It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin orbital diagram altered by NASA? Could the BIG Doom date be 3 days early?!?!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by cloaked4u

I've heard so many of these anecdotal claims that all fall flat on their face when checked out. Animals know when someone dies. Animals know when quakes are about to hit. Animals know when UFOs are about to show up. Animals know when ... It's a big list of claims and none of them have turned out to be anything at all.

Are we in denial? I only stated that animals,birds, bee's know when earthquakes hit. I'm sure that there are alot other species that already know when an earthquake, sunami hits. Who knows, maybe they know things we do not. ARE YOU SCARED OF THAT FACT?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by ViP3r

What evidence do you have that says a comet doesn't have iron or nickel in it ? And how do you know this is a comet ? This could be a miniature Sun ,a red iron breathing Dragon.

So you have no evidence for any of the ludicrous claims you've posted. I'm not surprised.

As far it being a miniature sun, well that's even odder than anything else you've claimed.

I find it hard to believe that you made this nonsense up. I think you must have copied this wacko claim from some other source. Can't you divulge where you got this nutty idea?

This isn't a source from the internet ,this is coming from a buddy of mine that is more reputable than any online source around.He served 20 yrs in AZ as a Lead Staff Astronomer. We need to prepare.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ViP3r

And how could he determine the composition of Elenin accurately, but other astronomer cannot? There's also the fact that if it were a star it would not be outgassing. Not to mention it would have an albedo at least that of Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViP3r

reply to post by ViP3r

What evidence do you have that says a comet doesn't have iron or nickel in it ? And how do you know this is a comet ? This could be a miniature Sun ,a red iron breathing Dragon.

So you have no evidence for any of the ludicrous claims you've posted. I'm not surprised.

As far it being a miniature sun, well that's even odder than anything else you've claimed.

I find it hard to believe that you made this nonsense up. I think you must have copied this wacko claim from some other source. Can't you divulge where you got this nutty idea?

This isn't a source from the internet ,this is coming from a buddy of mine that is more reputable than any online source around.He served 20 yrs in AZ as a Lead Staff Astronomer. We need to prepare.

So, what exactly did he say to you?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Dogs can sniff out drugs, endangered species, nests, animals, etc.

Just as you provide anecdotes of animals detect quakes so have other people. They report hits when they think they exist. Observations of animals have not been predictors. It's apophenia after the event that you and others report.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Bloody hell, a Tuesday?

Couldn't it hit on Monday so i wouldn't have to go to work?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You are mistaken. It's okay. Animals are not able to detect earthquakes before they happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ViP3r

I don't believe you. You are making this up. These claims are too nonsensical to come from anyone that has been a lead staff astronomer or even someone that has a basic knowledge of astronomy.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just because the brightness of the object fades, does not imply it's broken up. I thought elenin was estimated to be a very large oddly shaped object. I've also heard it called an E-class Asteroid or comet. When I look this up it says E-class objects are usually metallic, what caused this metallic object to break up ? I've also heard it's made it's crystalline or made of other minerals, then lastly that it's either frozen gaseous material. If it's a frozen gas ball, as it rounds the sun, and heads back towards us it will solidify again, and just because it breaks up, does not change the fact it's a collection of matter, with a very large collective mass!

In the earlier claims of it being metallic in origin, how close is it going to pass the sun ? If it's close enough to melt, it's going to become solid on it's second trip past the Earth ? Why ? Because as it orbits the sun, it will heat to a very high temperature as well the gravity of the sun will cause the material to compress into another single mass, or am I ill informed on the concept of how matter reacts when a gravitational force acts against the inertia of an object moving through space. This is in fact how the planets formed spheres is it not ?

I've also heard that it's a large object with many surfaces, such as a polygon or diamond. Is it so farfetched to believe some of these surfaces aren't as reflective ? Or perhaps maybe the angle at which this surface is facing isn't reflecting as much light ? What about the fact that it's reached perihelion and the suns light would make it difficult to see a comet? What about the claims of some who say Elenin is still intact and never broke up? Could it be misdirection in play trying to to prevent us from paying any attention when it comes back around?

What about this ? www.abovetopsecret.com...

