deep water.

The second one I am stab with a knife the details are not clear on that dream, but feel the knive going into my body and the burning sensation of the wound, I also feel the warm of the blood and the smell, this dream only happens once in a while, the other one I had it almost every week when I was younger.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It seems that most of the time, when you get killed in a dream it goes black and you wake up. I had to go to the bathroom after I woke up. I think its strange how my dream lined up with me having to take a leak. Usely when I need to use the bathroom I just wake right up. Before I got shot in the back of the head I remember thinking oh hes not going to shoot, and then once again thinking yeah right why would he not and then he shot me.

Makes me wonder if fast sub conscious thoughts effect the out comes of our reality. I know it was a partial lucid dream, it was as if I was able to see the mechanics of the dream with out knowing that I am seeing it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesusatan
also not to get off topic .....but please this is important to me....has any one ever seen themselves in a mirror in a dream?

I havent met anyone yet who have, If you have please post thanks much

Come to think of it, I have never seen any type of reflection in a dream I do not know if thats because I cant remember it our if thats just the way it is .

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes. I have been killed on two occasions that I remember.

Both times, I have been a soldier.

The first time I recall, I was a British soldier fighting in South Africa. I was killed by a spear to the heart.

The second time I was an American G.I held up in a barn on a farm in France. The barn was surronded by Germans and I made a bolt for the farmhouse, but was shot in the head.

The strange thing is on both occasions I remember thinking this is it, I'm dying, but not feeling any regret or sadness for my passing.

Nice thread.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join