It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interconnection - Chapter 1: The Awakening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I felt a cold breeze on the back of my neck. Looking over at the window I noticed it was still wide open. The year is 2012, January the 1st. I looked at the clock and the time was 11:11. I snickered momentarily without knowing why before deciding I should get some sleep soon. I had lost track of time writing an article for my blog. I run a blog with my own comic strip and other funny stuff. It's a relatively new and modern way to work from home, it is how I make a living.

The bedroom door creaked as I carefully nudged it open. My girlfriend Katie was fast asleep, making a soft snoring noise. She really needs to quit smoking those joints I thought to myself. After the complimentary toe stab in the dark, I was able to make my way into bed. I had trouble sleeping that night. I kept waking up feeling like there was something in my room and I had some extremely disturbing dreams that didn't make any sense.

My crusted eyelids pealed open and I slowly became aware that I was on the recliner downstairs. My head was aching. Something didn't seem right. It was morning and the sun was up. I concluded that my headache was from a lack of sleep and went to make a coffee. I couldn't stop thinking about how I got downstairs though. Even though I haven't done it before I eventually convinced myself I must have walked downstairs in my sleep. I tried to remember what I was dreaming to no avail.

Coffee dripped onto the computer desk as I placed my mug down and prepared to initiate my morning rituals; checking my email, blog etc. I must have slept like a rock after coming downstairs, I don't usually sleep so late. I assumed Katie must be at work because it was a Monday. I started up my PC and opened gmail and found that I only had one new email with no subject line.

Upon opening the email it seemed like the email was entirely blank. Noticing that gmail was blocking the images in the email I clicked the button that allows me to see the images. An animated gif image appeared on the screen. Several frames of the image quickly flashed before my eyes and I sat there in a trance-like state as the animated image continued to show me a secession of quickly changing images that I couldn't make out.

When it finished my web browser crashed but my headache was gone. Very quickly I noticed that I wasn't the same. Something...had changed inside of me, my mind was processing thoughts differently. Suddenly I understood the most complex mathematical concepts. I also felt much more spiritual, I felt a strong surge of energy bring me to life. It was like something inside of me awakened, something that was always there but was finally given the chance to burn brightly.

Feeling like a mathematical genius, I decided to learn how to program. I felt that I could vastly expand my online presence if I learnt to program, I always wanted to learn anyway; now I could be a pro. Katie arrived home later that day, she told me that I was still in bed when she left the house for work. She didn't really understand or care about my whole enlightenment experience so I just left it alone and tried to act normal.

Day 23. In the last few weeks I've spent all of my time learning most of the programming languages created by Humans...and I call them Humans because I no longer consider myself Human. Something has changed and I'm now different from ever other person on Earth...I need to accept that. It wasn't long before I designed my own programming language. It was much better than any Earthly attempt if I do say so myself. I didn't stop there however, before long I had created my own operating system.

I finally decided to see what was in the gif file. I didn't want to risk looking at it again in case it did something else to me, but I made sure to open it with an application that would simply show me the individual frames that make up the entire animation. Each frame contained a bunch of weird symbols that looked nothing like any Earth language...I couldn't make any sense of them but they felt vaguely familiar. I spent several hours just staring at the symbols.

"When are you going to get off that thing and come to bed with me! You're turning into a damn zombie!" Katie yelled. "Come on Adam...look at the time." she moaned. She was pouring herself a glass of milk as she liked to do each night before bed. I glanced over at the clock and it was 11:11. I had an uneasy feeling of déjà vu. I switched the clock off after deciding it was only serving as a distraction.

"Just give me another hour or two...I'm working on something important." I muttered incoherently. Not because I was tired but because my mind was completely focused on a program I was working on. Katie didn't know it, but I planned to stay up all night. She waddled upstairs to bed with her glass of milk as I sat tapping keyboard keys through the quite cold night. I find that my mind functions better late at night, I'm not sure why yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Day 41. Since the time my mind underwent some sort of rapid transformation I've learnt a lot of new things. My new found spirituality has led me into the deep dark world of conspiracy theories. The change I experienced has altered me, it has caused me to perceive the world in an indescribably different way. It's like I could suddenly see how insane the people on the planet truly are and I'm now fixated on finding an explanation and solution.

