It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raw Truth about Fukushima, what the Media Doesn't want You to Know!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Very nice post OP, S& F for you....Stories like this truly scare me because, living in Chicago, it's practically impossible to monitor or watch the progress of an event as significant as the Fukushima disaster. I hate that the MSM refuses to share any 'real' stories with us, I hate that I always have to go to sites like this to get the real truth out there. No, Im not bashing sites like ATS, i love this site, I just wish the real news wasnt hidden from us by CNN, MSN, Fox, etc... Thank you for sharing this news with all of us....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
To help your thread we could do with a summary, perhaps some bullet points outlining the main points this guy is trying to get across. It may help get the message across to lazy people like myself

edit on 18-9-2011 by 11I11 because: (no reason given)

I agree for a second there I thought I was the only one that found that difficult to read, long winded, and translated poorly.

Don't care unless I can process the information. Time is money.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You must be saying that a news agency, hungry for news ignores this becuase of....????

So the government runs the news agencies?

So nothing about the government or anything is ever revealed in your country?

Rethink the logic.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So basically, what I'm getting is this...

Japan is hosed and should be quarantined.
There is so much radiation that there isn't a precedent or process for fixing a problem of this magnitude.
Those still in Japan will begin showing signs of cancer from now until 30 or more years from now.
The radiation has permeated the soil and vegetation so food originating from Japan should be avoided.
Radiation has leaked into the sea/ocean around Japan, possibly, poisoning the water-based organisms and those should be avoided as well.
There is also a good possibility that people in China, N/S Korea and possibly as far south as Australia and NZ may see affects from this disaster as well.

Is that about right? I don't mean to sound flippant. I agree that this is a horrible disaster and that the Japanese government's "Nothing to see here. Everything is peachy" policy is total bunk. I just want to make sure that I got the correct gist of the post.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think it's great that you are tying to share this information, but please don't take credit for other people's work. You make it sound as if you did us all a favor by painstakingly transcribing and translating video, when in reality you simply copied and pasted someone else's work. Not only without credit to them, but also explicitly claiming it as your own.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and thought maybe you were the original source, but you claimed you 'just finished', while this exact translation has been available on the original site for almost 2 months now.

To me, that shows you don't really care about getting the information out there, as much as you care about receiving stars/flags/attention.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Akasirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I didn't have time to read all this, as I have a plane flight to catch.
But, I'm going to flag this and read it when I get the chance.
Seems to be the information I was looking for about Fukushima.
It's a darn pity it ever happened and even worse the TEPCO and the world media decided to keep the world population in the shutters.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I live in the Midwest. Everytime it rains, I wonder how much radiation is in it. And it's not myself I worry about. It's for my 4 year old daughter. When I have a craving for fresh Pacific Salmon, I give pause and don't buy it. I stocked up on Japanese green tea, soon after the first explosion at Fukushima's nuke plant.
My gut feeling remains strong that Osaka will become the hub of financial and economic industry in 20 years, due to Tokyo loosing population and businesses moving South. When cancer rates begin to show an increase in Tokyo, it will cause people to move South. A lot of people.
It just breaks my heart. It really does. As a Hanbun, it affects me deeply. I watch JapanTV for updates on the situation, only to shake my head when I see news feed or documentaries of how people in the affected areas are still not receiving the help they need AND children living in areas within the 100 km radius of the Fukushima nuclear plant.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I do highly suggest however that you read the entire transcript, I spent several hours writing it today because it is that meaningful and important.
It's good information but it took that long to copy and paste it? I would have guessed 10 minutes.

Originally posted by vox2442
Next time, try googling the source. You can download a pdf of the official transcript - in English - from here: en.crms-jpn.com...

"So, using our knowledge base at the Radioisotope Center, we
calculated. Based on the thermal output, it is 29.6 times the
amount released by the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima. In
uranium equivalent, it is 20 Hiroshima bombs.
So let's call it 20-30 of the 0.015 megaton Hiroshima bombs. That's about 0.3 - 0.45 megatons. Let's put that in perspective:

rangevoting.org...

