It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Logic that will make your head spin

page: 4
56
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


ok, i watched it and he doesn't touch on the particles that are smaller than the quarks, he just merely refers to the "space" between the quarks as "nothing"......we can refer to the "space" between me and this computer, but just because i can't see the particles that are filling that "space" doesn't mean that they are nothing.......it's an argument that you simply cannot win if you don't go deeper than the person teaching you on this video.......
edit on 18-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder
 


Isn't the pain in my feet, which is a form of energy exchange, also matter? It's not just a feeling, it actually exists as matter. And so then thought is also matter, therefore; all thought could already exist. Then perhaps, it always has and it always will.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

edit on 18-9-2011 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ
 


You are absolutely right.

The problem lies in our inability to effectively communicate that which we don't adequately understand.

Our vocabulary is lacking the proper nouns, adjectives, adverbs and other necessary identifiers that may help us understand and explain these conundrums.

And then maybe it really is so simple and basic that we keep can't see it sitting on the tip of our noses.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathofall
reply to post by patternfinder
 


Isn't the pain in my feet, which is a form of energy exchange, also matter? It's not just a feeling, it actually exists as matter. And so then thought is also matter, therefore; all thought could already exist. Then perhaps, it always has and it always will.



that's a good way of looking at it....therefore we just experience it instead of create it...it was already here before you ever brought it into fruition by thinking it.......



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's an infinitely difficult concept.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathofall
It's an infinitely difficult concept.


yet infinitely simple at the same time....i'm beginning to feel a bit trapped now ha ha....we can't escape this reality



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
wouldn't it be something if we didn't actually move, but, we stayed stationary and reality "moved" around us? therefore giving us the perception that we are moving through reality.......
edit on 18-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)


When we move our hands, we do not move based upon command (by saying move, stop), so either we move based upon our nervous system, meaning we are not the ones in control of our movements, or the nervous system is not in control and it is our "will", but since there is no physical thing called the will, the will is immaterial, meaning it remains motionless while it causes movement. We are the "unmoved mover."

If the mind connects the will to body, then the mind must be both material and immaterial, a contradiction. So either movement is a contradiction, it is not based on our own will, or our will is independent of movement. Since contradictions can't exist, and since we do not act mechanically or unconsciously, it must be that our will is independent of body.

We move the body, the body does not move us, thus we must be outside of body.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


ok, i watched it and he doesn't touch on the particles that are smaller than the quarks, he just merely refers to the "space" between the quarks as "nothing"......we can refer to the "space" between me and this computer, but just because i can't see the particles that are filling that "space" doesn't mean that they are nothing.......it's an argument that you simply cannot win if you don't go deeper than the person teaching you on this video.......
edit on 18-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)


You are still missing the point. Nothing is everything. There are no empty spaces in the universe. An empty glass is full of air. An empty vacuum in outer space is still full. As the video points out, the universe is a mixed bag of energy transiting in and out of our dimension. It is a projection. Read my article. Simple theories like Dirac's relativistic quantum mechanical wave equation show us the truth of the Bible. We are simply reading it with an incorrect perspective. This is changing. LINK

If you look at the ocean, you may only think it consists of the surface and the waves. If you dive deeper, you see that there is an infinity stacked on more infinity. The further science gets along the path of understanding light, the closer we are to seeing the light as more than the surface and waves.

M-Theory suggests that the strings of String Theory are microcosmic strands of DNA type information. We are literally formed from information. When the 75 foot oak tree is reduced, it can be found enfolded into the acorn. The acorn is yet another form of the essence of the oak tree in a loop, or cycle of the same. Both are the essence of the information and instructions to transmute the matter into form. You are the same. The body you reside in is merely the vehicle allowing the essence of information that makes your true state conscious.

The matter that makes your body is a tent and a tent is temporary. LINK The link to the left is a short description of this from the 22 letters of the early Hebrew script know as Pheonecian. God used nature to reveal Himself. Nature is concrete. The concrete is the symbol revealing the abstract information to reveal meaning and truth.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just words, a way we created to understand eachother. I dont belive you can explain it with words or numbers but there is other ways. I think we all came from a black hole...no greek thought of that did they?



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



ok, this is what we've been saying this whole time, sans the religious aspect of it...and i'm not arguing against the fact that there is more to the torah than even the bible reveals....i think that there is just way more to everything than can be explained in a relatively small book....i'm sure there are references to many philosophic teachings in the bible, but it is still just a chapter in the book that we call life....and it is impossible for me to read without putting it down due to the violence and the finiteness of it..........plus, way too many contradictions for me to swallow...i am realizing that my creator is way bigger than you or anyone else can project for me through some book that a tribe that proports to be the only israelites and therefore the only of "gods chosen", when i know that only one tribe was of judaic descent and that was the line of judah....i'm an israelite also and am one of "the chosen people" according to the fact that there was 12 tribes, not just one.......sorry, i don't buy jewish hogwash and chose not to incorporate it into my existence/nonexistence.......



