It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest MSM(Yahoo) Acknowledgement Of Media Bias Against Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Every little bit helps. I was somewhat surprised to see a yahoo contributor state it as it is. He simply asks, basically, "how can mainstream news continue to ignore Ron Paul, with his recent, and gaining success"? The news coverage tomorrow morning, on monday, will be quite interesting, with a debate later this week.

Once again, in a voice as loud as California, Republican voters have voiced their desire for the next GOP contender to be none other than Congressman Ron Paul. So, with a calling this clear, what other candidate would the establishment media want to go up against the incumbent Barack Obama for president? Is it Paul's push for an American return to the gold standard, and elimination of the Fed and the IRS, which scared the powers-that-be into ignoring his Ames debate victory in early August? In spite of a clear and evident victory, Fox News stopped linking to that particular result fast, for reasons unknown. Even after he came in third place in New Hampshire, media members seemed to try to keep his name out of the discussion. Can the mainstream media stand up a wall of willful resistance to respectful consideration of a Republican candidate who not only wins the friendship of celebrities like Vince Vaughn and Barry Manilow? Maybe they can, for a while. But when the people who comprise the entertainment itself begin to recognize the value of his plan to retain our Constitutional sovereignty as a people, it is for the freedom which allows for the expression of their art. In light of the blatant honesty of a conscientious candidate, the mad vappings of other Republican hopefuls sound more like the "same-old, same-old," we all too often get from elected officials. Being in the impossible-to-ignore category, now the most other candidates can hope for is their media-based supporters can go for hit pieces on Paul.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 9/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: External Source Tags Instructions.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As you said, every little bit helps and yahoo is a pretty well established news site, so I'm pleased to see this.
It is true that Ron Paul is gaining momentum, especially as things in the States seem to get worse (and people begin to protest like in NYC).

In my opinion it's a race both against reaching a critical mass of supporters, and actually being able to get an honest electorate process (i.e. no fudging of the numbers)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am quite happy to this also. I think Ron Paul finally has a real chance this time. I know one thing, the American people are tired of the same old policies, and the never ending wars, and the invasion from our southern border.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeroK
As you said, every little bit helps and yahoo is a pretty well established news site, so I'm pleased to see this.
It is true that Ron Paul is gaining momentum, especially as things in the States seem to get worse (and people begin to protest like in NYC).

In my opinion it's a race both against reaching a critical mass of supporters, and actually being able to get an honest electorate process (i.e. no fudging of the numbers)

I don't generally go to a site like yahoo for political news, but given how many sheeple do, and given many sheeple get their news from sites such as yahoo, it definitely helps. The tone of the article helps more. Not big news in any way, but nice to see.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ron Paul is more mainstream than bush. hes liked by the media and the alternative media
edit on 19-9-2011 by DemonicUFO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Why this sudden concern about bias against Ron Paul, when the media has been biased against Republicans in general for quite a long time now? The fact that media is now pushing Ron Paul should give you all a reason to be suspicious. Ron Paul cant win, so there ya go.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
While at first this sounds like it might help, as mentioned above the large amount of people who get info from yahoo news do so via the headlines and flash banner from the home page as they're checking email and the weather. Unfortunately this story is buried with no direct link from the home page.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
A lot of people have been calling the MSM out about this now but they still have the balls to do it, knowing the sheeple just believe what they are told. Hopefully the internet can change things this time around.

new topics

top topics

join