Sakharov estimated in 1957 that for each megaton worth of nuclear bomb testing, we ended up with 10000 extra human deaths due to cancers and birth defects (visible or invisible) from radioactive "fall out." ...

So far, over 2000 nukes have been tested worldwide. The total megatonnage of above-ground tests so far has been about 440 megatons, i.e. 4.4 million deaths according to Sakharov's estimate.

Using the same estimate of 10,000 extra deaths per megaton, that's an extra 3000-4500 deaths worldwide on top of the 4.4 million deaths already estimated from the 440 megatons of above ground nuclear tests. It's a lot, but we are a lot more likely to die from many other things besides Fukushima, unless we live in Japan. The death rate will be higher in Japan, closer to the source.

It sounds like the professor has some good suggestions for the Japanese government, but it remains to be seen if they will act on them. I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus
I think it's great that you are tying to share this information, but please don't take credit for other people's work. You make it sound as if you did us all a favor by painstakingly transcribing and translating video, when in reality you simply copied and pasted someone else's work. Not only without credit to them, but also explicitly claiming it as your own.

No I did not copy paste anything.

I took at least 4-5 hours doing it all by hand. You can ask my wife we were late to an appointment by 45minutes because I was running behind.

If you look very closely you will see that I used word pad to write it, the format was totally messed up, I had to reformat it for ATS, and I bet you that some of the spelling, punctuation, and grammar is slightly different than any source you can find on the net.

Also, if the only source was a PDF (which I had no knowledge of until like 5mintues ago), can you even copy paste from that? I don't know, usually you can't even do that..

Just pisses me off I dropped half a day which I could have been working (and I'm way behind now on my work) and someone comes and accuses me of essentially being a liar.

I have never committed plagiarism once in my entire life, not once.
edit on 19-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
My writing :

However in the case of the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant accident, 5 microsieverts within 100km radius (Tokai-Mura), .5 microsievert within 200km radius (Tokyo area) and the radiation extended far beyond, even to teas in Ashigara and Shizuoka, as everybody now knows.

Website linked at bottom of first page:

"However, in the case of the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant accident, 5 microsieverts within 100-kilometer radius [he is referring to Tokai-mura], 0.5 microsievert within 200-kilometer radius [referring to Tokyo area], and the radiation extended far beyond, even to teas in Ashigara and Shizuoka, as everybody now knows."

Proof I didn't plagiarize anything.

You really need to look closely before you accuse someone of something like this. Please don't just throw out hurtful and cruel accusations with Zero proof.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Again, I just proved that I didn't plagiarize anything.

If you check every section of this thing you will find my own personal touch throughout the entire thing.

So please look closer before you accuse me of copy/paste after I busted my rear writing this down by hand.

The ONLY copy/paste I did was from the word pad document I wrote myself, to the ATS chat box , which I then had to reformat because it automatically double spaced everything.

Also the right margin is screwed up and was shorter than it should have been.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Its very sad to see our brothers and sisters to suffer in Japan from the nuclear crisis. I strongly believe the governments have secret technology to destroy radiation and no coast. But it seems the governments around the world are killing everyone for population control in different ways so we don't notice. There are chem-trails, radiation, earth quakes, freak storms, man made viruses, ect.. If it brings ease to ones heart, living and suffering on this earth is only temporary. I'm sad to see those who are suffering. I send love energy to Japan. By the way OP, good work! Your hard work has already paid off, you have helped raise the awareness of many on here and thanks for all your hard work. S&F. Take care

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My writing :

"Chief Cabinet Secretary Edano said at that time, "There is no immediate effect on health". I actually thought this was going to be a big, big problem. Why was I concerned? Because the current Radiation Protection
Law is based on dealing with a small amount of radioactive materials that
emit very high radiation. In this case the total radioactive materials is
not much of an issue. What matters is how high the radiation is.

The original source as discovered by another ATS member:

"Chief Cabinet Secretary Edano said at that time, "There is no immediate effect on health". I actually thought this was going to be a big, big problem."