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloster
Just words, a way we created to understand eachother. I dont belive you can explain it with words or numbers but there is other ways. I think we all came from a black hole...no greek thought of that did they?


you're depth is immeasurable, take that as you may



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



ok, this is what we've been saying this whole time, sans the religious aspect of it...and i'm not arguing against the fact that there is more to the torah than even the bible reveals....i think that there is just way more to everything than can be explained in a relatively small book....i'm sure there are references to many philosophic teachings in the bible, but it is still just a chapter in the book that we call life....and it is impossible for me to read without putting it down due to the violence and the finiteness of it..........plus, way too many contradictions for me to swallow...i am realizing that my creator is way bigger than you or anyone else can project for me through some book that a tribe that proports to be the only israelites and therefore the only of "gods chosen", when i know that only one tribe was of judaic descent and that was the line of judah....i'm an israelite also and am one of "the chosen people" according to the fact that there was 12 tribes, not just one.......sorry, i don't buy jewish hogwash and chose not to incorporate it into my existence/nonexistence.......


We only see ourselves by looking into a mirror. We reflect this light as do all aspects of nature. To say that the Bible is a poor reflection of the light is to miss the source of all light. The Word of God, both written and living, is the root of all that follows. You can look at anything you like, but the source of what you reflect your thoughts from will always lead you back to the root of what you are seeing. LINK


edit on 18-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 


uuummmm...

if i remember correctly Zeno's point with all those paradoxes was to demonstrate
the fallibility and limitations of logic.

those paradoxes arise as a result of language and obviously cannot be seen or demonstrated in the "real world".


just wanted to point that out



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


i have a very intimate relationship with our creator, but this is going off topic....we're trying to solve the unsolvable and have some laughs while we're at it.....hmmm, i wonder what i'm going to think of next??????



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by filosophia
 


uuummmm...

if i remember correctly Zeno's point with all those paradoxes was to demonstrate
the fallibility and limitations of logic.

those paradoxes arise as a result of language and obviously cannot be seen or demonstrated in the "real world".


just wanted to point that out



do you think our language is limited to our experience or is our experience limited to our language?



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
here is some logic, the theories you posted came from man, man is flawed, man is stupid, man MAKES answers from the information they have..........and because man is unable to understand things the same way, (because of their brain, and arguments, and oposing-view-points) then everything you posted was false, and yet true depending on the viewer, in which case you bring up the item of value, (what persons view has more value than others).........ya!



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by peanutman27
here is some logic, the theories you posted came from man, man is flawed, man is stupid, man MAKES answers from the information they have..........and because man is unable to understand things the same way, (because of their brain, and arguments, and oposing-view-points) then everything you posted was false, and yet true depending on the viewer, in which case you bring up the item of value, (what persons view has more value than others).........ya!


Ah, but don't you see, your argument works against you. You say that everything is false because it was posted by man, who is flawed, and so since you are also a man, what you say is also false.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by filosophia
 


uuummmm...

if i remember correctly Zeno's point with all those paradoxes was to demonstrate
the fallibility and limitations of logic.

those paradoxes arise as a result of language and obviously cannot be seen or demonstrated in the "real world".


just wanted to point that out


No, it showed the limitations of his opponent's logic, not logic itself.

It was to defend the arguments of Parmenides

plato.stanford.edu...

Modern philosophers say the paradoxes exemplify the limitations of logic, but that was not Zeno's original intent.


edit on 18-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by peanutman27
here is some logic, the theories you posted came from man, man is flawed, man is stupid, man MAKES answers from the information they have..........and because man is unable to understand things the same way, (because of their brain, and arguments, and oposing-view-points) then everything you posted was false, and yet true depending on the viewer, in which case you bring up the item of value, (what persons view has more value than others).........ya!


Ah, but don't you see, your argument works against you. You say that everything is false because it was posted by man, who is flawed, and so since you are also a man, what you say is also false.


correct but i also said it is true depending on the viewer, there is black and white, no one is better unless you ask someone, unless someone is made to make a choice, true+false=maybe, the point i was going for is its a grey viewpoint, but i am glad people read what i posted and payed enough attention to call me on it. thank you



new topics

top topics



 
56
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join