It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin orbital diagram altered by NASA? Could the BIG Doom date be 3 days early?!?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Just because you can't see something does not mean others have the same problem. I saw Venus pass in front of the Sun and I saw that without the aid of a telescope or any special gear.

Check out this link to see a photo of a shuttle and the ISS in front of the Sun.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

This is the first time Elenin swung by the Sun.
edit on 18-9-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by nh_ee

What about the Earth's crossing Elenin's Orbital path in October ?

The comet will be above the ecliptic when it passes the orbit of the Earth.

Stereologist is correct on this point. See JPL Small Body Database Orbit Diagram below:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 9/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

ETA: Side on view with orbits removed for clarity. Note Elenin is above ecliptic.
edit on 9/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

If you check out the colors you will see that the applet colors parts of the orbit different colors to show which parts are above the ecliptic and which are below.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

There's also the fact that Elenin might not even be passing in front of the Sun. It may just be passing near the Sun. In which case a simple coronagraph would allow one to see it easily.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If you check out the colors you will see that the applet colors parts of the orbit different colors to show which parts are above the ecliptic and which are below.

Ah, I see. Dark blue below, light blue above. Thank you. I didn't notice that before.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

PS - Don't forget we're still fighting on the "Nine" thread. I left you a task...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Don't forget that I have already responded to your issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

Bring it on, I'm ready...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Don't forget that I have already responded to your issue.

Don't forget the new season of AMC's "The Walking Dead" starts October 16th.

I'll be hiding out in my secret underground bunker well before it airs though...
edit on 9/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the all caps, fear-mongering title. I'm sure this "big doom" event that you're clearly concerned about isn't going to happen, relax dude. Hundreds of years ago when people had no clue what they were, they would think that comets were signs of the end of times or a precursor to the fall of a king or something, but really you guys have to realize that it's just a comet.

Could the comet hit the earth? Sure, there's a tiny chance that it could happen, but that's an incredibly rare occurence so it most likely won't. If it was going to happen, NASA wouldn't hide it from people and keep it quiet. I don't know where you guys get this idea that NASA is a bunch of corrupt crooks, but they're just Astronomers, Physicists, Engineers, and people that live for that stuff, they would be the first to warn us if it was going to impact Earth directly.
edit on 18-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

I'm not afraid. After i get vaporised i'll be with Jesus Christ, you can die if you want to. I plan on living for eternity, cheers!
edit on 18-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I don't think I am mad, but no guarantees there.

How is Elenin's position right now any different from a "new moon" when it's nothing but a dark shadow invisible to us in the daytime sky?

Now I understand why we would notice it directly between Earth and Sol, just like any solar eclipse, or that very cool photo on the top of the page.with the silhouette of the Shuttle and ISS. That's the day we are waiting to see, when the comet's coma alters the appearance of the daytime sun. Will that really be all that spectacular? I don't know, but I am on board with the theory of an impact between Elenin and Earth. Hopefully I'm wrong.

My guess is what we see as a disappearing coma is just the sunlight washing out what little light gets reflected in our direction by the debris as is moves between us and Sol. Once it's directly between us, we may get to see the shadow cast on the Earth or a discoloration of the sunlight as it passes through the coma. Or, maybe we won't see anything until it hits us.

If this comet or whatever it is just passes and does nothing at all, I will officially retire my tinfoil hat.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That's a very VERY cool picture thank you for that, but that's not what I meant. Let me clarify, Elinin is not directly between us and sol, but in it's current position it is similar to the "new moon", when all we see is the dark side of the moon in the daytime which is is invisible to us unless it happens to eclipse the sun.

Would Elenin reflect enough light in our direction to detect it at all, with any equipment, in the daytime? That's the only way we can see it, from the daylight side of the Earth, facing Sol, where Elenin is headed towards us from.

How are you going to see that?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Do you have an example of the "new moon" visible in a coronagraph? Would that even be possible? As far as I understand we can only observe bodies with an coronagraph from the perspective of Earth when those bodies are on the opposite side of Sol from us, reflecting all of their light in our direction. How would that work when the body is between Earth and Sol? All we would see is the shadow (nothing) correct?
edit on 19/9/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Awaiting your replies debunkers. I assure you I am here to read and learn so help me understand your perspective if you are more experienced with this than I am.

All I know is it's coming from the sun, and we can't see much besides the sun in that direction.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I found this;

Wiki link

We can't see the New Moon unless it transits Sol, so I think that proves you are wrong.

Re;

There's also the fact that Elenin might not even be passing in front of the Sun. It may just be passing near the Sun. In which case a simple coronagraph would allow one to see it easily.

edit on 18/9/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Anyone else find this timing funny ?

www.space.com...

--------------------------------
Earlier today I also posted a similar comment....

Wow..That would be a really convenient lie....This way we have already been told to not be alarmed because something may be falling from the sky...!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Answer to your question the timing seems odd....just like a few other things related to this comet.
Of course,it's water under the bridge Now as we've been told it's disintegrated..of course it has

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Whatever is out there we will find out in roughly a week. No sense in debating it now, if you already prepared for the worst then good for you.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wow, this is the most out of it post ever on ATS. Really? NASA - who aparently haven;t even landed on the moon yet, have altered.......

Oh never mind, I can't change loony thinking.

Hey a faerie just flew past my window!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join