It was indeed in the news that 5 microsieverts/hour radiation was detected at Tokai-mura in Ibaraki Prefecture on March 15 morning, but hardly anyone, other than nuclear experts like him, connected that news with the elevated radiation level in Tokyo. The residents of Tokyo didn't even know about it. What happened in the morning of March 15? Well, Reactor 4 at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant had a "big noise" which blew out the roof at 6AM, and Reactor 2 had an explosion in the Suppression Pool at 6:14AM. Or it could be from the Reactor 3 explosion in the previous day, at 11:01AM on March 14.

The professor goes on to explain his concern at that time:

"Why was I concerned? Because the current radiation injury prevention method is based on dealing with a small amount of radioactive materials that emit very high radiation. In this case, the total amount of radioactive materials is not much of an issue. What matters is how high the radiation is.

So....anyone care to apologize for calling me a liar? I doubt it...

If you care to notice the original source is quite different from my own. Especially minor grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. Hell I just realized I missed out on large amounts of info because the video I have must have cut these sections out or something.

Mine "Radiation Protection Law" / Source " radiation injury prevention method". Etc.
I was taught to actually compare writings closely before accusing someone of plagiarism. Maybe others should attempt this minor legwork as well?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Then how much will it cost when you seriously do the decontamination
work?

In case of "Itai-Itai disease" caused by cadmium poisoning, to
decontaminate half of cadmium contaminated area of roughly 3,000 hectare,
the government has spent 800 billion yen so far. How much money will be
needed if we have to decontaminate the area 1,000 times as big?

Japan would have to drastically change it's whole way of life for years for this to happen and like all governments awash in bureaucracy I don't see it happening. . If you are in one of those effected areas or even close to one I say get out now. I don't see much hope for these people. ( when does governments ever really do the correct thing)

Pray. Pray first that there is a God if you don't believe in one then pray that he helps these people. The UN should step in with billions of dollars from all countries of it's members and make sure all these things get done.

Everyone talks about world peace and coming together as One Race to solve it's problems, Now is the time. Problem is counties wont give up the money, heck they dont have the money, and companies are selfish and greedy. This is the horror that capitalism has created. capitalism is the reason why we will never operate as One race.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
He did not copy and paste. He did type it himself into notepad from the video. We were behind schedule on everything yesterday afternoon because of this thread.

There can only be so much variation when two people quote the same person.

He wanted you people to be aware of this more than he wanted me to be happy with him yesterday. Thanks alot, folks!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Apparently, that source document you guys showed me doesn't even have everything I put either.

So actually my writing has more information that the source does not have. Example::

Source:

"What happens then? The problem like the contaminated rice hay happens. The pattern of contamination does not follow concentric circles. It depends on the weather. It also depends on where the particles landed - on the material that absorbs water, for example."

Mine::

What happens then? The problem like the contaminated rice hay happens. For example in Fujiwara-cho in Iwate Prefecture rice hay with 57,000 Bq/kg was found. Osaki in Miyagi Prefecture 17,000 Bq/kg. In Minami-Soma city in Fukushima Prefecture 106,000 Bq/kg, and in Shirakawa city in Fukushima 97,000 Bq/kg, and Iwate 64,000 Bq/kg.
The pattern of contamination does not follow concentric circles. It
depends on the weather. It also depends on where the particles landed -
on the material that absorbs water, for example.

Mine should be as close to the youtube video as humanly possible. As the video was my only source. I did edit a few slight things that I thought were incorrect such as punctuation, but I tried to keep it as close to the video as possible.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
You seem much more concerned about trying to prove you wrote it all out yourself than you are for the japanese people :/

The rates you post are barely above background level, most of the rest is known. It was terrible. Move on.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Maybe you should be having a word with him about that then, not whining about it here.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Man thank you for typing this out, most have been a pain in the bottom.

You know, this must be the most obvious coverup ever, and humanity is taking it like cheese and butter.

I do not understand how they are getting away with this.

That really scares me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

as far as i am concerned, muzzleflash (your other half?) did an excellent job with this thread. the time and effort is appreciated and i would ignore foolish remarks from less enlightened members who have nothing to offer except strife. i have read many many threads created by muzzleflash over the years and have found in his work a genuine concern for humanity.
regards fakedirt.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join