My disconnection with the Human race is growing exponentially each day. It's not that I have a hate for Humans, I have an immense love for all creatures...the excessive hate and violence demonstrated by the Human race is vastly disturbing and foreign to the way my mind now thinks. Even my girlfriend is starting to notice that I'm becoming someone completely different from my old self. I feel like I should pay more attention to our relationship but I have higher priorities at the moment.

Day 50. My trip down the rabbit hole has caused me to have a kind of second awakening. My research has revealed to me that much of the worlds wealth is owned by a very small minority of people. I have deduced that the "elite" are controlling and monopolizing money production via criminal organizations such as the Federal Reserve. By controlling the creation of money they can also control the value of said money by limiting or printing more of it.

They have the power to influence entire economies. Americas founding fathers warned of this evil banking cartel but obviously no one took their warnings seriously enough, because now they control so much of the worlds assets they can engineer false scarcity and inflict poverty on a huge number of the worlds population. Let me tell you now; I've done the math...Humans have enough resources to provide high living standards for every single person on Earth.

I know it may sound cliche, but I am now dedicated to using my new found mental abilities for the greater good. You don't deserve power if you do nothing productive with it. I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of bubblegum! I have a grand plan. Step one is to get myself some serious computing power. My PC desktop computer isn't going to cut it anymore. I've been working on a trojan virus that will turn the victims computer into a part of my botnet.

This isn't just any trojan virus...this is state of the art. It actively reprograms it's self based on data collected by the network. The network it's self will operate via encrypted connections over a complex P2P network that is completely autonomous and impossible to destroy. It will also alter all anti-virus applications so they ignore any file related to my trojan. Things like this have been made before but nothing this advanced. The more PC's I have in my botnet the more computing power I will have.

I require this excessive amount of processing power because I intend to hack some high profile targets and make some massive leaks on the internet. I have developed advanced encryption cracking algorithms, but it requires lots of processing power and my targets will be using advanced forms of encryption designed to protect highly sensitive information. My intended goals are to break into these highly secured machines and retrieve classified information.

There are several groups that already do similar things...such as Anonymous or LulzSec. I briefly considered joining such a group but I decided to do this solo. I don't think like most other people anyway. Be prepared to witness a one man army unleash hell. The virtual world shall be the battle ground of this new-age war. The consequences and stakes of the game are high...and the result will shock this Earth to the core.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
NOTICE: Do not copy my ideas and make any part of this story into a novel, movie, or any other type of commercial/profitable venture without my explicit written permission. You may contact me via PM on this message board if you have any questions. Thank you.
edit on 18-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Cool plot line, I like where you are going with this....

When can we expect chapter 2?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Cool plot line, I like where you are going with this....
Things are just heating up my friend. I hope to make this series full of twists and turns, epic.

When can we expect chapter 2?
Oh...probably within a couple of weeks. Maybe sooner.
edit on 18-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Really good, especially the first post. By the second post I was a little thrown off by your new-found awakening giving you "knowledge" about the disproportional wealth and global elite. Maybe because all of us on ATS are already conditioned to this information and consider it the regular deal.

"My crusted eyelids pealed open" is one of my favorite lines.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Cool story so far...Ya got me hooked, can't wait for part two.
In life, the right conditions are needed for the seed to sprout.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Note in the short story forum:

Give flags and stars if you like it. Chaotic has talent, I like his slant, yet I gave him his only flag. Be courteous, these are free stories from people who MAYBE famous authors someday.

However, I am somewhat prejudice. I also write. I'd also like my contributions flagged and starred as well.

Think of it like dropping a dime in the blind beggars hat. It doesn't seem like much, but it means a world to those who actually produce new ideas.

All it takes is a few mouse clicks to produce positive feedback.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I like it a lot.
please keep going.

new topics

top topics

join