All in all the best way to tell what happened to Elenin, will be known after it makes it trip around the sun. If it comes out on the other side, faint or not it likely hasn't disintegrated. If it really is breaking up, it should not survive the trip around the sun. As well, if it has broken into smaller pieces wouldn't it make sense that the suns gravity could over whelm the mass of the smaller object ? Larger objects don't get pulled into the sun because it's hard to over come their mass, but if the objects are smaller, they would be more likely to lose momentum and be pulled into the sun. If the object comes out the other side, faint or not it's still intact it's just not bright for some reason.

As well I'd like to quote what another member said in the linked thread.

"There's no way with any telescope anyone can see the nucleus of a comet. You need a spacecraft for that.

A comet coma should grow brighter as it approaches perihelion, if it doesn't one of two things have occurred, it broke up or ran out of frozen volatiles to outgas which would be rare for a comet's first trip to the inner solar system. " Doesn't this seem odd to anyone else ? If it's really a comet as many suggest, which are typically composed of frozen gasses, which is why so many think Elenin is doomed, because it appears to be getting dimmer which in the case of comets suggests it's turned back to a gas or broken into smaller chunks which are more likely to evaporate, and will either be burned up or absorbed by the sun, how ever Elenin is considered a fairly large young comet and it doesn't make sense it wouldn't have survived this trip. I'm kind of shocked how easily everyone is swallowing what was presented to them. This doesn't seem odd to anyone else? I don't think Elenin is going to hit us by any means but It's been behaving rather odd, and for what the media tells us, it just doesn't sound right.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by ViP3r

I don't believe you. You are making this up. These claims are too nonsensical to come from anyone that has been a lead staff astronomer or even someone that has a basic knowledge of astronomy.

If you don't believe this (that Elenin is composed of iron), then perhaps you should alert the post since posting something knowingly to be false on ATS is against the T&C.
edit on 9/19/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: iron, typo, grammar

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You are mistaken. It's okay. Animals are not able to detect earthquakes before they happen.

Yes they can, and i can post all day long on videos to prove it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by nh_ee

Elenin will cross Earth's orbit millions of kilometers above the Earth. It passed the ecliptic a few days ago and will continue to go farther and farther above the Earth's orbit. Even when Elenin was in one piece its tail was too short to reach Earth at perigree.

you mean it passed the ecliptic a few days ago... and India had an earthquake a day ago?!?!?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

My dogs went nuts just before and during the quake that hit off the coast of BC... Your rebuttal ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oh and I too want to know a little more about the Brown/Red Dwarf theory. I thought they were launching a satellite or telescope that would debunk it once and for all. I have heard no such proof it doesn't exist.

ALSO ! I would like to add, on a completely fantasy esque idea. Wouldn't it be awesome if we passed through Elenin's Coma and we all experienced a silent hill kind of experience on a world wide scale !!! Droooooool !

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
www.calorey.com...

This guy looks at classified ads and moniters lost pets looking for increase in lost pets nd is successful.
edit on 19-9-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ugh this is getting old.
Stop living in fear and focus your energies on something more worth while.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Nasa shows Elenin's orbit unchanged. That proves there is a possibility that it has not broken up.

~SheopleNation

Elenin's Orbit

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Regardless of whether or not Elenin is really an icy dirtball, has broken up or brings with it any quantifiable measure of doomishness (is that already in the urban dictionary?), I have to say that I find the banter between the two sides of this argument extremely entertaining!

I say, let's have an astronomical 'event' like this every month from here on out; this is way more fun than most of the other threads on here lately.

Can I name the next one.....please?

*scurries away to create a name riddled with numerology, secret society symbolism and multiple apocalyptic acronym possibilities*

edit on 20-9-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by truthseekr1111

Oh and btw, ELENIN WAS NOT ALIGNED PERFECTLY ON 3/11/11, IT WAS ALIGNED PERFECTLY ACCORDING TO NASA ON 3/15/11.

THE JAPAN QUAKE STRUCK 2 DAYS EARLIER BEFORE ALIGNMENT

Your math isn't very good. Two days before the "alignment" on March 15 would be March 13 (15-2=13), not March 11. The Japan earthquake occurred 4 days before the "alignment" (15-11=4).

edit on 9/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Which is why i put the word ABOUT, in front of 2 DAYS.

duh

Please KEEP UP with things and please stop post editing CONTEXT or someone might think you're doing intentionally to hide the facts

ooops, too late

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join